• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help ID'ing Flares

SBradley

In issue #85 of Bronco Driver, there is an article entitled, "Bronco War Survivor" featuring an EB built by a gentleman in Thailand. My question is, does anyone know who manufactures the fender flares on that Bronco? Thanks.

Attachments

• BD Flares.jpg
    BD Flares.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Paul, you could at least post a picture for those of us to lazy to click the link.

Well if you're just being the computer-savvy smart type and not falling for click-bait, you just have to wait a little longer.;D

Thanks savage. Yep, that's the one. Another angle:
zombie flares.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
In issue #85 of Bronco Driver, there is an article entitled, "Bronco War Survivor" featuring an EB built by a gentleman in Thailand. My question is, does anyone know who manufactures the fender flares on that Bronco? Thanks.

Is that guy on FB, see some random pics posted at times on there...

OP
OP
S

SBradley

Sorry for the delay. Here are some photos of the flares in question. I've never been able to find flares like these that seem to be intended to mount right at the body line with the fuel filler cut out in the correct place. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• BD Flares.jpg
    BD Flares.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 55

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't see many built and burly Broncos with Buddhist monks in the picture anymore.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sorry for the delay. Here are some photos of the flares in question. I've never been able to find flares like these that seem to be intended to mount right at the body line with the fuel filler cut out in the correct place. Thanks for any assistance.

that's a prime time rig right there..

svobronco

Contributor
Anyone else notice that it has 6 lug wheels?
I contacted someone in Iceland many years ago about getting some of the HUGE flares they use up there. They are (were) made in Iceland. Maybe it's a set from there, they are pretty big...

OP
OP
S

SBradley

Odd coincidence, but the new issue of BD that I just received today has another feature involving the Thai Bronco. Unfortunately there is no additional info about the truck as it is basically a humanitarian piece. Photos of the truck are minimal and mostly obstructed by people.

McLeod

The flares in the picture you posted are slightly different. Look at where the rivets are. They are not recessed in pocket holes like the Wild Horses ones are.

Several years backs James Duff had a similar style flare that they called UFO flares. They weren't out very long before they became un-obtanium. In fact, I think Stacy David's Crazy Horse got the Duff UFO flares.

EDIT:
But I just notice how huge the ones in your pic are. Interested to find out more.

OP
OP
S

SBradley

Shill37, thanks for the research and response, but I'm just not a social media guy. I guess that's my loss. Thanks anyway though.