• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - Steering Wheels from Tom's Bronco Parts

digmy76

I'm out....unless I can get one that says "Bronco" not "bobby bo billy's bronco parts" on it! Someone should forward this thread to Tom's.

vap13

Well crap, I just called Tom's and they don't have any without his name on them no matter what color you buy. I told him about how many wanted it without Tom's on it and he said they read all the reply's but have no plans of getting the others right away. I suppose he wants to sell the one's he has. Those of you that have his name on the wheel, is it real obvious?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
If someone has a Blue one, with the Tom's logo on it, please take a photo and post it.

I would like to see a blue one with the logo.

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
I really dont think that the TOMS is all that obivous---its nearly as bad as I thought that it was going to be. I decided to keep mine and installed it yesterday. I was really not happy about the idea of it saying toms on it but, like I said before its really not that bad. I would rather that it didnt have it but I decided that I can live with it because it is a quality steering wheel and look a lot better than the stock one I had before.
One thing that I would say about this wheel is that I wouldnt reccomend it for anyone that doesnt have power steering. Even with power steering I can tell it is a little harder to turn. ------CC

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
I'm glad other parts houses don't do that. Can you imagine all the little names all over your Bronco, Wild Horses on the flares, ProtoFab on the bumpers, the list goes on...
Just may have to order from Summit. I wonder if Tom's will sell just the horn button?
If it said Tom's Bronco, I'd get it because that's my name.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
TOMKLU said:
I'm glad other parts houses don't do that. Can you imagine all the little names all over your Bronco, Wild Horses on the flares, ProtoFab on the bumpers, the list goes on...
Just may have to order from Summit. I wonder if Tom's will sell just the horn button?
If it said Tom's Bronco, I'd get it because that's my name.

I like the wheel but do not want TOM's name on it. Is the one from Summit the same wheel without the Bronco script (and the TOMS PARTS crap on it also)? If so, what manufacturer is it?

Thanks

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
Matt at Tom's called me last Thursday about my order which was placed before the Mass Buy and we talked about the Tom's logo and I also talked to Tom himself yesterday at The Free All about it, I told them both that I was not too happy about it when I first heard about the change, but I kept my order because I really like the wheel. After looking at all of the colors yesterday, at the Free All, it's really not that bad.

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
CodeeB said:
Matt at Tom's called me last Thursday about my order which was placed before the Mass Buy and we talked about the Tom's logo and I also talked to Tom himself yesterday at The Free All about it, I told them both that I was not too happy about it when I first heard about the change, but I kept my order because I really like the wheel. After looking at all of the colors yesterday, at the Free All, it's really not that bad.

Hi Codee. Did you tell him many of us were not buying the wheel due to the script? If so, what did he say? Any chance of them removing it?

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
KNZRHOG said:
Hi Codee. Did you tell him many of us were not buying the wheel due to the script? If so, what did he say? Any chance of them removing it?

I told Tom that a lot of guys weren't really happy with new script and that there were some that weren't going to buy them. I think that he knew about some of the complaints before I talked to him. I think that you guys should call and let him know what you think. I talked to him last year also and both times he seemed to be a very down to earth guy , so I'm sure he'll listen to his customers.

tomsbroncoparts

Loc.
Medford, OR
To The Bronco Customers,
How do we at Toms Bronco reply to a post that is so negative without trying to defend ourselves or sound like we are whining? We apologize for any inconvenience for the change in our steering wheels. As the manufacturer of these wheels, as with any other product, We did not feel that putting our name on them would make or break the sale. There are many manufacturers that put there name on a product that they produce with no recourse or negative responce. We do listen to our customers & feel we have a great team to help out the Bronco community and realize there is always room for improvement. Please feel free to call or e mail us with any questions or concerns and we will respond as best we can.
Thanks Again, Toms Bronco Parts

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Toms Bronco Parts,

Thank you for coming to this site and stating your position. I think everyone here appreciate the quality of service and support your company provides our community.

When I first saw your wheel (with only the Bronco script) I was impressed.

I think if the wheel would have been unvealed with the "Tom's Parts" script, this would have not been an issue.

But we saw it without the newest script and fell in Luv with it.

So the difference is we never saw the other manufacturers equipment without there name on it.

No offense to your business, I would rather not have the script.

