• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looky What I Found Today

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
What is wrong in this picture? (Hint: It is not the wire tie I used to keep the float from flopping around as I handle it.)

I had a small leak on the main tank sender unit and pulled it. Glad I had to remove it, otherwise I might not have seen this for a long time. It must have happened sometime after I installed it a couple of years ago. I don't recall ever hearing about one falling off before What's in your…tank?

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 299

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Actually that subject has come up a couple of times just in the last couple of weeks. And quite a bit over time. Usually on really old and decrepit models, but apparently also on nice new and shiny ones too!;D

Paul

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Yes, I was surprised that the sock can even come off. This was a new shiny part, too. And it was not there as I pulled the sender out. It does not inspire confidence knowing that the sock can part company with its pickup tube on its own. I put the old part back on.