• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Don't care how much they cost, I'm down for 2. Great way to raise the needed funds and great way to show the project. Not to mention good looking hat.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Monte,

The hats look great! I am glad you had them made. I know I want 2 and my Mother wants 2 also. I guess we can pick them up at the roundup next weekend. Thank you all again so very much.

See ya'll soon,
Melissa ;D

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
yellowrouge said:
Don't care how much they cost, I'm down for 2. Great way to raise the needed funds and great way to show the project. Not to mention good looking hat.

Same here just sent you money by paypal. hats look great
Thanks Marty

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The OBB roller motor is almost completely finished as of today (puff..puff..pant..pant). I'll try and get a pic up soon. (had to make it pretty ;D )

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
bmc69 said:
The OBB roller motor is almost completely finished as of today (puff..puff..pant..pant). I'll try and get a pic up soon. (had to make it pretty ;D )

Thank you so much for all you have done and are doing. This motor is really going to make a huge difference in the OBB! I can't wait to see the pics. and I really can't wait to see the look on my Hubby's face when he opens the hood to find an awesome surprise inside! ;D

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
bmc69 said:
Good stuff. Thank you for your hard work. I know this has been kind of hectic and I appericate everyone sticking to their guns on what they said they would do. :cool: :cool:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
saryan said:
Good stuff. Thank you for your hard work. I know this has been kind of hectic and I appericate everyone sticking to their guns on what they said they would do. :cool: :cool:

Thanks.

The specs: Stock E6SE 5.0 HO baseline w/ stock H.O. roller cam. Stock forged flattops/ moly rings. Clevite 77 rod and main bearings on polished crank. TRW cam bearings. Brass freeze plugs. Melling oil pump. FelPro gaskets throughout, except for Ford Racing head gasket kit w/ head bolts. ARP oil pump shaft. Mallory Unilite distributor. Weiand intake (Thanks to ChrisinWV ;D ). Holley 4180 600 CFM carb, upgraded with off-road needle/seat kits and brass floats. Ford Motorsport aluminum valve covers. Cloyes True-Roller timing chain set. Timing cover changed to earlier style to mount mech fuel pump and water pump also early style with pass side inlet. Mustang rear-sump oil pan (with the 3.5" lift, this should be fine...no?)

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
The specs: Stock E6SE 5.0 HO baseline w/ stock H.O. roller cam. Stock forged flattops/ moly rings. Clevite 77 rod and main bearings on polished crank. TRW cam bearings. Brass freeze plugs. Melling oil pump. FelPro gaskets throughout, except for Ford Racing head gasket kit w/ head bolts. ARP oil pump shaft. Mallory Unilite distributor. Weiand intake (Thanks to ChrisinWV ). Holley 4180 600 CFM carb, upgraded with off-road needle/seat kits and brass floats. Ford Motorsport aluminum valve covers. Cloyes True-Roller timing chain set. Timing cover changed to earlier style to mount mech fuel pump and water pump also early style with pass side inlet. Mustang rear-sump oil pan (with the 3.5" lift, this should be fine...no?)

That sounds killer bill! Hope the intake cleaned up ok.
I bet that took a few Coronas :eek:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
Chris ;D

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
bmc69 said:
Thanks.

The specs: Stock E6SE 5.0 HO baseline w/ stock H.O. roller cam. Stock forged flattops/ moly rings. Clevite 77 rod and main bearings on polished crank. TRW cam bearings. Brass freeze plugs. Melling oil pump. FelPro gaskets throughout, except for Ford Racing head gasket kit w/ head bolts. ARP oil pump shaft. Mallory Unilite distributor. Weiand intake (Thanks to ChrisinWV ;D ). Holley 4180 600 CFM carb, upgraded with off-road needle/seat kits and brass floats. Ford Motorsport aluminum valve covers. Cloyes True-Roller timing chain set. Timing cover changed to earlier style to mount mech fuel pump and water pump also early style with pass side inlet. Mustang rear-sump oil pan (with the 3.5" lift, this should be fine...no?)
Thats awesome.....her husbands going to flip out!!! ;D

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
OBB Banner

It's going to be close on the banner guys. I dropped the ball and waited too late to order it. It would have been done today, but the Hurricane Panic slowed everything down. Hopefully it will still be done in time. I'll keep you psted and see everyone in acouple of days.

Stephen

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
texashcane said:
It's going to be close on the banner guys. I dropped the ball and waited too late to order it. It would have been done today, but the Hurricane Panic slowed everything down. Hopefully it will still be done in time. I'll keep you psted and see everyone in acouple of days.

Stephen

I am sure it will get done in time. see you this weekend! ;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Steve,

What do we have planned for the 9" BB? Is Danny still willing to rebuild it? Let me know. Talk to you soon. ;D I can't believe it is finally time for the OCBR! ;D