• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless Fuse Block Number Legend

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what the numbers on a Painless 28-circuit fuse block represent? I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere in the manual.

Thanks,

Jeff

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I asked painless this.

They don't know.... Only information is in directions under installation. Even then you have to chase the wires around.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey 73azbronco,

That sure seems like critical information to provide.

I wish they had email address or forum. Not really too excited about calling. Earlier this week I was instructed to use the same wires dedicated for the ammeter to wire the voltmeter.

Jeff

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It was odd talking I mean emailing their tech. He said, great idea maybe we should include a number system sheet. That was 10 years ago.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey 73azbronco,

That sure seems like critical information to provide.

I wish they had email address or forum. Not really too excited about calling. Earlier this week I was instructed to use the same wires dedicated for the ammeter to wire the voltmeter.

Jeff
Try @eric0o1 on this forum - he works at Painless.

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Try @eric0o1 on this forum - he works at Painless.
Eric is actually a civilian now.
Or at least was the last time I checked.
Left Painless at some point last year I believe. I mentioned it in another thread but it’s been awhile.
You still might message him, and I presume he still gets his notifications.
He’s certainly still an expert on the harness, but we can’t bug him about official Painless matters anymore. 😩

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Eric is actually a civilian now.
Or at least was the last time I checked.
Left Painless at some point last year I believe. I mentioned it in another thread but it’s been awhile.
You still might message him, and I presume he still gets his notifications.
He’s certainly still an expert on the harness, but we can’t bug him about official Painless matters anymore. 😩
Thanks for that info, Paul. I didn't know!

Todd Z.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Jeff10, can you post a picture of Painless fuse block?

I suspect they are the manufactures circuit identifications, something like this:

2023-08-14_101828.jpg

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

@Oldtimer - The numbering on the panel that is installed is very similar (if not the same) as the picture you showed. It makes sense that the circuits would match the original schematic. The ones that I question are the spare circuits and how they are numbered.

@Toddz and Paul - I reached out to Eric. His last seen date was the end of March. Not sure I'll hear anything back, particularly being that he isn't with Painless any longer.

@MarsChariot - My main interest was the spare circuits and how they related to the numbers on the fuse block. Other numbers would be good to have on hand in the event of a blown fuse.

I'm attaching a pic for reference.

Thanks,

Jeff

20230812_153302 1920 x 1080 res.jpg

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes by trial and error you can go page by page to determine what fuse does what. Very odd they don't have a one page numbered circuit sheet.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

Well.... a couple of things.

Eric wrote back and said he went back to Painless in April, so no problem with my PM.

Most importanly, he explained that the fuse block schematic on page 10 (screen shot below) represents the actual circuit layout relative to the fuse block. I discounted that because of use of the fuse block graphic on other figures where everything was shown at the bottom of the fuse block leading out. It makes sense what they did... it would just be good to have that reference somewhere. (Maybe they do have it noted somewhere in the manual and I just missed it.)

I appreciate all the advice.

Jeff

Painless Fuse Block Schematic 081523.JPG

eric0o1

the harness should have also come with a fuse label showing fuse designation
FUSE LABEL.png

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Eric,

That's great!

Thanks.

(I don't know what the shop that installed the harness may have done with that label.

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Eric,

That's awesome. Thanks for going out of your way to do that. I'll send the message shortly.

Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Eric, thanks for popping back in with yet more good info!
Good to see you any time, no matter what you're doing. Or where you're doing it.

Paul

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
the harness should have also come with a fuse label showing fuse designation
FUSE LABEL.png
Does this legend fit inside the fuse block cover?? a laminated legend that fits inside the cover is a huge plus for you or anyone else for troubleshooting purposes,,

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, it should be a “sticky” as we like to say.
In this case, literally! 😉