• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Round-Up, Gore, VA - PICS and VIDS!

Campgroundguy

Heres what I got. Some Cool broncos and Gore verses the left rear spring of the Blue Rocks Beast round 2.:eek: This is the second year in a row the rear axle is not in the right spot, on the trail at the round up. Last year a broken main leaf, this year the center bolt breaks and leaves go where ever they want.

Attachments

• line up.jpg
    line up.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Duece.jpg
    Duece.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 9
  • nice bronc.jpg
    nice bronc.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 11
  • broke.jpg
    broke.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 23
  • still broke.jpg
    still broke.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 17
  • dam bobby.jpg
    dam bobby.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 35
  • round 2 gore.jpg
    round 2 gore.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 17
  • snickers.jpg
    snickers.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 21
  • whos your daddy.jpg
    whos your daddy.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 25
  • bigness.jpg
    bigness.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 25
  • v trail.jpg
    v trail.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 7

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
C'mon Jeff, you've got to post the pic of your dad rock crawling! ;D

I wondered how long it would take for that request to be posted! Those shots were taken with my dads camera by the spotter(yours truely);D I'll get them from my dad tomorrow and get them on here. Warning though, the shots that will be posted were done by a professional driver and his spotter! Once you all see these, please do not try to duplicate what is seen in the photo!%)

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wondered how long it would take for that request to be posted! Those shots were taken with my dads camera by the spotter(yours truely);D I'll get them from my dad tomorrow and get them on here. Warning though, the shots that will be posted were done by a professional driver and his spotter! Once you all see these, please do not try to duplicate what is seen in the photo!%)

That's the same professional photographer that ran off into the median on the street cruise while taking pics of the bronco behind him (and driving too).

All the pics are great! I haven't loaded mine anywhere yet except my laptop. I'm a slacker.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wow great pic's folks, here are a few of our's .

318272721_QCNCL-M-1.jpg

gotta love em' starting early ..;D
318267217_PrrcB-M-1.jpg

318275350_yREfG-M-1.jpg

318097507_N7rmC-M-1.jpg

You can see some more of the pictures here: We tried to get one of all the rigs leaving for the trail rides, and a few of my rig.. Project 68 !! :cool:
http://karamorris.smugmug.com/gallery/5235112_PLzGd

Tony - your wife's pics are great! please ask her to post some on the MEB website too for our members how don't read CB

cesco

those are some great pic's!! once i find my camera i'll post some of the ones that i took. i also thought the event went very well this year, everything went smoothly.. we had an excellent trail guide for the group i was with.
even though i broke a spring hanger off i still had a good time..

oh yeah, did i mention that the raffle prizes this year were awesome;D ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's another short video. This is EJ during the Rock Challenge. He didn't make it up and to add insult to injury . . .

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/Scooppics/?action=view&current=MOV03911.flv

I installed a new front bumper just before the RU to protect my front corners. So what happens? I hit a log on Trickle which was sticking out of the bank about 4 feet high. Messes up my grill and passenger fender. Not a scratch on my new bumper!

Attachments

• DSC03878.jpg
    DSC03878.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 16

Campgroundguy

nothin a spray can and a hammer can't fix. Just put some new paint over that dent and no one will notice. besides its on the passenger side,you can't see it from behind the wheel.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Here's another short video. This is EJ during the Rock Challenge. He didn't make it up and to add insult to injury . . .

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/Scooppics/?action=view&current=MOV03911.flv

I installed a new front bumper just before the RU to protect my front corners. So what happens? I hit a log on Trickle which was sticking out of the bank about 4 feet high. Messes up my grill and passenger fender. Not a scratch on my new bumper!

Winch hill doesn't look as steep on video.
Good audio of Suzy snapping the axle.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
That was not an axle. It was a piece of tree dropping on the hood.

Bax, you're correct. Randy was actually referring to a previously posted vid. (You have to know Randy!)

Here is the vid of Suzy snapping a D60 outer stub. After they took it out it looked like it may have had some previous damage.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee15/Scooppics/?action=view&current=MOV03872.flv

The first noise is the fan hitting a newly installed fan shroud when she goes into reverse.

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
Scoop I'm glad you didn't hurt that new bumper .. lol

I will say one of my many highlights of the event was the amount of time I spent w/ Mr Duff.. I even got a autograph glove box door on Project 68.. :cool: ;D

I have pic's of the Border trail ride that still need to be posted, and a few others too.. The wife is working on something for us too .. ;) :-X

Thanks again MEB Staff, Sponsors , and anyone else I missed ..

cesco

Scoop, I think it's time to start designing an exocage....;D or maybe you need to get new glasses:D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
cesco - ha ha ha ;D I did set myself up for that! At least I won the Painless harness before all your tickets kicked in!!!

I was running very hot up Trickle and turns out I lost a vacuum plug. The engine was not running well at low RPMs. Had to keep on the throttle and power brake and keep up lots of momentum or it would stall. I caught a rock and it threw me into the log.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! %)

cesco

and i had that wiring kit on my list.........

so you had your right foot smashed down on the throttle and hit a tree and now you come up with a vacuum leak story... yeahh ok..... (ha ha ha ha ha)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We were right behind Gary on that run and watched him struggle with the engine all the way. However, he already knows he'll get no sympathy from me because he's still running a carbutraitor on some pretty gnarly terrain....;D