• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco Safari

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
We regret to inform everyone that the official Moab Bronco Safari event will not happen this year.

Registrations are down this year, and at this point we do not have the personal cash to front for the event like we have done in years past. In order for us to purchase shirts, pay insurance, BLM and Sitla, it costs us upwards of 2500.00. We had 400 left over from last year and have recieved 500 or so in registrations. We have held out as long as we can trying to figure it out, but at this point, personally, we cannot pull it off.

So, while that is the bad news.....there is good.

The get together will still happen....but on a much smaller scale. We will still be there the week of May 2-9, and will still run trails and still have a great time. However, none of the info will be posted anywhere, and trail runs will be more impromptu. This will allow us to still have fun with friends and wheel and go see the sites, but will let us avoid dealing with increased BLM/Sitla and insurance costs.

We will take orders for shirts at the time of the event and mail them out if there is enough interest.

Anyone who has registered can pick up their registration fee at the campground, or it will be mailed back to them after the get together in moab is over.

The remaining monies we have from last year will be held onto until next year, and if costs continue to go up, and we cannot put it together, they will be donated to the RedRocks club in Moab.

I really feel bad and wish I could figure another way, but its just not possible at this point. I will be taking down the Facebook page, registration page and web site for the short term in order to make sure this is not seen as an organized event.

Sorry to waste everyones time this year, I wish it were different.

Thanks, hope to still see some of you there. I know many of you make plans, and I know it revolves around meeting up with folks and wheeling and checking out the area, and I hope you still come out. We just cant afford to make it a big official event this time around.

Clint and Dana

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Clint,

Sorry to hear the news. I'm sorry I didn't register earlier, but I was waiting for some things to come together before I could commit to a 27 hour drive each way. Greg Baker (gbbronco) and I are still loading up two rigs and heading that way. We look to be there from May 3-6 and need someone to show us the way around. I own a restaurant so I'd be happy to bring steaks or whatever we need for 25 people or so if we can put together an impromptu BBQ. It doesn't have to be an official event with T-shirts for us to have a good time. Let me know if there is anything we can do to encourage others to come out or any other way we can contribute.

Stephen

stephenwright@outback.com

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I was in the same boat. Didn't want to commit until I knew I had everything ironed out. I'm still going to try to make it there.

My69Pony

Sorry to hear this will not be an official event, it did seem a bit difficult to find information, but I still hope to make it to Moab on the 6th and stay to the 9th. It has been years since I have been to the Moab area, I hope to at least hook up with a few of those still going. I'm not really sure how my bronco will do, but whatever breaks will give me direction to improve.
Brian

Amac70

ME
Yeah sorry ive been to lazy to register also but I will also be there 4th - the 9th i believe. As long as there is people willing to lead a few runs i will be happy. had a blast the last time we were there. don't need an event to be happy and have a good time.

arsenio

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I will still be going, and I can lead some of the trails I previously posted if anyone is interested. I have reservations at the Moab Rim Campground. Either way, it is always a great time in Moab. The weather is just about perfect and the trails are less crowded. Now I just have to get my butt in gear and start packing and loading the gear..... Just look for the purple Bronco..and my two kids...;D;D

Attachments

• IMGP0048.jpg
    IMGP0048.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMGP0046.jpg
    IMGP0046.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
C

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks for your understanding guys. Im sure everybody is struggling and we are no exception. Normally I front the difference and recoup it during the event, but its just not possible this year.

So, while its a letdown, Im still excited to go out and see everyone and go wheelin and have a good time.

Everyone just show up, lets have fun!

broncotom

Loc.
CO,100 Miles to Moab
I too haven't registered yet but we will be there. Probably the 5th through the 8th or so. BBQ sounds great Stephen. I hope we still have a decent turnout. hope to see you guys in a few weeks.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad you at least have the chance to get together.. Maybe next year will be better

earlybronco72

Loc.
Roseville, ca
ill still be there 5/1-5/9 sure it will still be a great time

I will also be there these days, and Kevin, I told the lady at the campground to put my tent site as close to yours as possible. The wife is staying home, so I wont have to lose a day of wheeling for hiking to nowhere.
Just noticed this didn't have my name.
Marc DiLorenzo

Last edited:

Crazybroncoman

Loc.
Oregon city, Oregon
We are still going, we have three Broncos from Oregon mine is a 69 that is bright yellow on 39.5's We have never been there and would like to hook up with some guys to run some 4 plus trails. Let me know thanks.

barnsbronco

we will also be heading down on the fifth. The rest of my group wont show up until thursday night so I would also like to run a couple of more challenging trails.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I'm intending to get over there. My trip is a flight from the east coast and pick my rig up and head to Moab on Sunday or Monday May 2nd or 3rd. I have not put the whole thing together on my end but have a hotel room in town already.
It would be nice to have some sort of contact or head count with a few contact numbers. I know that is some work to coordinate but the scope looks like it shrank somewhat. If I can help let me know.

Dave 719.252.9145

Franked

Loc.
Vallejo, CA
There are several of us from Norcal Broncos(I'm the token Jeep Guy in the club) we had fun last year, I will be at Moab Rim Campground Sunday afternoon(2nd) until Saturday, or Sunday morning. I did Register, been looking forward to this trip.I know of a few others on our Bronco Board who are going.
here is that link
http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6023

I just signed up for this forum to post here, maybe we should all trade some PMs with emails,or phone numbers. So we can un-officially get together, maybe we can at least find out who's gonna be around

sstclair

Wow Clint. I don't know what to say.
There are several of us from the Utah Bronco Club that will be down there as well. I'll be there the entire week.

Even if it's not an official event you can't go wrong in Moab.
-Steve St.Clair

Crazybroncoman

Loc.
Oregon city, Oregon
Steve, A group of us from Oregon are going to be there all week also. It would be cool to go on the trails will someone that has been there before. We are staying at the Lazy Lizard and are looking forward to a good time in Moab.

Crazybroncoman135
Robert cell (503)502-3157

OP
OP
C

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I cant wait to see all you guys there and hang out and go wheeling if someone happens to put a run together ;)

Anyone can get ahold of me 970 640 3027.