• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
The traiguids are part of my responsibility and I am truly sorry to hear of the issues we had. Please PM me directly for and specifics that any of you feel need adressed separate from what we already know. My personal trail experience was not as good as usual either but it was all good just to have a day out with friends.
We take all comments to heart and follow up as needed to make it a better event each time. The staging change was a bad start fri and got worse on sat when we had a delay and split the staging.
It was truly awesome to see so many new faces along with some old ones to make such a large gathering with the economy the way it is;D

chris

No more Rock Crawler
(plus I was able to dump $100 worth of one-dollar bills when purchasing the tickets! Thanks Chris for counting them! And Chris, you did a great job at the Challenge, if that was you.). Scott

Scott, I was glad to take those 100 one dollar bills off your hands! ;D

Yes, that was me in the Challenge. I ended up running on the modified side this year due to the bigger tires and four link. I was a bit concerned that the truck would not make it past the first set of rocks but it didn't let me down. Got to narrow that front and get rid of those big bumpers next.

Thanks for the compliment. :cool:

As far as the trail guide issues go, trust us, we have a knack for learning from our mistakes and you will not have that issue again.

Good to see you all again.

vt89gtvert

Loc.
Danville
I want to say that James did a good job as a trail guide on Friday as well. The first set of trails we went on were well matched to the 5 rigs running open diffs.

The mud seamed to be the big issue in our group. My stock rig (Brown fullsize) had to be winched three times, once while I was towing an EB. I think last year the weather leading up to and during the event made for a more pleasant experience. So if MEB could do a better job with that next year I would be greatful.

But I still enjoyed the trip, and it I can fix the tranny issue in time I will be back again with bronco. If I must, I might drive the DD again and go anyway.

Also thanks to James for putting out the fire...... and everyone else who helped get me back to camp. I ended up having to leave before the raffle on sat night, but I am sure it was great.

On suggestion is to put something on the registration form about what type of rig/trails you plan on riding. this might give a better idea of how many trail guides will be needed for each level of trails.

Our cabin was cleaner then last year, but the group from the festival past our campsite were less then caring when it came to keeping the facilities clean (Just my observation). I like the cove and think alot of the issues observed were just due to things MEB couldn't plan around.

I didn't think there were any issues with the guides just the condition of the trails as a stock rig. It seamed like the trails were a lttle more then my rig was ready for. Which is fine, but in retrospect I probibly would have passed on the trail rides had I known about the amount og the slick stuff/very large ruts in them ahead of time. The first trail was alot of fun, but it seamed like that was the only trail that a stock rig could enjoy whithout spending alot of time spinning. But then I wasn't able to wheel saturday.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
A BIG THANKS to everyone from me, just got back to CO this evening. 3247 miles on the Superduty and trailer.

I had a great time, got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. To Karl, Ken, Larry, Coaker, Russell and the crew, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys.

I'm thinking I'll have to come back next year and bring the Family!!

For those who haven't wheeled out here in CO or UT, come on out! We do the RMR in Buena Vista the last weekend of July and the MBS the first week of May in Moab (search on here for either one). I also have a pretty flexible work schedule and can meet/lead guys around given enough notice.
Joe

OX1

Bronco Guru
More pics from the street ride.

Want to thank all involved for a great weekend. Diffferent event for me, not wheeling and having Janet along. Definately a bit more relaxing knowing the ramp onto the trailer is the hardest thing I would be doing all weekend (and even that was a bit of fun with the mud caked fully aired up street tires ;D). Was great that once we reached Harpers Ferry, the sun came out in full force.

Have some front end geometry to work on as my rig is still squirrely going down the rode (especially in the driving rain we hit on the way out). Hoping to get to more of the street rides in the future...........

Attachments

• 0620091019a.jpg
    0620091019a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0066a.jpg
    DSCN0066a.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0056a.jpg
    DSCN0056a.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 0620091341.jpg
    0620091341.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0051a.jpg
    DSCN0051a.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0047a.jpg
    DSCN0047a.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 0620091048aa.jpg
    0620091048aa.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 27
  • 0620091047aa.jpg
    0620091047aa.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN0080a.jpg
    DSCN0080a.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0074a.jpg
    DSCN0074a.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0070a.jpg
    DSCN0070a.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 40

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Cool meeting you at the fire thursday night as well....Wish i could of seen the rock challenge too!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the comments, good and bad. As several MEB staff have mentioned on here previously, give us your feedback so we can work on solutions and new ideas. We can and will make improvements for next year.

