• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My stolen Bronco has been recovered! Pics Added

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Believe it or not. Two years to the day. I got a phone call from the police saying it had been found up north around Snohomish near the power line road. It was impounded last night and someone was taken into custody. I contacted the tow company this morning and bailed her out. They're going to deliver her Friday morning. The tow company was very nice to me and only charged me a half day of storage but with impound fees and a tow south back home it comes to about $400. I can't afford it but the rent is just going to be late this month. I've been informed that it's pretty rough, it looks as if they were beating it in the woods. My nice hardtop is gone as is the bumpers, winch, carb, distributor, glove box door and who knows what else. Oh yeah, I had just given it new wheels and tires and they're gone too. The wiring is hacked up under the dash and it has been brush painted a different color. I'll share pics as soon as I can see it for myself. At this point it's sounding pretty bad though.

Last edited:

Fugly

Loc.
Las Vegas
Congrats...I guess?!?!?! That sucks it is beat, but maybe get a few pieces off of her for the new one!

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stolen Horse

Yeah, too bad you can't still form a linch mob like the good ol' days.:mad: Remember what they used to do to horse thieves....right?;D

ooberdoob

Loc.
Mill Spring, NC
that's awesome.

sucks that it's beat up, but it's better that you have it back than your next matchbox bronco actually being part bronco....

are you gonna restore to before or go a new direction?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Great news ;D

I wonder if the guy taken into custody might be responsible for its return to as at time stolen condition, or if you might be entitled to victim reparations funds or something. I don't know about this but you might want to check into it.

I'm just mighty glad you got it back :cool:

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Get the bronco and sue the crap out those responsible. You may not get anything, but there may be a possibility of putting a lean on their house, boat, trailer etc...

Great news, glad to hear it wasn't completely parted out.

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Thats great you are getting it back, Now time to be even more patient and wait until the public record comes out with names and addresess then pay them several visits over time. I would be taking 2 years of frustrations out of thier hide.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Congrats, thats pretty cool to get her back, its like the prodigal son...well kinda, maybe not but hey you got it back!!!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I'm glad you got seabiscuit back Mike!!!! Sorry to hear it's been "modified."

John