• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Round-Up, Gore, VA - PICS and VIDS!

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
So Gary, you had an engine man riding behind you and he couldn't tell a vacumn leak, come on Bill %) ;D

I'm just glad someone else had trouble on the rock challange. Ben and I thought we had a great plan, Randy walked the hill, we got stranded, then Forest walked it. Guess blaming it on Bernie won't work. :( Guess I need to work on my spotting skills. I wanted to enter, but already had enough grief from the wife.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So Gary, you had an engine man riding behind you and he couldn't tell a vacumn leak, come on Bill %) ;D

Oh I tried to help and did offer my professional opinion: "Gary..sounds like its really running like chit...when ya going to get fuel injection?" Gotta help a brother out. ;D

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
It was my first time at one of these events and my whole family had an absolute blast. My 77 was not ready so I just showed up with my 5th wheel RV.
I hitched a trail ride Friday morning and am now completely hooked.

My goal is to finish my rig for next years event.

My wife had so much fun she told me she wants her own Bronco.

As luck would have it I found a good deal yesterday and now own a 74 and a 77. Maybe both will be there next year.

Now I know why some of you have more than one. I am so glad I sold my muscle cars to go wheeling. Car shows are so boring.

For those of you who were there I was the guy with the big Irish Wolf Hound.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
JohnJohn - Glad you and your family had a good time. Sounds like you came out better than any of the raffle winners - you got another Bronco out of the deal! ;D We should maybe wear name tags with our CB usernames because I did not connect the guy with the wolf hound with JohnJohn.

Bill, Jeff, Brian - (picture a dimly-lit room with a toothless gypsy woman hunched over a crytal ball and my candle-lit face with an anxious expression) "I zee loove in your fyuuture . . . wait, I zee letters . . . her initials . . . are "e" . . . and "t", no . . . no . . . it's "f", yes "f" . . . and finally "i" . . . yes, her initials are "efi". Do you know her?" "Yes, I think I do" I say with a smile. ;D

cesco

good one gary.....

i have alot of extra efi stuff laying around from my car and bronco (upper and lower intakes, injectors, tb, mass air, air cleaners,pieces of wiring harnesses, computers,fuel pumps, and on and on and on).. time to settle on something for both vehicles and ebay the rest off... let me know if you need some extra parts, i might have them laying around...

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bill, Jeff, Brian - (picture a dimly-lit room with a toothless gypsy woman hunched over a crytal ball and my candle-lit face with an anxious expression) "I zee loove in your fyuuture . . . wait, I zee letters . . . her initials . . . are "e" . . . and "t", no . . . no . . . it's "f", yes "f" . . . and finally "i" . . . yes, her initials are "efi". Do you know her?" "Yes, I think I do" I say with a smile. ;D

LOL. You could have saved the soothsayer's fee..the signs were easy for us to read: "Black smoke..stuttering engine..lots of starter cranking..much cussin under drivers breath and constant look of disgust on his face"..that kind of stuf. We didn't need no crystal ball..hee hee

Roadburner

Great pics guys, keep em coming. I carried my camera in the Bronc all weekend and never took it out of the case. Too busy watching all the action and didn't think about taking pics.

Those who didn't attend this year's Roundup don't realize what they are missing. It was another outstanding event by MEB. Great wheel'in, some friendly competition, and food second to none. Plans for next years Roundup have already begun so don't miss out again.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Bill, meant Quadrajet, actually an old Autolite 4300, but hey it works great.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Must have been when you took "the bypass" for an entire day.......:p

Wouldn't want to scratch my show-n-shine rig..it already has enough ugly dark puke blue paint smeared on it from some wanker that had a penchant for marking all the trees along the way until he got an exo.:p

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bill, meant Quadrajet, actually an old Autolite 4300, but hey it works great.

oh..right. I forgot you were running that thing..and successfully enough to upset the wifey too apparently.;D ..and here I thought it was gonna be the camping that turned her away. BTW..I do owe ya a front axle, don't I? Davis said "WTf?" when I told him what you found had happened to it. He swears he only bumped a mall curb once...

Campgroundguy

%) Hey, does anyone know what the run down was for the rock challange.
If not, thats okay I 'll just go on thinking "If your not first your last" haha
By the way you mean all those raffle tickets that Brian won don't equal a bronco,Hell that stuff equals two of my broncos.;D

krazyvan

Kinda curious about the rock challenge results as well....I at least know my B2 wasn't last, and I sure wasn't first;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
%) Hey, does anyone know what the run down was for the rock challange.
If not, thats okay I 'll just go on thinking "If your not first your last" haha
By the way you mean all those raffle tickets that Brian won don't equal a bronco,Hell that stuff equals two of my broncos.;D

Here are some scores I remember
1st was a 0 run
2nd was 2pts
3rd was 3pts
not sure of the next few
White eb with big stroker motor had a 12
HTH

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
Hey Scoop, the pics of my dad rockcrawling are to big and I don't know if they can be cropped to post. If you or Pearlcoat want to pm me your email, I can sent them to you to see what you may be able to do with them. Pearlcoat, I somehow lost your e-mail address.
I am just getting to this because I snapped another axle this week! lost the wheel and buckeled my fender again!:( :( :(

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff, it if weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any, would you? Maybe its time for some upgrades to those axles. I'll PM you my email address. I definitely want a pic of your dad rock crawling.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JohnJohn - Glad you and your family had a good time. Sounds like you came out better than any of the raffle winners - you got another Bronco out of the deal! ;D We should maybe wear name tags with our CB usernames because I did not connect the guy with the wolf hound with JohnJohn.

Remember driving my rig at Uwharrie? Even your wife is sold, that should seal the deal for you. Maybe the gypsy can tell you where the cash will come from too?? EFI is sweet, although right now its coughing a bit. Had to drive the pretty one the past few days, don't want to get stranded on the highway.