• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much does my 66 Bronco weigh?

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

I'm just curious, any idea how much my 66 Bronco weights?

It's got no hard top, 33inch tires, a 302, 5speed, and stock style bumpers.

Thanks,
Chris

Broncitis

MEB Founder
3800 is the listed weight with the top and doors. Deduct about 200 for the top and 150 for the doors. Add about 50 for the larger tires. Not sure on the 5 speed?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
NV3550 weighs about 97 lbs.

if i ever get down to san clemente in my bronco, i plan on putting it on a truck scale. i'll let you know what i find out.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Thanks Guys!

Ben, are there scales you can weigh your truck on? Are these public? Oh wait...I'll just google for the scales.

Thanks!
Chris-

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
Recycling centers or better known as scrap yards have scales and usually will help you out. My local one will weight you in and out...I took a piece of scrap metal in that weighed about 50 pounds to get the weight of my 69.

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
3800 is the listed weight with the top and doors. Deduct about 200 for the top and 150 for the doors. Add about 50 for the larger tires. Not sure on the 5 speed?

Don't forget to deduct for any rust. ;) That was at least 50lbs on my first 77. %)

Chris

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
4600lbs with no top or doors

I've often wondered about this, too - with an np435, roll bar, front & rear steel bumpers, rocker protection, winch and 35" meats... without the roof, I gotta be pushing around 4600 # too, I'd guess... wow, no wonder the stock 302 feels a bit strained at times!!!:p