• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Legend Lime Bronco

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I didn't like the legend lime. However, having seen it on your bronco with the wimbleton white, I really like how that looks. You've done an excellent job and the the color choice came out outstanding.

John

Thanks, I'm really pleased with it. I get alot of satisfaction doing it all myself. I was told that I could not repair my passenger side rear quarter panel and that it would have to be replaced. I repaired it just to prove that it could be done. I cut it off with a grinding wheel and repaired the damage, removed the rust and put it back on. I also made new front door posts, and fixed rust spots in the floor, inner fenders and inner rockers. My miller mig welder is one of the best investments I have ever made. Thanks again for the compliment.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I just used the HP photosmart software I have on my computer. I don't have photshop. The program I use is a PITA it takes forever to resize the pics. I have to resize by image size but I have to cut it back to 410 pixel width or the file size is two large. My files are starting at about 2.5 megs so getting them down to 250kb is a major reduction. Any advice on a better way to do this without spending $1000 on photoshop? As for my paint gun, I used one gun for primer, paint and clear. The bumper looks good from afar but far from good. Painting it green was a little bit of an after thought so all of the welds and grinding marks show through. It is however a bumper so it will have to do. It also looks alot better than it did when it was flat black.

You can get the photoshop elements programs for under 50. Has a lot of the cool elements of photoshop but without the pricetag!!!

You should have a way to reduce the quality or resolution as well, that way you can resize them. Feel free to email them to me and I can do it for you, just send me the originals, I'd like to get a better pic, I think it turned out very classy and it gives me some ideas. admin at nwbroncos.com

Heus33

Bronco Guru
irfanview is a free program that will resize your photos and works really well. You can download it at download.com

Oh - it looks great by the way - PLEASE keep the hood all white!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Looks nice! I was afraid to try a two-tone scheme on mine but yours definitely worked.

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
That looks great. I really like the lime. I have been thinking about the two tone as well but I was thinking of doing the hard top the same color as the bottom. Be sure and get some pictures up when you get the top on.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
The color combo is very sweet. Congrats! ITs going to look great. Keep us updated.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
Most of the Cameras these days have a adjustment that saves the picture in a small format, This setting automatically sizes them for emails and such and makes them expandable.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Did some more on the bronco this afternoon. I got my top sanded and ready for a fresh coat of wimbildon white. I also wet sanded out a few small runs in the clear coat. I am going to paint the top and repaint the grill on saturday and when I clear coat them I am also going to put another coat of clear on the rest of the Bronco. After all of that, I am going to put in my bedliner and start reassebling it all. When I get to the trim it all has to be polished before it can go back on and some of it has to be replaced. All it takes is alot of time and alot of money.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I am in love with that color! My wife wants a blue, or bluish Grey, but I been liking the greens more and more. The original color of my tub was Holly Green I believe, and I've been falling in love with it lately (to bad the wife most likely will get her way). That green you picked there is great! LOVE IT!

Shawn

<----- trippy (666)

Ratch

Contributor
Very nice, I like the way you put the seam at the trim line, very modern.
Have you thought of painting the center of the grille green? Also, hide the seam with pinstripe, either paint on or stick on.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Here are some bigger pics

Attachments

• nn 019.jpg
    nn 019.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 55
  • nn 020.jpg
    nn 020.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 63
  • nn 030.jpg
    nn 030.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 40
  • nn 031.jpg
    nn 031.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 61
  • nn 032.jpg
    nn 032.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 49
  • nn 033.jpg
    nn 033.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Yep, I like how you left the grill white.

Yea, the grill actually held this project up for a while! I have been going back and forth on how paint that part of the truck. I think I made the right choice. Its currently 40 degrees out and its supposed to get up to the mid 60's this afternoon. If it does, I'm going to get the top painted and get another coat of clear on the rest of it. It has come out pretty well but I have a lot of time in the paint and body and I'm ready to be done with that aspect so I can get it reassembled and move on to other area's of the truck that need attention. I'll get more pics posted when the top is painted and installed. and when I get the bedliner in.

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
I was searching for some legend lime EB pics today, and I stumbled across your's.

Very nice! I really like the combination, excellent work and choices.;D