• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Don't have a still pic of James but I do have a video. You can see just how slick it was on this uphill. He gets stopped by a stump about halfway up.

And as far as helping - about 10 minutes after this video James was underneath the brown FSB putting out a fire!

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Don't have a still pic of James but I do have a video. You can see just how slick it was on this uphill.

My Goodyear ATS' were worthless there I gotta bump getting some MTs up a few notches on the priority list. Mebbe I can talk Drew outta the ones he won. :p

Gotta loose some bling and go with some fling! Even Sandra is hooked now.

AND WE DEFINITELY NEED NAME TAGS!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Hello everyone, first I want to introduce myself I'm James one of the guides. I want to apologize for the confusion among the guides most of the guides are used to the way big dogs run there event witch is a little different then MEB. I think if the staging area was a little bigger we would not had as much trouble with getting started in the morning. I will talk to john hunt and Eugene to try to come up with a better plan for next year. I have been guiding for years now and think I have some solutions for the problems that have been brought up.

BTW, I hope everyone who followed me had a good time I know I had a great time guiding. I try to do my best to accommodate everyone on my rides as best as I can. I hope some of the complaints don't discourage anyone from coming back.

Thanks for posting James.

Although I did hear of a few issues, I was OK with the guides on my rides (actually, I'm not sure who they even were since I often jump in with a group at the last minute as I rush up from the registration area).

I know I have have some very good experainces in the past with some of these guides such as yourself, Henry and Beau (was there the first year and helped me a lot when I had some issues before I got Iron Bear running like the true steed it was this past weekend!) ;D

I have not been as in touch with the trail rides/guides as I had in the past when I was the event coordinator, but I do still get a lot of the feedback from participants since many know me. Overall I think it went very well with a few isolated incidents that can easily be corrected by getting everyone on the same page as what we need and expect for the MEB events.

Also, we really need to emphasise keeping the guy in your rear view more at the drivers meeting. I have also noticed a decline in working CB's in the past several years as well. We used to be sticklers about this and the vast majority of people had them. Now many of us (me included :-[ ) have slacked off. This could be because Chris had helped us out with providing VHF units for staff and guides, but CB's are still needed for better communications within each group.

We also used to have designated tail gunners. IMO, this does not have to be an official guide, but just someone who has a working CB, rig well equiped for the level of trail, and the confidence and wilingness to take on the role to help keep the group moving and keep the lead guide informed on what is going on at the rear. We should be able to fill this role with the many experianced particpants we have.

In the past we've also had some "intro" rides for the real newcommers to wheeling where we had guides show them how to do everything from the importance of airing down to various techniques to overcome obsticals or how to properly set up for winching /snatching. This may be something we want to look at for next year as well to have one group like this on Friday to help get some new people into it. For some folks, this can actually be more rewarding than guiding a regular group since you get to share your knowlege and help others learn techniques to safely get the most out of their rig on the trail.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
My Goodyear ATS' were worthless there I gotta bump getting some MTs up a few notches on the priority list. Mebbe I can talk Drew outta the ones he won. :p

Gotta loose some bling and go with some fling! Even Sandra is hooked now.

AND WE DEFINITELY NEED NAME TAGS!

I wish I won tires again! I won a set of Mickey Thomopsons last year.

This year Keeler won the MTR's and NGABornco won the swampers.

Yes, name tags are good IMO! Unfortunatly, many folks refuse to wear one!

I (and many of the staff) find it especially hard since most all of the participants end up knowing our names, we end up feeling like idiots when we can not remeber some of yours even though we recognize most all of you from year to year! :-[

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I had mine on, although i have that pressence...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

OX1

Bronco Guru
:p :p
Thanks for the post up James. (you should incude a pic of yr new rig so folks will know who ya are..;D ) You echoed my thoughts.. you guys know what to do and do it well. Things just got discombobulated this past weekend in some areas. I think that not having lead and tail gun in every ride was a problem and,as Drew mentioned, the trail rovers are always a good idea.

I don't recall too many problems staging last year. A 33% approx increase in rigs had to have some affect, especially with many first timers (or so it seemed in the first 20 or so pages of this thread). I'm sure minor changes will clear up anything that was lacking.

As mentioned, I'm thrilled to death to just have another location to wheel.
Anything that happens good beyond that is pure gravy to me :p

nhopman

Just got around to reading some of the posts about the event. It was a great weekend for me, I had fun and got to meet some new people and hang out with old friends. As a staff member I obviously like to hear all the positive feedback from the participants but want everyone to know that if you have a complaint, or concern, we need to hear that to, believe me, we can take it.

The weather really added to the challenges of putting on certain aspects of the event. The photo and lineup were just one of them. Originally we planned on using the field for staging and group photo, but had to move to that smaller parking lot which messed up the line-ups, trail rides, etc. As has been said from fellow staff, we try to do the best with what we have. I hate that we had to skip the photo on Saturday for those that missed out on Friday, but with the rain delay and again having to use that small parking lot. We wouldn't have been able to get all the vehicles into it, and we just felt that it was better to try to line up the trail and other groups as best as we could to get everyone on thier way as quickly as possible. Of course, now that we know what to deal with when it rains, we will be better prepared in the future.