I met alot of new people whose names I will not remember but I do recognize faces when I see them again. We (MEB staff) were amazed at the awesome turnout given the economic situation and we hope we gave you your money's worth. Especially for those of you who drove long distances to get there.

Come back next year!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
yes! i should do my trail truck like that! Also a big shout to the Breckenridges, NgaBronco even though they brought rain ;D

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Here are some pics my buddy Dustin shot. Don I found one for you. :)

Attachments

• Broncorama09 017.jpg
    Broncorama09 017.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 20
  • Broncorama09 044.jpg
    Broncorama09 044.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Broncorama09 043.jpg
    Broncorama09 043.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Broncorama09 041.jpg
    Broncorama09 041.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Broncorama09 032.jpg
    Broncorama09 032.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Broncorama09 031.jpg
    Broncorama09 031.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Broncorama09 018.jpg
    Broncorama09 018.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 20
  • Broncorama09 095.jpg
    Broncorama09 095.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 40

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
interesting comments, I will weigh in on the trail guide discussion. I have always had very good trail guides at Gore, and the same this time !! (Todd, Justin) however I wheel alot, when YOU dont wheel very much (like alot of MEB members) a trail guide needs to spend more time addressing "trail etiquette" and helping less experienced wheelers.
Also, their needs to be more time spent on organizing the trail rides, (groups were to BIG) with that many rigs. obviously trail riding was important to the members!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
STILL a great time. I can't emphasize that enough. Got-Broncos, i'm seeing calendar pic submissions! ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
A BIG THANKS to everyone from me, just got back to CO this evening. 3247 miles on the Superduty and trailer.

I had a great time, got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. To Karl, Ken, Larry, Coaker, Russell and the crew, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys.

I'm thinking I'll have to come back next year and bring the Family!!

For those who haven't wheeled out here in CO or UT, come on out! We do the RMR in Buena Vista the last weekend of July and the MBS the first week of May in Moab (search on here for either one). I also have a pretty flexible work schedule and can meet/lead guys around given enough notice.
Joe

Joe, great to meet you. Glad your drive was worth it! I am heading to CO next week - so see you at RMR! ;D

Also, Congrats again on winning the Unlimited Rock Challenge!

Gary

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
yes! i should do my trail truck like that! Also a big shout to the Breckenridges, NgaBronco even though they brought rain ;D

Hey Tasker, we bring the rain everyplace we go! wouldn't know how to act without it! glad to have met a fellow "wet pantleg brother"!;D

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I figured I would pipe in here before the next roundup...(Can't wait BTW) This was our second and we had a blast!!!!! Wagon trained up from the Tidewater area with Scott (4x4x289), Jim74, Steve, and picked up Ed in Williamsburg. My ONLY complaint is that it was toooooo short!! Gotta take what you can get, right? Thanks for everyone's hard work to pull this event off!! We did the Pentical night ride Thursday to set the pace. I won the Friday morning group picture drawing right off the bat ($25 Eastwood Gift Certificate. Thank you!).....I knew it was going to be a good time. Thanks Scott, for pushing my luck along! Got to hang out with some friends new and old, eat drink and be merry and the icing on the cake was beign surrounded by Bronco's and fellow fanatics. I woke up Sunday morning, made a pot of coffee sat and looked over my sleeping kids (3 out of 5) and Wife and thanked God for blessing me with them and the good fortune to be able to participate in such a good time with great people.

Attachments

• float1.JPG
    float1.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 30
  • camp2.JPG
    camp2.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 37
  • camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 26
  • group1.JPG
    group1.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 61
  • GoreWalmart.jpg
    GoreWalmart.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 40
  • fish1.JPG
    fish1.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 32

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Cool meeting you at the fire thursday night as well....Wish i could of seen the rock challenge too!

And you as well Randy. Let me know what your buddy says about pricing on the new FRPP A50 harness.

Anyone have pics/video of my run on the Rock Challenge?
Joe