• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

man,i HATE freakin theaves!! RANT

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
sigh,i can't belive someone would steal my project..i had pushed it out yesterday before i went to work,since i was planing on giving the engine bay a good washing ,etc when i got off from work..went out to the shop yesterday eve,and it was GONE! someone stole it! i mean it was like it was never there..no drag marks,etc..now granted it looked like crap,but it was mine,and i had plans for it..it just ticks me off..i guess having it out in the country where no one is around does not help any...it's a bummer

guess i'll be posting up a really good deal here soon on a complete late model 302efi with 435 trans and np 205 all bolted up guess i can't use it now:mad:

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
might want to give a general location and description and the guys on here will keep an eye out for it

irwin

Loc.
redding
That sucks!!!!!!!!!! you can't be to careful after reading about the reg vin plate switch that peole do for smog bla bla bla i realized it was much to easy to still are bronco's hell when i was younger if my dad wouldn't let use his bronco i grabbed a wire and a screw driver and i was rollin

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
hey there,i'm located in Beaumont,Texas 77706 which is about 90 miles east of Houston. the bronco was blue with a white top,two front white stock seats,no hood,no motor,stock dana 30 front 9" rear,old stock wheels on it,since i was buying some welds..i know it sounds like not much,and it was not,but i was hoping to build it up..i don't have pic's,just bought it a week ago.,.and yeah,glovebox was in it with tag..

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
hey there,i'm located in Beaumont,Texas 77706 which is about 90 miles east of Houston. the bronco was blue with a white top,two front white stock seats,no hood,no motor,stock dana 30 front 9" rear,old stock wheels on it,since i was buying some welds..i know it sounds like not much,and it was not,but i was hoping to build it up..i don't have pic's,just bought it a week ago.,.and yeah,glovebox was in it with tag..

That really sucks, I'll keep my eyes open up here in the Dallas area. I check craigslist several times a week, so if anything like that pops up there, I'll PM you. You may want to start doing a daily search on all the craigslists with a hundred mile or so of you just in case.

Good luck.
Glenn

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Ricky, I'm sorry to hear of this happening. I know just how you're feeling right now. Rather than giving up, may I suggest going on the attack. Talk to everyone you meet. Offer up a reward for information. Someone may have seen it going down the road. It's possible it may not have gone far.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Ricky, I'm sorry to hear of this happening. I know just how you're feeling right now. Rather than giving up, may I suggest going on the attack. Talk to everyone you meet. Offer up a reward for information. Someone may have seen it going down the road. It's possible it may not have gone far.

Agreed.
I'm in the Houston area and will keep eyes open in local greensheet and craigs list.
But as SeaBiscuit mentioned... I don't think it went far. You're in a pretty rural area. Post rewards in all the Kragens and O'Reillys. These asshats are probably planning on turning it into a deer lease/mud beater that will never be registered.

This may sound goofy but...
I'd look at some of the most recent satellite images of my surrounding area to look for hidden farms. I know the images are months to years old, but there are properties around my neighborhood I had no idea were there.

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
i'm going to post some letters at the auto zone and o reileys here in town..i have not reported it yet,since i had to come into work so early this morning,i have the title,so i'll call the cops when i get off..like mentioned,i bet someone is going to use it for a hunting vehicle..

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I agree that it probably is close. Someone knew you had it and may have been watching for their chance. Right now its in a garage or back property Barn, covered with a tarp. Keep on the look out. Im sure the local law has some ideas who might do this (that is if the local law is not just filing a report and moving on to the next call.) If you do locate it, please call the Police to respond before you act, dont want to get shot going on anothers property. Just my 2 Cents.

WILDMARE76

Loc.
SAN ANTONIO,TX.
Ricky Your discription scared me for a minute. I purchased a 72 Blue with white top from the Sugarland area and towed it to San Antonio. Different
truck it has a Engine and a hood and the PO provided a title. I trailered
it home Friday 06/15 Sorry for your loss.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
You can also keep an eye out on the other websites/forums in case they decide to part it out. Or maybe someone close by is building a buggy or crawler and needed the frame, and drivetrain.I would say someone close by that had line of site on it tipped off the thieves. It obviuosly wasn't one of those just happened to be in the hood driving by type of theft. Someone with a trailer, chains come along type of accessories. Someone with experience hauling vehicles on a trailer. Could be a bunch of Nigerians (just kidding) I had two bullterriers stolen one time and I went on a hunt, and eventually got both of them back after two months. I don't know if any of the parts dealers would alert you if someone new started buying certain parts that had an address near where you live, but I would ask them.

Newby

Loc.
Thorndale
I'm up in Huntsville. I-45 comes right through and we have a very popular mud park in town. Doubtful it came up this way, but if it did, it won't get through town without me seeing it. I'll keep on the lookout.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear that Ricky.

I'll also keep an eye out in the DFW area.

Send me some pics of it, and I'll put a notice on the LEBC list, there's a lot of folks in the greater Houston area to also keep an eye out for it.

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
You don't have a wife or someone that may be doing a "Foose-job" on you, do you?

haha,nope,that would have been nice though..i never did take a pic of it yet,i only got it a week ago,basically got two for the price of one,this one was going to be my long term project..anyway,i am going to get one next week in Abaline..so,i am feeling better now..rest assured,this one is staying inside with the other!!

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I'll give a $250 reward to anyone with info leading to recovery of this vehicle. I know it's not much money, but it's a start -- I hate a freakin' thief more than anything. If you have info, let me know! We need to all work together to stop this sh%%t. :mad: