• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MCBC Fall run @ SMORR, Nov. 18-20

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
I would rank Flat Nasty at a 5 overall and SMORR a 7. Well marked, challenging, great facilitiies.
Do you camping veterans think we need to get our spots reserved? We will probably need 4 or 5 spots. Look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Now harvest is wrapped up gotta get the old Bronco ready. It is still broke from last trip to SMORR.
Brad

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
As far as camping, when I called I was the first one to book one as of last week. They have a bunch of elec. sites available so I highly doubt they will run out. I just didn't want to take a chance.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Truck camping david or you bringing a tent?

I'm still up in the air! It kinda depends on how cold it is. If it's decent weather we will probably bring the kids and do the tent. If the weather looks bad I'll be coming alone and staying in my truck? We might all sleep in the truck, he kids can sleep in the cab. Lol, I don't know yet but have been thinking!

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
Truck camping for me!! My kids might come. all 3 of us will fit on an air mattress in the back. I'm sure its not gonna be a wind chill of 13 like it was last time we camped in our trucks. Great memories!!
Jamey

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Do you camping veterans think we need to get our spots reserved? We will probably need 4 or 5 spots.
Brad

Since I didn't see anything on the SMORR calendar as far as events go, getting a camping site is probably pretty easy. I reserved mainly because I wanted to make sure I have an electric site. If you don't need electricity, the primitive camping is just basically an open field near the electric sites. There's over 30 electrical sites there so getting one shouldn't be a problem at all.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Steve said he's will be done with my gears this week,. SOooo if I can swapout the front in a week(I'm slow with progress) and do some little things I'll probably be in for a day or more hopefully.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Cool, I have some work to do to mine as well. New bushings on the long arms and check everything else out as well.

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
It is a good thing I started working on mine a little early. My new front 35 spline axles were machined for a dana 60 not my ford 9.Wouldnt slide in. Had to send back to Branik.
It looks like we will have maybe 14 rides coming down counting Joe. 3 or 4 Broncos and the rest Jeeps. You other guys will have to even out the playing field.
Brad

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It is a good thing I started working on mine a little early. My new front 35 spline axles were machined for a dana 60 not my ford 9.Wouldnt slide in. Had to send back to Branik.
It looks like we will have maybe 14 rides coming down counting Joe. 3 or 4 Broncos and the rest Jeeps. You other guys will have to even out the playing field.
Brad

Sound great, hope the weather holds out!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Since I didn't see anything on the SMORR calendar as far as events go, getting a camping site is probably pretty easy. I reserved mainly because I wanted to make sure I have an electric site. If you don't need electricity, the primitive camping is just basically an open field near the electric sites. There's over 30 electrical sites there so getting one shouldn't be a problem at all.

Love the Avatar Don, meant to say something earlier, but forgot. ;D