• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How Long Have You Owned Bronco

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I've had my 75 for 5 Months! I guess I'm the newbie here. I finally got over that "what did I get myself into?" phase and I'm really enjoying working on it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
bought mine on august 24th of 2001. we've had our ups and downs, and plenty of engines. right now i'm enjoying the hell out of it!

catfish1512

Loc.
Fort Worth, TX
Bought mine 6 mos ago drove it 3 times.(on the trailer, off the trailer, and into the garage) Still in the what have I gotten myself into phase... :eek:

jabranovich

Loc.
New Castle PA.
How long

Bought a '69 in 1975,built it all up,played in the mud almost every weekend,had it about 6 yrs.had a bunch of 4x4s,all Fords,bought my '72 in 1999 had it ever scince,I was counting the other day,from '75-'07 I' had 9 parts Broncs........Da built a '76 in 2004 and sold on ebay '06.

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
This is Bronco Tech how, exactly? ?:?

Agreed. Definitely in the wrong forum.

But what the hay...I've owned mine about 1.5 years. Well past the WTF did I get myself into phase and now in the I-love-driving-it-everyday-but-wish-I-had-an-overdrive-trans phase.

Doyle

Bronco Guru
Bought two the same day, package deal, a little over five years ago. Took almost four years to make a driver out of one of them, little spare time and less spare money. Now using the 73 Ranger as a daily driver, almost 9,000 miles in the last year. Its still got some rough spots, but I love driving it. Get some strange looks from the youngsters that have never seen one.

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
As of June 6th of this year it would be in my possecion(sp) for a year now. It is one of the best things that have happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cory,

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
34 years I bought mine in 73 with 13,000 miles on it. The years that their parents owned them before they got them don't count. Anybody want a shot at the title?

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
i have had mine about 10 years but have only put a few miles on it:cry: no money then no time then no money and so on and so on.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
34 years I bought mine in 73 with 13,000 miles on it. The years that their parents owned them before they got them don't count. Anybody want a shot at the title?

deltarat -even with my wife's GRANDparents purchasing ours new I can't take the title from you! ;D (The Bronco is a 74.)

Purchased my first one - a 69, in 1980 and it was my DD for 7 + years and then sold it to get a Big Bronco. We "inherited" the 74 Ranger in 1999 and we'll pass it on to one of our kids someday. I have had my trail rig since 2002 and we picked up a 66 a couple of years ago. So total man-years ownership is 22 years, not counting grandparent time!

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
had mine bout a year in a half. but it was between two of my buddies for fifteen before that, then I decided to keep it in town and both of them every time I see them say "wish I wouldnt have sold that".

joe

Bronco Guru
20 years, 10 trucks, pretty good average. still got most of it.

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
Picked mine up in '95 from my brother after 5 years of talking him into it. Sold it to me for $800. Now $12,000 in receipts later I am still asking myself why? Oh I remember.....'cause they're so cool!

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA

Deltarat, I bought my 68 on March 10, 1973 with 48,000 miles on it.
Best $1,800.00 I ever spent. To bad it did not stop there.

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
I got my first one at age 15 about 12 years ago. It is a 66 and was purchaced by my dad in 76 and then handed down to me. I've had the gas grill for about 5 years now and have had about 12 or so other ones in betweeen. Still got the first one though.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Bought my 76 the weekend before the Raiders-tampa bay superbowl (Black Sunday). Picked it up super bowl sunday. It was a former mud racer with a 351C. I've had my 70 since December and recently bought a 77.

I bought my first bronco in 92 (73 sport). Ever since then I've not been without a bronco.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I paid 2600 for my 1/2 cab with A/C, 2 sets of tires and 3 cases of oil in the back. I bought it from the wife. He was a river boat engine mechanic and on call 24/7. He was in Ill. working on an engine. He never came looking for me so I guess it was OK to sell it. I guess we are old when someone's grandparent's is not as old as ours.

BuckBronco76

Loc.
Louisiana
Had the 73 in the family since 73. It was bought new from the local dealership. 34 yrs. My 76 was bought in 83 since I was 15 so I have had it 24 yrs and I drive it as much possible. Probably ever other day. I will never sale. They are rare and one of a kind.