• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to get the wifes permission for a 2nd Bronco

66bronco74

Loc.
Upland, CA
I had two before we met (Now 5). Also her dad/mom has one (That helps). I also take her to the Fab Ford Show every year. There she could see some great fixed up ones. There she saw Terry's beautiful 66 Roadster and it was an easy sell when I found a roadster for sale (Bronco #5)(But I'm a long way from it looking like Terry's).

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
That's how people end up with pink Broncos.:p

LOL ... YUP
mine keeps telling me she is tired of riding shotgun all the time !!

Add. after meeting a bunch of women EB owners and Drivers At the last gathering she wants her own rig !!!

I am now seriously looking for one before she goes out and gets her self an preferd cj5 !!! Noooo ;)

.... oh and yes ... its going to be most likely pink !!! thanks TITO !! ;)

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
why do you have to ask just get it. Unless your planning on spending 5-6K for one. I would just buy it and then let her know that you got one. do you have any kids? You could make it out to be for them when they are old enough to drive. Good Luck

70 sport WA

Contributor
I keep telling my wife that I want to get another truck or Bronco...even a beater for parts. She shakes her head and says something about how it's not a good idea for "another" vehicle.

A few days ago she says she would like a new camera, but that she's going to "save up" for it. I quickly replied that I'd do the same thing for another truck :)

She had nothing else to do but smile and slowly say, "OK". I've already got the cash and have enough extra after each paycheck, so it's a matter of semantics, I guess!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
You can get her one, that worked for me but she is going to want everything done to hers as you do to yours. I got three broncos including the wifes and it is tough keeping them all going. But when I buy stuff for mine I say "if it works good we can do it to yours too" or "I will put the old parts from mine on yours when I up grade" that has worked so far!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you're good, you can get HER to buy it FOR YOU!!!

If you are REALLY good, you can get her to buy TWO!!!!

If you are REALLY REALLY good, she will let you have time to work on them.

I'm not REALLY REALLY good though...

Mowillie

Loc.
Boerne, Tx
I've already got the cash and have enough extra after each paycheck, so it's a matter of semantics, I guess!

you had better getter that camera that shes been wanting...JK...mine wants a camera too.

here is what i think...if its just a build and a trail rig, then the canvas shouldnt brake the bank. there is one near atlanta for like $800. just come clean with her, spend as little as possible and get started. you cant tell her that your building it for her, because she wont want a rock crawler....so you may have to give her your current EB.?:?

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need to find someone on the site that I can buy one from with my secret money stash that will say it was free. I could even have someone post it under free stuff even though I pay them $2500 for the "Pain and Suffering" I caused them buy taking the Bronco away. That may be the only way I can swing one without sleeping in it for a month.

rockbronco66

Loc.
Carlsbad, N.M.
I asked mine if she wanted a jacuzzi or a gooseneck trailer for her birthday. She said we can"t afford a jacuzzi. I almost bought the trailer. It might work for a Bronco. (ps. or you could end up with a jacuzzi like the one I got instead of the trailer)

ElkhartBronco

Loc.
Cedar Bluff
My bronco has outlived 2 previous wives......... not saying that you should kick her to the curb, but broncos are a life long commitment :)

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just do what me and most other Bronco Brothers do, buy one part at a time until you have enough parts for 2-3 Broncos. It works EVERY time! ;D

KDML

Tell her it is a good deal and after fixing a few issues you will be able turn it over for a profit, but then keep it, because you really enjoy it.

You did not hear this from me

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
hey if you got kids or are planning on having them. the bronco would be a great family camping rig and if u have or will have a son you could pass it on to him when he gets older. definatly easier and safer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.