• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Silver '76 Build....The 5.0 EFI swap

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Not cool Crawdad, I didn't add it up for reason!:eek:

I have spread the cost out over the last year so I haven't noticed the spending that much. I've also sent almost all my shipments straight to Chuck's house.;D

The way I figure it is that it's my extra travel money from working over time on the road and the extra Per Diem money that don't spend eating steak dinners every night. The bills are paid and I'm still saving money so the wife is cool for now.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
"Not cool Crawdad, I didn't add it up for reason!"

BIG SMILE!!!! I'm about to get a few quotes on fixing that 1/2 cab I bought from Chuck, we'll see how long I can smile!!!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Looking good - get it fired up yet? I don't even want to tally up my build, I'm sure I'm over 15K %)

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Looking good - get it fired up yet? I don't even want to tally up my build, I'm sure I'm over 15K %)

Not yet. I'm home for a couple weeks (I think), so I should be able to make some more progress. As matter of fact I taking off work early today to go get some stuff done.

Last edited:

jlylec

very nice buckn! i'm sure you're chomping at the bit to get it done. i know i would be! where did you get your serpentine set-up with all the accessories?

any professional shop guys on here care to give an estimate on installing a new or rebuilt 5.0 EFI engine? turn key...so everything included...soup to nuts.

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
very nice buckn! i'm sure you're chomping at the bit to get it done. i know i would be! where did you get your serpentine set-up with all the accessories?

any professional shop guys on here care to give an estimate on installing a new or rebuilt 5.0 EFI engine? turn key...so everything included...soup to nuts.

Thanks, and yes I am.

I found a member on this site selling the set-up in the "classifieds" section. It was a reasonable price with shipping from Arizona. You should keep an eye out in the Classifieds on this site. They pop up every now and then, but are snatched up pretty quickly if they are listed at a fair price.

I think your best bet is to join a local Bronco club like MEB (Mid Eastern Broncos) and get involved with them. You can get some good local advice from some guys that know these trucks. Good luck!

jlylec

Thanks, and yes I am.

I found a member on this site selling the set-up in the "classifieds" section. It was a reasonable price with shipping from Arizona. You should keep an eye out in the Classifieds on this site. They pop up every now and then, but are snatched up pretty quickly if they are listed at a fair price.

I think your best bet is to join a local Bronco club like MEB (Mid Eastern Broncos) and get involved with them. You can get some good local advice from some guys that know these trucks. Good luck!

thanks man...i am feeling more and more impatient and busy!...that's all. i do appreciate the advice and will check those guys out.

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
We are making progress. Chuck welded in the mounts for the BCB fuel tank. The frame has been power washed, then scraped, then wire brushed, and finally scrubbed with a lot of Acetone. Last night we got the frame painted with the POR15. The next step is to finish spraying the undercoat on the rear of the underside of truck. Then we will prep and paint the engine bay. After all that we have to apply the POR top coat to the frame to complete this section of the project. We are hoping to have the body lift and bushings installed and the body mounted back to the frame by Sunday. Progress.
5d317c79.jpg
dc4d8e03.jpg

Last edited:

jlylec

I joined photobucket today to upload the big pictures to my thread but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it work yet. Any ideas anyone?

You don't have to upload the pics from photobucket. You copy and paste the file. Each pic in photobucket has a box to the side with different URLs. If you click on the [img] one it will automatically copy it and then you just paste it into the text box for this thread. Hope that helps! I have photobucket skills. If only I had your EB skills!

-Lyle

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
We made some progress this weekend. The frame received the final POR top coat of paint. The 2"BL and new body bushings are installed and the body is bolted back to the frame. We did have to shim the rear mounts a little to help with the rear sag and tighten up my door gaps. The new hard fuel lines from BCB were also installed.

cce1a122.jpg

f37d752e.jpg

32e65a5f.jpg

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Progress! The engine is in, and more!

Chuzie worked all day prepping and painting the transmission and transfer case. It turned out awesome! THANKS MAN!!!

550691_3203117537303_1202290568_n_zps5e42b307.jpg

By the time I got off work and got to Chuck's house around 6 today, Mike and Chuck had the engine resting on the engine mounts. The explorer serpentine system had some clearance issues that needed to resolved. We got the Trans and TC bolted up and the headers in place. The new BC Broncos fuel lines were routed in also. The Trick Flow intake is contacting the brake booster bracket and it's going to require some minor trimming on the bracket to make it fit.

I'm so stoked on the progress, thanks for the help fellas!;D

229391_3203127777559_1733566133_n_zpsee887852.jpg

The inside of the truck also got a final top coat of paint over the POR 15 we applied over the front passenger area up to the fire wall. (no pics)

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks great Doug! It's coming together fast now with three people pitching in on it. That upper intake is NICE ;D

BDAZSVT

My Bronco is a 76 that was originally silver. I am trying to pick a color and now you have me thinking of going back silver, thanks now I have more colors to choose from. your truck looks good!

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Thanks, it's the ford color "silver mist" (I think) from the late 90's. Don't look to close, the rust is coming back. I'm going to be painting the hood flat black and installing a hood bubble with holes cut into the side for venting, and looks.

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
The BC Broncos exhaust showed up yesterday. I purchased the 2 into 1 system designed for the BCB shorty headers. I'm using long tube headers that required a few cut and welds to make it fit. I'm in Columbia working this week and Chuck sent me a couple of photos last night. Getting real close to firing this up!!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348684194.220850.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348684210.303598.jpg