• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone ever seen this???

spedbugy

Loc.
Marshfield, MO
A friend of mine who has owned many early Bronco's over the years told me that he has seen a three point hitch setup for the EB's so that farm impliments such as a plow or even a brush hog could be used. Does anyone have any info on this?? Was this from Ford or an aftermarket company??

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Could have been a factory option, I couldnt see why though. Most likely its a custom made hitch. You could probably find someone in your area to fab one up for you. Good luck with the hunt

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, a PTO was available, I don't think the 3point hitch was though. You could hook up a brush hog on the PTO and pull it around, but not raise it.
I don't think it'd be easy to fab a 3point hydraulic hitch.
I think it'd be prohibitively difficult!

colobronco

i had a friend that had a manuel that showed all kinds of stuff you mounted off the back. it was a three point set up. had things like a post hole digger. never seen one in person but have seen the pics. i'm trying to picture the book and i can't remember if it was ford or some other place, it kinda remember it was a ford brocure or manuel.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I can't believe a post hole digger or 3 point attachment was a Ford option.
It HAD to be aftermarket. More of us would know it if it were a Ford option.
I'd like to see this book or brochure as well.

colobronco

i havent seen that guy in about 15 years. that was like way back in high school days. if his name comes back to me i'll try to look him up.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Re: Re: Book??

IowaMike said:
My '68 has the hand throttle option. Sits just below the choke to the left of the gauge cluster. The original window sticker shows it as a $3.48 option.

My 67 has it as well, but it is on the right side of the intrument panel left of the ignition key hole.:p. I thought all EBs had that. If not what is it for. I dont even have the PTO option.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
On my '69 the hand throttle is right next to the choke knob. it just pulls a lever attached to the gas pedal to hold the gas slightly open. I couldn't use mine after the cage install so I removed it the last time I was fiddling with the gas pedal cable install.

I remember an old Ford ad for the Bronco that shows a wrecker boom in the bed. I think it was the original '66 ad campaign touting the power of the straight 6 and the vehicles versitility.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I've seen literature on that stuff as well, you could hook up an auger (post hole digger), snow plow, and a winch. You couldn't bush hog with a Bronco because the transfer case has to be in N to operate a PTO drive, therefore you cannot move the vehicle. I believe it was factory, since Ford makes a lot of farm equipment, etc...also.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
this was a selling point that 4x4 manufactors used in the
early years to sell them to farmers. I have seen the sales
lit. on them for ford and remember seeing commercials for the heeps also.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I stand corrected! :)
I knew Ford was big into tractors, but to cross them over in marketing is a pretty big jump. :eek:
Iwould really like to see how they hook up the 3 point hitch!
Surely it wasn't hydraulic was it? ;D

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
I've also got a hand throttle on my truck, left of the speedo, above the gas gauge switch and my rig came stock without a manual choke or a PTO. The hand throttle would work if I reinstalled a spring.