• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I (was) getting very angry. c6 is installed.

Louie

Bronco Guru
That sux. X10...get away from that shop. You might just have to cut your losses & be done with them.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I have heard that an aod can be built to withstand a lot of power, lots of dragracers run them. They are weak as hell stock, but can really be built. I agree with all the previous post's, this guy must not know what he's doing. Good luck, I would look for another shop.

Itsa67

Bax, time to find another shop and talk to your credit card company about how to get your money back

I think Josh summed it up pretty well. I'm really sorry this stuff seams to keep happening. Hopefully it is a miscommunication but I am starting to think that this particular transmission shop should be crossed off your list for good.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have my fingers crossed for you.

I got to meet Bax, and drive his awesome bronco. He is a cool in person as he sounds on the board, so this whole transmission fiasco just aint fair.

It is too bad I know a guy who builds awsome transmisions but he only does E40D and 4R100 Transmissions

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have my fingers crossed for you.
He is a cool in person as he sounds on the board, so this whole transmission fiasco just aint fair.

Could not agree more. One of the best I have met. As I said Bax, If you need help just hollar!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I say we get a Bronco Posse together and go give someone a whoopin! Bax, that sucks, I remember when you broke it and said the builder did good by you and would stand buy it, sorry to here that he ain't holding up his end of the bargain! Build it once, not twice and certainly not 3 times!!!!

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
I feel your pain,I have a very simluar situation;I had a C4 built with all the goodies(wide ratio 1st&2nd,rollreized,bla bla bla) 8 or so weeks later I recieved it,put it in and what a peace of crap,#1 no gears at all,after reving it up it would go into drive then all the gears would come & go as they pleased, after calling the builder he suggested some "testing with vacum gauge & pressure gauge,ok so testing was in progress and in the middle of second gear it hit nuetral and the engine hit rpm's olny reserved for humming birds and model airplane engines, now I have a tick/knock in my 427 stroker. so the builder sends me out a valve body and now it shifts(not crisp) and my torque converter I wanted with stall slightly above stock is auctally LOWER then stock.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Bax ... get your money back and give the builder a free tube of KY Jelly so he won't have too much trouble when you tell him where to put "HIS" transmission ;)

Then take your hard earned cash and buy a round trip ticket to St.Louis for next weekend and I will have my people pick you up at the airport and bring you to HoWiEpAlOoZa and we can talk about some better ideas for a tranny to fit behind that 400 .

By the way ... you know they put C4's behind that engine combo in a 1974 Torino ... I know because I'm running a torque converter from one right now :eek:

Whadaya say Bax ... a hog roast and some beverages should help you forget about that crappy shop ;)

howiebilt

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
I was sales manager at an Aamco transmissions a few years back. We dealt with everything from stock to wild. When a trans failed we ate the whole bill every time. There were no questions ... ever. If we build it and you pay, then you are entitled to either a perfectly working version of that trans or another if you choose to go C6 at no additional cost.

I cannot imagine looking a customer in the face while telling them they should pay for my builders mistake. Find out which way you have to go to get your money back and find another shop. The difference between transmission shops isnt the name of the trans shop or any of that other nonsense. It is the builder...the acutal guy standing there putting it together. We went through a few builders in my time there...the first one was horrible. The last one was one of the best I had ever seen. Hopefully you can find a shop with someone like that working there.

GL Bax.

Anthony

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I do not think the 400 is breaking the transmissions. I was very easy on the 2nd one and it went away fast. I think something is wrong inside the trans like a bent shaft or something like that. Or he just sucks at AOD's. No credit card involved here. I got another Email from them today. Not really any satisfaction as yet. I am sure this will be a face to face with the owner. Oh how I enjoy fighting with someone I have known for 25 years. yes when this is over I will need to find another transmission place. but for know I am married to this until we can come to a legal separation. Yes I will miss the overdrive but if this all blows up I may try a 4r70w. I really have no clue what is going to happen.

Mad Bax

rednck21

i gotta agree with everyone else, bax. dont put up with that crap:mad: ..

after all the customer is always right;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Did you try Consolidated to rebuild your OD? Or check with a few of the local race shops. Maxie's 1320 in Taft? Just some thoughts.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Did you try Consolidated to rebuild your OD? Or check with a few of the local race shops. Maxie's 1320 in Taft? Just some thoughts.

Is maxie still around? I used to race against him at the drag strip in the 80's

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I just hijacked my own thread?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I'd sure find out what your legal options are, I'm thinking fraud or maybe they're just plain a bad business, and I'd sure let the owner know that after 3k+/- your definitely NOT happy. Freind or not this is a business deal. If he was a freind he would have hooked you up to begin with. I'd sure find out if any of his customers have had to pay extra for their screw ups.

Hope this works out. I'd also vote for a 4R70W from a different shop, or buy the manual and tools and learn to build your own tranny's, you may need to build it again....

instigator

maxie sold his shop in taft, however i have heard that he a shop on east lake toho near the fishcamps.[st. cloud]

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Hey bax, maybe a manual will suit you....

bill got one behind his 400....