• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My LS3/6L80e Engine Swap…..no haters please.🙏

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
looking for a few threads to help with the radiator discussion, Here's one I did after going through multiple radiators mounted the "way they were supposed to be" and were from the factory. still going strong and no issues, furthest and most number of miles without a hiccup to date. My bronco is mounted very similarly, although it may not be a great example since it has no factory core support, it is all tube, but it has been beat and never an issue in 12 years. I'm a huge fan of 3 point mounting, let it float and it will live a happy life. Many aftermarket radiators get a bad wrap due to improper mounting, they need to float and move on their own, being forced to move with the mounting is a recipe for a leaky radiator, coming from a guy that has spent $3000 on radiators in the last 2 years for the same truck mounting them the way they were mounted from the factory, even modified that with some bushings, still wasn't enough. moved to a 3 point design and not looked back.

OP
OP
WPS 73 Bronco

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
Okay, I'm done with my summer hiatus and I'm back at it. As we all know many things get in the way of our projects. For me it was work, family, vacation, summer heat in TX, project burn out, and other fun things to do. But I'm back at it and ready to get this LS Bronco running.

So picking up where we left off, I was trying to figure out the mounting of the radiator. I finally decided to just put in place a temporary solution so that I could move on to other items. One of the things I've had an issue is trying to make everything perfect, instead of good & functional. So that is my current plan. Once I'm further down the road and driving this beast, then I can come back and improve or optimize things.

Below are pics of the radiator top mount and my radiator hoses. I'm using the factory bottom supports with rubber pads on them. I have no rubber isolation on top, but will fix that down the road. For the hoses, I used Summit hose kits to build what I needed on top, and then a 9" flex hose on the bottom. Everything fits, so it's time to move to the next item on the list. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0845.jpeg
    IMG_0845.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 31

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
IMHO (in my humble opinion), pefect is never reached. Almost isn't ever reached on the first, second, third or 40th try.

Instead of saying practice makes perfect, I used to say "practice makes better". Look at the number of athletes, doctors, welders... doesn't matter what the person's expertise is... show me someone who does it perfect in less than 40 attempts. ( or unlimited) :)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of my favorites, seems a little similar. It was an old Confucius say parable.
“Confucius say, man who deliberates fully before taking each step, is destined to spend his life standing on one foot“i
And it always made sense to me. Kind of like my life!

OP
OP
WPS 73 Bronco

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
DD, question for you. My SS braided fuel lines are from WH, #9672. Can it be used for other applications such as transmission fluid lines and the hydraulic lines on the power steering box and hydro boost brake?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Transmission fluid, yes, as long as it’s the correct size.
Hydraulic lines, certainly on the return side, but I will have to check to see if it’s rated for high-pressure like you would see in the pressure side of a hydraulic system.
We do both, so it’s possible we’re using the same hose. But I would need to check.
Get back to you on that…

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely different hose from the high-pressure stuff, as expected.
Still waiting for confirmation on hydraulic fluid compatibility.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, general hydraulic use is perfectly fine. Just not high-pressure applications such as the business end of a steering pump. Just returns and transmission lines and such.

Paul