• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How Long Have You Owned Bronco

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
I bought my first on 2/15/1979 it is a '76 price $4600. It is currently going thru a frame off resto-mod. My second was bought off ebay a '75 5/15/2004 price $5500 (SOLD IT) My third one was bought in august of last year it is a '73 price $2300. It is currently being transformd into a sweet Trail Rig!

Gerry

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
About a month now. The Boss has been after me for a couple years to get one. I finally gave in and did it. Swapped my 76 FJ40 for it.

Last edited:

75dlydrvr

Loc.
Colorado
Had mine twenty years now, was my daily driver for about 18, until I started driving a company vehicle.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
34 years I bought mine in 73 with 13,000 miles on it. The years that their parents owned them before they got them don't count. Anybody want a shot at the title?

Dang, you beat me by 4 years. What do we have so far? 34, 30, 28. Somebody read these carefully and make a tally.

gtown68

Loc.
Georgetown, Texas
First one in '82, it was a stock 1970 model. Took it to Hawaii for four years, most of it on the beach. When I left in 1988 nothing was left but rush. I just left it there. :cry:
Second one in '95, 1975 (converted) halfcab w/351. Had too many toys and regretfully got rid of it a year later.:cry:
Third, and current one, I purchased about two months ago, 1966 halfcab (U14). A work in progress. As of today, auto, pwr brakes, disc front, new e brake system, pwr brake booster, pwr steering, a/c (not installed yet) 302 v-8, 33x12.5x15, and a few other odds and ends, some installed, some not. ;D ;D ;D

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
aww man! You suck! LOL. No fair changing rules in your favor! Just kidding man.

That is great that your family has had it in the family since it was new. Don't ever let it get away from you.My son can not wait to get mine. But he is willing to wait until I finish the $30,000 restoration. ........lol

alien74

Loc.
tampa fl.
long time

Well i had mine for 24 years. 1 roll over,numerous stucks, and one hell of a good time.

had mine for 22 years 1 roll over,a couple of pull overs,a couple of t-poles, numerous sticks, repairs and revisions, and plenty of good times

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
Umm...One year next month. It's been a sloooow build-up. Has since replaced all my other hobbies:
  • Mustangs
  • videogames (Sold PS2 and Xbox to fund transmission swap)
  • school (GPA is probably dropping from spending too much time on CB.com, also should be doing a take-home test right now...):-X
  • pretty much everything I did with my Heep...

;D

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Umm...One year next month. It's been a sloooow build-up. Has since replaced all my other hobbies:
  • Mustangs
  • videogames (Sold PS2 and Xbox to fund transmission swap)
  • school (GPA is probably dropping from spending too much time on CB.com, also should be doing a take-home test right now...):-X
  • pretty much everything I did with my Heep...

;D

Stevo, study hard and keep up the GPA. You are going to need a good job to keep up the bronco obsession.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
The 1980 bronco I bought in 1986 out of a junk yard gave 600.00 for it 387000 miles on it 300 cid 4 speed any want to buy it .....then the 1972 EB I got in about 2000 I drove it around the farm until I understood it then started rebuilding it ....fixed what needs to be fixed ......now I drive it around the farm .....And sometimes up and down the road ........
But after a hard days work it cool to make the drag in .......