• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance Hagerty

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
My bronco is ready to go back on the road so I called Hagerty today. They asked if I had bigger tires than stock. I asked if I put a roll cage in it would it void my insurance. They asked if it would go off road. I told them sure it would, it's a bronco and I would be going to bronco meets and some trial riding but no serious rock crawling. They came back and said they would not insure my truck if it was going off road. I asked them what did they consider off road. Off the pavement.
Anybody that has Hagerty my want to check and see if their policy is valid. No big tires, roll cage or off roading.
I am going to try Grundy tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I had Hagerty for awhile, through All State. My agent was pushing me forever to go with it and when I finally bit on it, they didn't want to insure it because they saw the 33's and cage. After the agent fought with them, telling them he tried to sell me this insurance for so long only to have them turn me down, that he would stop pushing their coverage. As I said, I only had it for awhile but later dropped it.

OP
OP
D

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I had them for a few years through Allstate also. It ran out in Jan. and I just decided to renew it today. They said we had to start over and that's when the questions started.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Buddy in town had hagerty. His son burned down his bronco, which he had insured for 18k, and they paid every red cent, no questions asked.

Gitup73

Loc.
Northeast Ohio
Can someone enlighten me, what is Hagerty?
I never thought about it till now, but deltarat makes a good point about insurance. I have put a lot of time and money into my rig, just like everyone else, and now I will have a problem insuring it? That sucks. I will not be doing any off-roading, will strictly be a streety. Does that make a difference or just because I have a roll cage and 33's I'm screwed?

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Buddy in town had hagerty. His son burned down his bronco, which he had insured for 18k, and they paid every red cent, no questions asked.

I tried Hagerty, Grundy and JC Taylor, all turned me down. I sent pics with the roll cage, even talked to a Grundy guy at Carlisle last year and asked him to look at the fiberglass one at the show, he declined. I said I would sign something saying it would not go off road because I have too much invested in it and have another one for that, still no.

I currently have all but collision coverage thru my regular policy with Travelers on both broncos. But if either one gets wrecked I will not get a dime if its my fault or the other guy doesn't have insurance.

I'm interested in what others come up with.

mark becker

Loc.
MI
I have Hagerty with 36" tires, I sent them pics and answered all questions I had no problems actually really impressed with them. This was just last week.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I have Hagerty with 36" tires, I sent them pics and answered all questions I had no problems actually really impressed with them. This was just last week.

Same here, i live 20 miles from their home office, and drive by it almost every day, i have 31" tires, no top, glass tub, roll cage. All i did was take pics of the truck, and engine, told them it would never go off road (which it doesn't). I also told them the cage was to have the ability to add 3 point seat belts (also not a lie) and they had no problem insuring it. The only questionable part was when i said i wanted to drive it to a friends wedding or something and they didn't like the thought of it being "unattended in the parking lot".

No problems otherwise, and I also take it to the Hagerty Cruise in and car show every summer.

Maybe they just like us from Michigan....

OX1

Bronco Guru
I'm more curious if they will insure it with soft doors/inserts.
I called hagerty, which I already have a policy with
on a 79 bronc and they seemed hesitant to do
the door inserts (unless it was from the factory)

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
I have had Hagerty for 3 years, and did everything over the phone, no pics needed. Insured it for $20K. $200 a year. I told them I take the kids to and from school in it too.

Last edited:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
call state farm. I have both trucks insured with them. They allowed me to get full coverage (liabilty, comprehensive, collision) at my stated value. I have the max coverage on both trucks. they didn't care that they are both highly modified or that they may go off road some. I do have a mileage restriction of about 5,000 per year. All this and I live within the city limits of Atlanta where all the drivers are idiots.

BCH BRCO

I've had Haggert for 3+ years also. I sent them photos of the EB when I applied for the insurance through an insurance agent friend. Only restriction I have is limited to 2000 miles a year which isn't a problem for me. Last year they sent me a letter at renewal time and suggested insuring it for $2000 more than I paid for it.....which I gladly did!

Beach Bronco

OP
OP
D

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I had Hagerty for a couple of years through my Allstate agent and they never asked any questions about off road,tires or cage. I sent them a picture too. They didn't have any problems then. I saw roll cage on their list of disqualifications and asked about it. That is when they said they could not insure it. I told them I was having a new grand baby soon and I wanted a cage for safety. They said NO off roading and that meant off the pavement.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I've got Hagerty. Had to send pics - it's got 36s and a cage. Their concern was where I keep it at night - they had to have pics of it sitting in my garage. They won't cover trail damage, but I'm more concerned with theft or a wreck on the street than what I might do to it on a trail. No mileage limits.

71_blue

Was turned down by Hagerty as they wanted to know the other cars we owned. The Bronco is the newest so they claimed thay would not insure a "Collection". AAA covered it.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
State Farm here , sight unseen , asked a few questions about general condition which would effect its value. They insured it no problems , called back a few days later and said they had made a mistake and that the suggested value of it was a lot more than what they had told me while I was in the office.
I forget the amounts , but it was alot more than I think it was worth.

I've been with them since I was 16 (1986) and have had no problems with them. Paid out real well when a tree fell on the wifes car and totaled it a few years back.