• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Little help with tail light housing alignment

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
Is the taillight supposed to line up and be square with the tailgate or have a little angle to it?

19c5c4c4a65020fd69637b04feb44658.jpg

My passenger side has a slight angle to it.

c313eb4e001ad42d42b3df50e41e36c2.jpg

My driver side is square with the tailgate

If the are square, what do I need to take loose to rotate it a bit to get it in line.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Your passengers side most likely has a little sag as it looks like it was equipped with a factory tire carrier. They do over the years cause the passengers side to sag. It isn't just the taillight housing. It is the tailgate support and quarter panel as well. Some have used a come along or porta power to pull them back in, others just let it ride.

OP
OP
Mattco

Mattco

Loc.
Dothan, AL
I have the rear lower quarter out right now and just wanted to get it aligned if I needed to before lining up my quarter.

Out of curiosity, would it hurt anything to drill a 3/4" hole in my floor pan crossmember to get to the bottom of the seat bolts? One of the bolts broke loose and off and I can't get the box out to fix it and I want to start putting panels back on

broncorick

Or the way they put these things together in the 60's was ...well less than exact. COuld be factory correct