• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Name that Floorpan Hole

Mikej2244

Guys/Gals:

I am sure this is a simple question I can ask, get answered, and delete this thread before my ignorance gets flamed. I have a bronco tub, and am trying to figure out what this hole is for above the drivers floorpan along the back riser wall under the drivers seat.

What goes through here? Or do I just fill it?

Fv21Cdk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kip60

X2 that's the hole for the fuel tank manual tubing selector, which is separate from the dash switch. It actually switches between front and main fuel tanks via the tubing in the system.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That's for the fuel tank selector valve. It's how you switch from drawing fuel from the main tank to the auxiliary tank.

Here's a pic, but someone probably has a better one:

post-12265-0-12205500-1350093739.png

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And while we're at it Mike, welcome to classicbroncos too!

Paul

OP
OP
M

Mikej2244

Got it. Thanks. My first bronco build, so I am learning. They never put dual tanks in any of the muscle cars I've built.

(It took me a week to figure out the transfer case, I kept trying to use that shifter thingy to row gears, turns out a C4 is an automatic!)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's ok Mike. You definitely would not be the first person to think the old auto had a really sticky shifter! Especially if you've worked on Mustangs and Pintos and any other Fords that used that same shift lever (or at least a look-a-like) for their floor shifted autos.

The selector valves are still available luckily, if you're still going to run two tanks, but a lot of us elect to get rid of the floor valve and go with a more modern electric valve under the truck.
This means it can be switched along with the gauges with one lever, and best of all, no more old o-rings to fail and leak fumes and fuel into the cabin with you. A bonus all the way around for some of us.
The only reason to keep the old style would be habit, preference, or a more accurate restoration.

Paul

OP
OP
M

Mikej2244

So I am finally back to this....got a new switch I am trying to mount. But there is not room under the floorboard to install the switch (from TBP). I know I cant have it upside down, only 2 mounting holes on the switch, but it sure won't fit under the floorpan.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Can you get some pictures of what you have? Does your switch look like the one Jon posted a picture of in this thread?

OP
OP
M

Mikej2244

Yes. Here is the switch:
ig7GuTI.jpg

With the fitting on top (yes it could be cranked down a couple more threads but not enough), it won't fit. The top fitting hits the floorboard.

zPYrinV.jpg

Last edited:

Mtgrizzlymn

Mine was like that as well. I bought from two different places same issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alpacket

I've got three original valves that are in pretty good shape. If you PM me, I'll send you one.