• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mid TN Bronco Gathering/Party - MAY 23RD is new date

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
Its looking like some really bad weather is on the way. I will probably have to stay close to my park for any emergencies. I hate to do it but please exscuse me and my son, work and the people at my park have to come first We will make the next one for sure. By the way Cedars is a great park. If you talk to any of the Rangers tell them Steve at Meeman-Shelby says hello.

bdavis

Loc.
Jackson
I wish i could be there. If it gets rained out reschedule it for next Sat afternoon and ill be there.

red71sport

Loc.
Knoxville, Tennessee
List the particulars again please. Address, time, date, what you would like us to bring?

I am planning on coming...unless work....I'm not even going to say it out loud

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Here's the deal -

We're sticking to the game plan and taunting mother nature. As far as what to bring, think picnic/cookout. We'll have close to 20 people give or take a few so I don't expect anyone to bring something to feed everyone. I'll supply the burgers and grill, ya'll go from there. Maybe post something you'd like to bring and others can fill in the gaps if they desire but nobody is required to bring anything other than a good attitude!

Where we'll be gathering has a large garage we can move the festivities into should the rains come. I'm bringing my 4-wheeler rather than the Bronco, up to you as to what you bring/drive based on your adreniline level at the time. Obviously, all Broncos welcome regardless of primary function and anyone that wants to trail ride is welcome to. This isn't my place so even Jeeps are allowed. Other than that, it's about comrodery and having a good time.

The address is 1545 Holloway Rd, Lebanon, TN 37090. From 40, go south on Rt. 231 (exit 238) for 3 miles. After you go up a big hill and two lanes merge into one, Holloway Rd. will be the first right. It's directly across from a small cabin on the left side of the road. Turn right onto Holloway. Go straight through the stop sign (after stopping of course) and when you get to what looks like a fork in the road, stay to the left. Shortly after that, the road makes a HARD right. Come out of the turn and you'll see a whiteish double wide with a lot of windows on the right side of the road. Jason's is immediately after that. The mailbox is on the left, the driveway is on the right. Look for a gravel drive next to a old small barn. The tube gate will be open so come on in, park on the gravel if possible. I'll be easy to spot, i'm always on wheels of some kind whether it's the 4-wheeler or wheelchair.

I'll see ya'll there, say around 5ish?

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
List the particulars again please. Address, time, date, what you would like us to bring?

I am planning on coming...unless work....I'm not even going to say it out loud

See above, date is THIS SATURDAY

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Alright everyone, I've got 20 home made burgers ready to throw on the grill so don't dissapoint me!

Ratch

Contributor
if the wether SUCKS I may wimp out.

Was looking at your tag, I thought nuthing skeered you.

Actually, if you are coming all the way from Knoxville I wouldn't blame you. Looks like the worst will hit west of Nashville in the morning, and start to taper off in the early afternoon, so it may not be too bad. What would be a good time to show up?

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Was looking at your tag, I thought nuthing skeered you.

Actually, if you are coming all the way from Knoxville I wouldn't blame you. Looks like the worst will hit west of Nashville in the morning, and start to taper off in the early afternoon, so it may not be too bad. What would be a good time to show up?

I'm gonna say anytime after 4, eat around 6ish depending on when folks get there? Wheel if we can. We may be able to bum a ride in a buggy or two that's already there. He's building several and has some there that's he's working on.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
if the wether SUCKS I may wimp out.

I make a pretty mean burger and they're free just for showing up. Don't worry though, Ratch already called dibs on yours if you wimp out, lol

Damn.... Just realized I forgot lettuce, onion and tomato... Hope ya like cheese, ketchup and mustard!

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
My power just came back on. Looks like we have 9" of rain so fay. Millington is flooding so bad they had to evacuate the prison. I guess the folks at the glamor slamer got a field trip. Round four is not far off. I hate to miss the get together. I even pulled my carb this morning in the rain and gave it a quick cleanning to get it running better hopeing for the best, but I guess it won't happen for us. You all have fun and Jed and I will catch you next time.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
We're completely under water here. My front yard and drive is covered in about 3 feet of water. I've never seen more than a few inches. Right now, I'd need a boat just to get out of my driveway!

I'm calling things off and hoping everyone sees this message. We're going to need to reschedule.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Just spoke to my buddy where this was supposed to happen and he said they're under water also. We've had something like 5-6 inches of rain in the last hour!

Lets shoot for next weekend. I'll save the burgers so ya'll don't miss out on anything.

Ratch

Contributor
Im thinking of starting another project, Found the Instructions in an old book. Kinda confusing though, has some weird measurements. Anyone have a chart to convert inches to cubits?:p

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Im thinking of starting another project, Found the Instructions in an old book. Kinda confusing though, has some weird measurements. Anyone have a chart to convert inches to cubits?:p

The Egyptian cubit was not subdivided into centimetres or inches, but into palms and digits. The Egyptian cubit was subdivided into 7 'palms' of 4 'digits', making 28 parts in all, and was between 52.3 and 52.4cm in length.

The distance between thumb and another finger to the elbow on an average person measures about 24 digits or 6 palms or 1½ feet. This is about 45 cm or 18 inches. This cubit is sometimes referred to as a "natural cubit" of 1½ feet and was used in the Roman system of measures and in different Greek systems.

Over time, various cubits and variations on the cubit have measured:

6 palms = 24 digits, i.e. ~45.0 cm or 18 inches (1.50 ft)
7 palms = 28 digits, i.e. ~52.5 cm or 21 inches (1.75 ft)
8 palms = 32 digits, i.e. ~60.0 cm or 24 inches (2.00 ft)
9 palms = 36 digits, i.e. ~67.5 cm or 27 inches (2.25 ft)

That's about the best I can do. Hope it helps!

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Is everyone okay? Some scary stuff on the west side of the hill. I might be able to come next weekend. Good gravy.... that was some crazy rain.

We're all swiming here. Town square was under two feet of water last night. No telling what it looks like now! If you come next weekend check with me first and I'll let you know if you need to bring the Bronco or a boat...

Ratch

Contributor
The Egyptian cubit was not subdivided into centimetres or inches, but into palms and digits. The Egyptian cubit was subdivided into 7 'palms' of 4 'digits', making 28 parts in all, and was between 52.3 and 52.4cm in length.

The distance between thumb and another finger to the elbow on an average person measures about 24 digits or 6 palms or 1½ feet. This is about 45 cm or 18 inches. This cubit is sometimes referred to as a "natural cubit" of 1½ feet and was used in the Roman system of measures and in different Greek systems.

Over time, various cubits and variations on the cubit have measured:

6 palms = 24 digits, i.e. ~45.0 cm or 18 inches (1.50 ft)
7 palms = 28 digits, i.e. ~52.5 cm or 21 inches (1.75 ft)
8 palms = 32 digits, i.e. ~60.0 cm or 24 inches (2.00 ft)
9 palms = 36 digits, i.e. ~67.5 cm or 27 inches (2.25 ft)

That's about the best I can do. Hope it helps!

Thanks, looks like I also need lumber....lots and lots of lumber... Anyone know where I can get my hands on some Gopher wood?

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Thanks, looks like I also need lumber....lots and lots of lumber... Anyone know where I can get my hands on some Gopher wood?

Check out the Caddy Shack. Jim may have some for ya.