• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Silver '76 Build....The 5.0 EFI swap

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
We installed the roll cage and seats yesterday. Then we took it for the first test drive around the neighborhood last night. It runs great. The BCB muffler system sounds great! The transmission is shifting good with the new TC. The new throttle is going to take some getting used to. There's a couple of leaks that need to be addressed and a slight adjustment to the brakes, other than that it's awesome!! Chuck cleaned up all the new wires around the battery and he installed a mercury switch( turns on when you lift the hood) LED engine bay light.

77FB929C-4577-426B-9709-419950E4E7B0-1809-000001FB4EB9DF6F_zpsd90c37b9.jpg

A huge thanks to Blazinchuck and his awesome fab skills and mechanical know how, and also a big thanks to Chuzie for is technical expertise and a helping hand when we needed it!

A video of a driving truck is soon to come. I couldn't be happier!! I only wish I had more than an hour to drive before I left town for 2 weeks.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
twins sticks are done and soft top back on! still got seat belts to do

runs great, sounds great!

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
An update.

The seat belts are done. I bought some new 33x12.50 BFG KM2's. I've been driving it as much as possible trying to get some miles on it before I drive it up to Uwharrie N.F. for the Carolina Broncos November Run this weekend. The engine is running great. I'm amazed at the difference in power from the old 302. I went to the local speed shop and put it on the Dyno for the fun of it. The engine revved to over 5k and it produced 162 Hp at the rear wheels and 210 ft lbs of torque. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352257980.320042.jpg

Numberfool

Very nice.

You mentioned you bought the BC exhaust kit and had a few cuts to make it fit with non-shorty headers. Thinking of doing the same thing. How bad was it? Minor tweaking or hours of modification?

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Very nice.

You mentioned you bought the BC exhaust kit and had a few cuts to make it fit with non-shorty headers. Thinking of doing the same thing. How bad was it? Minor tweaking or hours of modification?

Thanks.

I was out of town for work when Chuck decided to install the exhaust. He said that "it wasn't to bad" referring to making the cuts and fitment to the long tube headers. Maybe Blazinchuck will chime in.

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
It's already been a year of driving and I've put a few thousand miles on the engine. I've driven to Uwharrie N.F twice to go off-roading and drove back without incident. It's a 500 mile round trip not including a couple days on the trails and I'm getting ready to do it again this weekend.

OP
OP
BucknEB

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
A couple other upgrades in the past week:

Had to fix a leaking rear pinion seal. So we decided to go ahead and install a lockrite.😏
u4u8yqeh.jpg

Also installed some rock lights.
a8yte8us.jpg

And a cheap Cobra mini CB for comms on the trails. (No pic)