• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - Steering Wheels from Tom's Bronco Parts

Bucmaster

I was feeling pretty bad for bringing this up, but I got to thinking, it's better to know before than to have the headache of sending them back if you don't like em. I for one am keeping mine.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Don't feel bad at all. You definitely should have brought it up. No one, most of all Tom's wants people to get something they aren't expecting and have to hassle with returns.

70bronco

Loc.
Kingsburg, CA
Adding the Toms- Parts to the wheel is tacky. I can't imagine someone buying the wheel just because it says that but I could see someone NOT wanting it for that reason. Someone at Tom's made a bad call by adding that to the wheel.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
My wheel is bronco only. I too am glad I got mine before they decided to put their name on it.

bad move :p

vap13

I was definately going to get one but now I would rather pay the extra money and not have it say Tom's on the wheel.

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
OK it is offical I just got my wheel and they do say TOMS PARTS on them!!!! CRAP!!!! Other than that the wheel is really nice and even has a nice leather smell to it. The good thing is that it only took a little over 24 hours to get it--so if i decide to ship it back it wont take that long. It really doesnt look as bad as I thought that it would but Id be a lot happier if it didnt talk about a guy name TOM and his ""PARTS"" :eek: :eek: I have to think on if Im going to keep this wheel or not.

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
Mnkybiz--I got the silver one. I dont have a digital camera so I cant take any photos--but mine looks just like the silver one on page 2 of this thread. The toms parts is not nearly as noticeable once you actually see the wheel.(compared to in the photo) I just went and held it up in my bronco, and it actually fits inside of the stock school bus looking wheel that i have now. It really does look good in there but Im not sure if i can get past the writing.

By the way thanks to all who put in the work to set up this buy!!!! ;D ;D

vap13

MnkyBiz
No, I wish I new where to get them without the Tom's parts on it. I'm just saying I would rather pay the extra without the advertising. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning because its only Bronco customers who buy from him anyway.

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
i would have to say that most likely the toms bronco parts is just branding, and about only people with broncos buy from them, yeah mostly, also they dont need the name because if you had a buddy with a bronco and saw your wheel and said nice wheel where did you get it, you could easily say toms, but afterall it is up to toms to decide what to do with their products, this is basically what we call a "business risk" they tried something and are now loosing sales because of it, most likely if they saw this thread or just got enough feedback about the wheel, they will probably change it, so if you really want it without the toms parts just make sure they know how you feel, ok now im rambling ill stop now (notice i like to do that a lot)

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Got my red one today. No Toms Parts just Bronco on mine.

The instructions SUCK! The three bolts that hold the collar don't fit through the holes and I had to drill them out.

Anyone else have problems installing it?

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
chris said:

The instructions SUCK! The three bolts that hold the collar don't fit through the holes and I had to drill them out.

Anyone else have problems installing it?

See page 1, post #4 Same problem.
My red one had just Bronco engraved on it, although I ordered it a week before the mass buy.
Edge

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I was notified mine is sittin on the bench at a friends place in WA awaiting for him to drive up to Canada and ship from there.

I asked but dont know if mine says bronco only (CROSSING FINGERS!!) or all the crap. He just said yeah they look great!

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Well, I guess my search for the perfect wheel continues :( I am sure that there is another one for me out there. I feel stupid waiting all this time for the mass buy only to be dissapointed.