• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How Long Have You Owned Bronco

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I bought mine in '97? I think. I wasn't even really lookin for one. just wanted an old 4x4. 1st looked at a really beat mid 80s ramcharger, then I looked at a real nice Scout II. Then after we'd decided on a Scout (but not THAT scout...too pretty), and started to head for home, we just happened to drive by and saw ol' Ugly with a 4 sale sign in a driveway. Couple hours later, we were driving it home!
best $1800 I've ever spent.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Almost 5 years. Only drove it once before I tore it apart for the frame-up.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Addiction started in 94 with my 67, had it for 3 years, smoked some crack and sold it. Got back into it just over a year ago and have 3 now but still looking for the original.

knack

Contributor
24 years. Wow!

I bought my first one in 1975 (70 model - had it 6 years) the next in 1988 (80 model - owned for 7 years) next in 1995 (73 model - still drive it) bought another in 2000 for parts (67 model) bought another in 2003 (70 model - current project.) No wonder I'm broke all the time.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I bought mine in late summer of 96.

I wanted one for years before that, it was one fateful hunting trip that got me hooked...

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Bought my first 68 in '93 for $800. Blew the transmission & both axles within a month, sold it for $900 and the plow that was on it for $200. Saved, got my current 72 in '95 for $1700.

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
7 years. I had two full size broncos before my 74. I had always wanted an early bronco but couldn't justify two vehicles and I had to have a reliable DD. I got a company truck and was about to get married so it was time.

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
I bought my '74 in the summer of '02. I had been looking for a few years and had always liked them. So, my dad saw one that was just sitting in a field and we decided to ask about it. Not too long after that, and with a Gatorade bottle full of gas under the hood, (lol, long story) we drove it to our yard.

Oh, it'll be five years this summer.
<----long winded, lol.

6daze

Mine was purchased brand new w/ every option in 1971. My parents would remove the rear seat, put my crib in it and drove all over the west coast. My Bronco is older than I am.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have had My Current Bronco for two years, but have owned a 69 and a 76.
The 69 was my first ever vehical at the age of 16, it was a rust bucket, so I sold it and bought the 76 a few year later. I drove the 76 for a bunch of years until I let a buddy drive it, who then totaled it.

I killed me not having a Bronco, so when I found this one, I jumped at it.

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
My dad bought mine brand new July 26, 1966 for $2265. I was 9 months old at the time. I guess my username may be a little misleading. It was a farm truck for 11 years, sat most of the time for 6 years, then I got it from him. Still tore all apart right now but one of these days..... So what does that make it? 40+ I guess. Do I win anything? LOL.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I got my Bronco when I was 16 and I am 23 now. But my Dad owed it since 1973. So its had me for 23 years.

tburke

Loc.
Siler City NC
I bought mine in 1980, I was a junior in college. It was perfect for the mountains of NC. I was able to find a nice house to rent (cheap) because it took a four wheel drive to get to it in the winter.

27 years on that one. My other one I have had for ten years.

hucktruck

Loc.
Missouri
I bought my first one in 1988 and rolled it in 1989. Still have it in my parents garage. It's complete but in bad shape. I've owned several since then but the one in my garage now for 4 years.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Bought my '69 in October 1999. Been a heck of a lot of adventures and learning experiences with it. I've bought and sold a '66 and a '74 since buying the '69 and have purchased a bone stock '68 that I am planning on keeping. Hoping to pick up a sweet '72 from a customer in exchange for some work later this year.