• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydro boost Comparison/Install prep

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I would love to do the stainless but am scared the preasure would blow the fittings off. I am not doubting you guys just concerned.

Call up PSC and talk to their tech - they sell the DIY hose stuff for very reasonable prices. I was skeptical as you, but when you start putting them together you realize how awesome is it. You use a chop saw or hack saw to cut the hose, reverse thread on a fitting (tight, hard to do my hand) and then you screw in a fitting into the first fitting and it makes a VERY tight fit - :eek:

Here is a LINK to their hose making stuff.
Click Me

I wouldn't do it any other way - these lines are serious beef.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Mine going on year 3 not a hint of a leak! Trust us on this!

NYLES what style hydro and master cylinder did you use? Also, did you move the assembly over a few inches? If so, why? Not that I'm bashing you, I'm trying to always learn new and interesting ideas. Thanks for your help.

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
I'm waiting to do this install as well. Bought a hydro out of a Mustang, but I froze at the line/fitting stage because I'm lost. Anyone remember part numbers/fitting sizes/etc? If I knew exactly what to buy, I could continue forward.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
NYLES what style hydro and master cylinder did you use? Also, did you move the assembly over a few inches? If so, why? Not that I'm bashing you, I'm trying to always learn new and interesting ideas. Thanks for your help.

Mine is a straight one from a Astro van using a Vette master cly because Im running 4 wheel disc's, I was installing a glass tub on mine so I put it over the fender and fab'ed up my own braket, Just alot easier to get to things with it over there outa the way. You can do the same thing using the clutch petal placement as long as your running a auto trans(madgyver has a article on that).

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
can't use the stock astro hoses?

Not if you cut them when you remove the unit! ;D

I believe the fittings are different on the ends NOT connected to the hydro unit and length could be an issue.

I am liking the kit to make them yourself.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
New pressure hose from pump to booster was 26 my cost from NAPA