Is this an option?

Thanks for listening!

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Reading the posts I don't see anything "so negative". Just simply people prefer their $100+ steering wheels only have the Bronco script on the horn button. Fact, it is the buyer's decision what makes or breaks the sale. This added advertising in fact does break the sale for many potential buyers. Nothing personal against Tom's. I'll buy from them anything else. If people want the plain wheel, why not sell them one or explain why you cannot.

tomsbroncoparts said:
To The Bronco Customers,
How do we at Toms Bronco reply to a post that is so negative without trying to defend ourselves or sound like we are whining? We apologize for any inconvenience for the change in our steering wheels. As the manufacturer of these wheels, as with any other product, We did not feel that putting our name on them would make or break the sale. There are many manufacturers that put there name on a product that they produce with no recourse or negative responce. We do listen to our customers & feel we have a great team to help out the Bronco community and realize there is always room for improvement. Please feel free to call or e mail us with any questions or concerns and we will respond as best we can.
Thanks Again, Toms Bronco Parts

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I dont see how defending your company or parts, to me, be considered whining. Please continue to be part of this site, its a win-win situation on a most part in my eyes.

I have already ordered a Silver one and just waiting for delivery, its going third party so I wont get it til late this month. Now I got to powdercoat the beadlock rims just to have some more silver on the rig!

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I got lucky and got one that just said Bronco, I would not have been thrilled if it said Tom's Bronco Parts.

The part that annoys me is the bolt holes are to small and need to be drilled out on the upper adapter and the instructions leave alot to be desired.

Tom's- Please do your customers the justice of writing out a set of instructions that make sense.

Have you (Tom's) installed one of these yourselves?

I know if I sold this product I would make the effort to clear it up.

I do like the wheel but not happy with the instructions.

Chris

popp75sport

Loc.
Springfield MO
i too would have to say that i dont think it is a negative post, just that alot of people including myself prefer the wheel without the toms parts on it. As my preference i really like the bronco wheel, from the first time i saw it on ebay. I dont think that you posting would lead people to say that you are whining, i think alot of people would like to see the wheel offered without it on there though.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I also agree that this has not been a negative thread. It is nice that a vendor can use a forum like this to get constructive feedback on their products. It helps them to make their products better and give them insight to improve their customer service. From reading the posts it is clear that everybody loves this steering wheel with the exception of the "Tom's/Parts" script. If these steering wheels were made like the originals with "Bronco" script and if the instructions were improved it is clear they could sell a lot more. That is great feedback for any vendor. Bronco owners are pretty picky about their trucks and anybody who is willing to spend $100 on a steering wheel is going to have high expectations of getting exactly what they want.

I've done business with Tom's before and have only had positive experience with their products and service. Hopefully they take this feedback as constructive and come back with an even better product.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
tomsbroncoparts said:
We apologize for any inconvenience for the change in our steering wheels. As the manufacturer of these wheels, as with any other product, We did not feel that putting our name on them would make or break the sale. There are many manufacturers that put there name on a product that they produce with no recourse or negative response.
I would agree with others that this thread is not a negative about Tom's. It's simply people giving their opinions about one aspect of one product, not Tom's in general.

I think most of the commotion here comes from the fact that the wheels were changed. People were making their purchasing decisions based on the description and photos from the web site and catalog. Now that the wheels have changed some people have changed their minds. I think that's to be expected.

True that other vendors offer products with their name on them, and people either buy or they don't. I think the reason you don't see discussion about it is because there was never a choice. The name was always part of the product and so always part of the customers decision to buy. As to there being no recourse I might disagree. I have a few items that I would like, but won't buy because they have the vendors name on them in a permanent way. I think the recourse is that fewer people will buy them. And maybe that's outweighed by the advertising on the product.

Again, Tom's shouldn't take this as a personal attack at all, but simply constructive criticism as to what some customers would like.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I agree with the others that this is not a attack, and Tom's should not feel like they need to defend themselves. It all comes down to the idea that people liked the wheel because of the details on it (particularly the Bronco Script). When the details changed (with more script), the product changed. When dealing with cosmetic things like one wheel or another, it’s all in the details...... I will be the first one to purchase one if Tom's decides to go back to the earlier version (even at the higher regular price)