• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How Long Have You Owned Bronco

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
My addiction started Oct. 1st 2005 at 1:10 pm EST That was 1 year 5 months and 26 days ago. But who counting? I have never driven the truck or even seen it run, I just took a few pictures and tore it apart. Maybe another year and 5 months and I MIGHT have it running. Not gonna hold my breath though.

NORK2BG

15 years stole it from my dad 5 years ago and never looked back He still love going on trails with me and his old bronco

75broncold

Loc.
Spring, Tx
As a kid I knew I had to have one. In 80 I bought a 72 that I drove to high school. In 84 I bought a new Bronco II that I drove to college and sold the 72 in 85. Big mistake. I sold the Bronco II in 88 when I finished college. What a happy day that was. In 91 I bought a 75 from the original owner with 85000 miles on it for $3000.00 . DD for a # of years and then my weekend hunting rig. Now my two sons age 6 and 11 are helping me rebuild it. So that is 23yrs.

broncofiresmith

I have owned mine about 16 years. Didn't drive it for the first 3 years during the redo. Ready for another.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Ive owned my 74 since 1990. Bought from the original owner with less that 40k on it. Its quite a different rig then it was back then;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
2004. Guy I bought it from was sellin for a friend. Turned out to have a 351 and an NP435 in it. I didn't know a pinion from a main crank, so i took em both out(engine smoked and 435 shifted too long). Lots of learning since then, thanks to you guys. Anyway, I only paid 1750 for it. Now, if i could only find the time to....

racebronco

Loc.
Jeffersonville, IN
My dad baught the one I have from a guy around 1970 (67 model) & gave it to me when I turned 16 in 94, it's been mine for 13 years & in the family for over 35 years.. the only part of the drivetrain still original is the D20 transfercase & the 9" housing in the rear..

mtnkraus

Loc.
Iowa
9 years now and on the second rebuild some day it will be just the way I want it............ tomorrow

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I got my first bronco in 1970 at the age of 8. My dad thought the new shiny truck he purchased was his, but it quickly became mine as soon as I had my permit. However, I was unable to convince him to completely part with it when I moved off to grad school so I had to go broncoless for a couple of years (too many). Finally picked up the 1971 I drive now in 1998 and have done a complete frame off and countless upgrades since then.

Lots of great bronco related family memories.

GrantMurray

Loc.
Austin, Texas

As a 3rd grader (1984) I saw the Bronco I have now for sale back off in a neighborhood in someones driveway. It had Colorado plates on it and a for sale sign in the window. I talked my dad into buying it for my 16th birthday come really early. I was a salesman even at the age of 9. We never met the owner because he'd bought another car here in Texas and left the Bronco for sale at his sister's house. I've dumped about 4 times what my dad paid for it into the old girl and she's a looker. I think the funniest time we ever had was when we 'ran out of gas' in the first week we had the Bronco. We were coming home from dinner afterdark and the bronco just quit. Dad switched the tanks on the dash and still nothing. So dad, mom, little brother and I hitched a ride home from some highschool guys in a camaro. There we were, the 4 of us riding in the back of this camaro. The car would bottom out and sparks would fly out the back. My brother and I thought that was great! The next day we figured out the fuel valve under the driver's seat of the Bronco. She's had a good life, stored inside always, 2 paint jobs, 1 motor. The only thing original in the drivetrain is the Dana44 and the 9" rear. You can see a picture of what she looked like in 1984 in my gallery.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I bought mine June of 1985, $1700.00.

I would be stupid to try and add up what I have spent since then, but it's been money well spent.

Froggy77

Loc.
Wild West Fairfax,Va
22 years going on the rest of my life.
Became only the second owner back in 1985.
First one owned and operated a service station.

Just wish I was going faster with my rebuild. But then isn't that the way these things go?

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I got my 66 the weekend of the Bristol spring race two years ago. I got my 71 yesterday, the Monday after the Bristol spring race. At this rate...

Mudbone

Loc.
North Augusta
Bought my 73 in 91, so about 16 years. Bought my 86 in 86, so about 21 years. Bought my 72 in 2000, so about 7 years. Bought my wife in 98, so about 9 years. I think that covers it.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I bought mine in the summer of '03. This is my second springtime driving it;D Leaving for my second Bronco get-together this Thursday. Wouldn't trade it for anything!

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Bought my 69 in Jan of '99.
Looking through the receipts, It appears that I'm the 3rd owner.
It was "born" in spokane and came over to the west side in the 80's

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
I ordered my 73 Ranger new from the dealer. Every mile and dent belong to me. Still have the book the salesman used when I ordered it, kinda neat shows all the standard and options with the 73 prices.
Steve