• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I hate that a man's word means nothing anymore...

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
Sorry to call you out Bro, but does the same apply if you buy something and dont show up or make arrangements to get it after you say you cant make it? I had a radiator listed and you Pm'd me TWICE and we agreed on the same price TWICE. The first time you never made arrangements to get it. The second time you said you were coming up that weekend, a few days later you said something came up, but now I havent heard from you.

Turn about is fair play, as they say.

It's all good though Bro, seriously.

WOW.

294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
yea ya'll are right...money talks for sure. if there was any way i could have gotten out there to get the tires from Fri-Sat i would have.... but i'll miss out on a set of tires any day rather than miss a camping trip w/ my wife.

i guess i just hate the fact that you can't trust anyone anymore makes it hard for the honest guy sometimes.

It works both ways....whos the honest one? The guy selling talks to the guy with cash. The guy buying has to talk with cash. The guy selling wants the sure thing/cash. The guy buying takes his sweet time cause hes has "more important things to do"

I would have sold them also. Seems the tires were not "that" important at the moment to you. Selling was important at the moment to the seller.
You lose.
Quit crying.
Money talks, BS walks.

Last edited:

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
It works both ways....whos the honest one? The guy selling talks to the guy with cash. The guy buying has to talk with cash. The guy selling wants the sure thing/cash. The guy buying takes his sweet time cause hes has "more important things to do"

I would have sold them also. Seems the tires were not "that" important at the moment to you. Selling was important at the moment to the seller.
You lose.
Quit crying.
Money talks, BS walks.

I don't get your analogies. From what I get here, your need to collect cash always will come before keeping your promises. Which is why I will never do business with you;)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I don't get your analogies. From what I get here, your need to collect cash always will come before keeping your promises. Which is why I will never do business with you;)

Thats ok.

Old saying...In God we trust, All others pay cash.

In the context of the post, nothing was ever promised. The fellow did the right thing by having the "buyer" call first, saving him the trip.

Last edited:

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I would do it differently I guess. If I couldn't get there right away I'd call a friend and send him to pick up the tires for me. The usual fee for tire pick-up is a 6 pack. Maybe a 12 pack since they are 35's.

Last edited:

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I used to hold stuff for people, but Craigslist cured me of that. Now, I'm very upfront..."call me first before you head out, it's first come, first served". No room for confusion there.

I have to agree with the Craigslist. It brings out all kinds of nut cases. I'm trying to sell of some of my "hoarded" parts as my wife calls them. I prefer parts collection%) . I list them on the BB's and as a last resort Craigs. I've met some really nice people, but there are a lot of bottom feeders that come out.

I work night shift and had a drunk call me relentlessly all night long and ask the same questions about a part. I get home and had 15 Emails from him asking the same thing I just answered on the phone, no crap, from the guy. Finally had to send him a cease and desist mail. There was noway I was letting that nut know where I live.

Back to the topic of Boggers, try giving Galloway's 4x4 Center in New London, NC a call, 704-463-1072. They buy, sell, and trade Swampers like no one else. I've not found a place to beat their prices on Swampers, especially if you have tires to trade in.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Cash is King!!

Until someone shows up with cash, then and only then, are the items no longer for sale. I have had several instances were someone will tell me to save an item for them and they never show up. While during that time I had to reject alot of other folks.

Sorry, but Cash is king!!

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Until someone shows up with cash, then and only then, are the items no longer for sale. I have had several instances were someone will tell me to save an item for them and they never show up. While during that time I had to reject alot of other folks.

Sorry, but Cash is king!!

We all agree that cash is king. We all agree that it's dumb to turn down offers while we wait on someone who may or may not do as they said. What is in dispute is whether it is appropriate to go back on your word once given, and sell to anyone with cash.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
it's sad that the days of "a mans word is his bond" are long gone. I still hold by it though!

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
When i was buying my bronco that was 2hrs away, i had gave the guy a check to hold of 100. to show my intrest and he still almost sold it. all we can do it make sure our word is good that way we can change how people people see us and want to change too.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
When I sold my airplane in 2006, I sold it twice to deadbeat buyers. The third listing finally was successful.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I have stuff on craigs list all the time, and I list stuff for friends also.
I belive that they let the people in the nuthouse get on to CL and then let them call
I do not hold anything anymore, without a paypal deposit
and I tell all buyers this.
I guess I'm a throwback to a simpler time, when I give my word I will do everything, and I mean everything to keep it.
the good old ways are gone, it's a shame.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Man I had a deal many years ago almost like that ..I called this guy about a caddy lac for my EX ..Yes he has it..We make a deal I'll go get it on Friday i'll bring my 1 ton and trailer ...I was going to have to fix the motor ...Friday I call him say you still got my car ....YES.... Ok I'm headed your way I'll be there in about 3 hours ...Don't worry about the rain I'll drive thru it ...I get there after driving in a nasty hard rain pull into his shop ...See the car driving out the gate on another trailer ..I say but I called and ask ...the old jackass shrouged his shoulders an say ...he got here before you did...I looked that guy over real good and come to the conclusion he's a lot bigger and he doesn't look like his has much to loose in a fight ...So I moved on I was so mad....But I may have never wanted to wade in on someone as bad...

75Denver

If it means anything, I bought my Denver over the phone on a "man's word", and that was from three states away. I promised to send the original owner a check as soon as I saw some detailed photos. I wouldn't have done this with anyone but him since he proved himself as an honest older gentleman. Fast-forward two years from that purchase, a '94 Toyota pickup was listed for $5000, 48k original miles, brand new tires, camper, etc. The guy was 45 mins away. I asked if I could come see it immediately before work, cash in hand. He couldn't show it since he was dropping it off at the detail shop since he just listed it and pulled it out of his deceased father's garage. After describing the condition of the vehicle, I told him I would take it sight unseen and that I'll be there after work to buy it. He agreed, I pulled the cash out of the bank, went to work, and drove down directly after clocking out. As I was 10 mins away, I called him to confirm my arrival only to find out that he sold it one of the detail shop workers. Apparently the worker was so impressed with the truck he decided to secure it with his paycheck. The owner didn't even say sorry but rather, "better luck next time." What a guy?!? That being said, I agree and disagree with this thread. If the seller agrees to trust the buyer on the purchase whether through a hand shake, phone call, or simple email than that should stand true. If the buyer agrees to purchase and does not mean what he/she says, than that person needs to contact the buyer within that same day and remove their offer. So, if you don't plan on living up to your word, keep your mouth shut. It'll save a lot of time and frustration.