• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving to Colorado

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
I tell you, if that area is any what like the mtns that surround Boulder, you should be able to kick someone in the balls if you offer on a house. The mtn property around here is way down on price and sits on the market. If you are a buyer and willing to live around there, you should be able to offer anywhere from 10-20% below asking price and get a counter offer. I cannot understand why the hell people are still building new "dream" houses up in the mountains when you can get a great deal on so many nice existing houses. Screw commuting from those places. You couldn't pay me enough to commute down to the city on those windy ass roads.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Smog Help - Colorado

Do you guys have any advice on the visual inspection? I have a 72 Bronco and am totally smog exempt in California so I am not sure what to expect. I can't seem to find much on the visual inspection, just about the sniffer tests from the websites. We will be living in Castle Rock.

Thanks a lot

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
You'll be fine. Register it as a Collectors Vehicle and only have to pay for the e-test once. I had my '74 registered that way and it didn't have any cat's or anything but a couple of cherry bombs. I don't remember them doing a visual inspection. Adjust your carb when you get here. I don't know what Elev you are at now, but it will help to adjust for a higher altitude.

J.D.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
c2computer said:
Do you guys have any advice on the visual inspection? I have a 72 Bronco and am totally smog exempt in California so I am not sure what to expect. I can't seem to find much on the visual inspection, just about the sniffer tests from the websites. We will be living in Castle Rock.

Thanks a lot

to my knowledge that is because there are not any visual inspections, only sniffer. They don't care what equipment you have, just as long as it runs clean. I'd highly suggest colector plates too - 4 year registration, only have to pass the sniffer once.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Thanks for the advice. It looks like the Air Care Colorado web site said 1975 and newer vehicles needed some of the visual inspection. I am at basic sea level now, I take it up to 7000 feet all the time but I have to tweak it a bit when I do so it will run better. Does it matter that it is not the original carb, I have a Q-Jet on there now.
Thanks

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Well it is newly rebuilt 302, Quadrajet, dual flowmasters 40 series, newer headers, no smog stuff anymore. I guess it runs clean, who knows I have never had to smog it. I guess put some good gas in it, make sure it is warmed up, tweak the carb for the altitude and hope for the best? I am not moving until September when my wife gets her transfer so I still have some time to research. Thanks for the help

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
I had a mildly built 302, Edelbrock 1406, WH shorties, Hooker aero chamber and no smog and passed with flying colors. The only tweak I did was lean out the idle from where I normally had it.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Thanks for the help guys. Do you have any recommendations on a good shop near the Castle Rock area for carb work in case I mess it up? Thanks

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Be sure not to miss the Donut Mill in Woodland park. The DM is the best morning off-to-the-trails stop for biscuits & gravy and fresh donuts around:)

-aaron