So keep the feedback coming. If there are any changes, new activities you would like to see at our events, please send them along as well. If you don't want to post them to the public, then shoot a PM to me, Pearlcoat, Scoop, Ransil, Broncitis, or any of the MEB staff, we welcome any and all comments.

Nick Hopman

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I noticed a clunking noise going over big bumps after wheeling. I thought it was my suspension. Though apon further inspection, I think I found it.

One of my Monster motor mount bushings is falling apart

here is a peice I just pulled out

Good thing I stopped when I did

Also if anyone has any pics of me wheeling Friday, please post them

Attachments

• motormount.JPG
    motormount.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 23

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I just want to interject something here. We were by no means coming down on the round up as a whole. AFTER reading through some posts I want to be perfectly clear that this is a top notch event. Few problems, yes. A spec on the radar as far as a whole? yes as well. This was my first non local event and my friends keep telling me that it would be a good time. They underestimated in my mind. Any time you can get together and talk Bronco with people as nuts about them as you, has to be a good time. Thanks again for a great time, great food and plenty of smiles for a long, long time. It was a pleasure!

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
James, glad you joined up, it was great wheeling with you on Sat., you did an excellant job as far as I was concerned. Looking forward to running with you again next year.
One big thing to keep in mind is that even though this was the 11th event, it is only the 3rd at Gore, so some things are to be learned. I know at Paragon, I got to where I picked trails by who was guiding, and I am getting to where I'll look for who I know that is guiding now. Once everyone gets to know one another it all works alot better.
Also, I now feel comfortable about how the layout is at Gore and could be a tail gunner, I had to leave the group Sat morning, but was able to run back to camp and find my way back to the group pretty easily. I think unofficial tail gunners would be pretty easy for MEB to pull off.
No matter what, it was still a great event.

4x4x289

Thanks Judy, Gary, and MEB staff.

Awesome time. I attended this event with my two boys, Ryan and Steven. It was our first event. It was perfect as a Father’s Day weekend. My boys and I were very fortunate. Steven won the fishing tournament. Steven, age 9, is now a two-for-two with winning Kids fishing tournaments and no longer accepts advise with regard to fishing techniques. My son Ryan, my techno-geek child, won the Wide Hero camera at the raffle, -the very item he drooled over when we walked through the prize isle (plus I was able to dump $100 worth of one-dollar bills when purchasing the tickets! Thanks Chris for counting them! And Chris, you did a great job at the Challenge, if that was you.). The boys absolutely loved the rock challenge. I did too. I owe a special thanks to Alan for (attempting) to drive me and my boys up the hill to the Challenge, as my Dana 30 was no longer able. I love your rig. I need the cage assisted dana 60. As for blowing my Dana 30, at least it lasted long enough to give me Thursday night, Friday, and it brought me home, plus my boys are now on explaining to Mom why Dad needs more beef up front (in the Bronco) This event really sparked their attention to Broncos and off roading too. Ryan is asking questions. Steven has already colored a cutout to enter in next year’s event, with a Nightmare crayola paint scheme.

As for the trails, I know my guide genuinely was out to enjoy the day, like the rest of us. I think he did a great job. I camped next to him and we talked. He was very apologetic about our long lunch break. I know he did the best he could with the challenges handed to him, including me. I must apologize for those that had to wait for me on the river while I pounding on my fuel pump and electrical connections. Eventually we got my Holley 950 running. An then, I also must apologize to those that had to listen to the rumbling during our one hour lunch break, as I was afraid to turn it off. I hope you enjoyed my carnage up the hill though! I tried!. I just couldn’t make it up those slippery rockes after a few had wettened them up. I think thats were I blew the 30, plus I scuffed the rear quarter. I'll try next year, with a locked 60!

One more fortunate experience. I was positioned directly in front of bmc69’s 12 year old son. Holy crap! I did a double-take when I first saw him in the mirror. Shorter than the steering wheel But Outstanding! I enjoyed watching him.

Scott

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
well put, what ride was yours? This was on friday? Never mind, looked and saw. Don't sweat it, you guys were great.

Last edited:

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Scott no apologize needed, this stuff happens. Just glad you didn't damage your awesome truck anymore than you did.

It was great meeting you and your sons

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you guys tired from carrying all your winnings?

HOTTAMALEE

:D this was my first wheeling event.i had a great time. everyone was so friendly and family oriented, my son especially loved it.thank you very much MEB for putting on such a great event. our camping neighbors were awsome and thanks to Matt for introducing us to the GIN POT!!!!!! hope to see you all soon

Last edited:

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Wow, Looks like I missed out on a real good time. I had been kicking the idea around but passed on it for other camping options. Had I known you were going Terry (Got Broncos) I would have followed you down in my 66.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
you guys tired from carrying all your winnings?

you could have won something - if you had stayed longer ;D

Randy and the Maine crew left half way through the raffle, he gave me his tickets. Then 5 minutes later one of his tickets got pulled. I got a sweet gift cirtificate for a stage 8 X lock with it

Sweeeeet

74creamsickle

Loc.
Perkasie.PA
Don you left before we could all say good bye. THANKS for the coffee bags!!Had an awsome week end rain and all. Was great to put names with faces and Broncos.