• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Met an original owner '67 today EDIT 6/7/24 - 10 years of ownership

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Great story and great pics! What a survivor.

Todd Z.

gray gables

just came upon this, sweet ride, love the color also. It's called peacock blue same color as my 67.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
So, after 47 years, four months, and three days, this 1967 Bronco has a second owner. Here is a picture of the original owner handing me the keys this morning. What an amazing ride. Easily the coolest Bronco I've owned in the last 17 years of being in the EB hobby.

The coolest thing I found out today was the date he originally bought it. I knew he bought it in February of 1967, but the original bill of sale is dated February 4th, which happens to be my birthday. I thought that was a really cool coincidence. Not the correct year, but still...

More posts and info to come...

Attachments

• IMG_4662.jpg
    IMG_4662.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 495
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Great story! Did he make any requests like keep it stock(ish)?

He told me once I bought it I could do whatever I wanted to. He specifically mentioned lifting it or even selling it for a profit. I agree with him that it's mine to do what I want to with, but I suspect that he really hopes I'll keep it exactly as is for another 40 years. Which is exactly my plan.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Great buy Justino , i guess Patience paid off big time.

He'd been asking me if I wanted to buy it for the past few months. I told him I would, it just took me a bit to get the money together. I know for a while he was talking to other buyers, but it was important to him that it went to someone who knew how special it was and who was truly interested in the EB hobby.

The only reason he decided to sell it was because he became a grandfather last year and decided to start a college fund for his grandson.

Since he just lives a few blocks away, he's got a standing offer to stop by and drive it anytime. I hope he does. Really awesome guy.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Congrats! I can't believe how nice that thing is after 400K plus miles. Enjoy it.

Todd Z.

hucklburry rev2

I'd bet he's planned on hoping to sell it to you for some time. He sees you working on them, he's hoped to make this work out like it did.

Congrats on a nice ride.

AWS on here in St. Louis is an original owner, and when he cut his, he kept the cut outs so if he ever wanted to go back, he has the original metal to do so. Its his DD, have no idea how many miles are on it.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Congrats! Nice score. Sounds like the PO knows it will be in good hands.