• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Need some help/advice... again PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
Well, needless to say, I am still on the prowl for my dream bronco. I have been searching for as long as I can remember and am closer and closer to just finding a bronco shop to build it custom for me (trying to avoid that and save some $$$) but I am becoming very impatient.

Anyways, here is 1 i have been seriously considering that I have found on ebay and it is the closest thing I have found for what I am looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c559463ae#ht_946wt_1167

With all that being said, the only changes i would do to this truck is;
Auto trans swap (sell the current one) ?$$$?
Different roll cage
Add hard doors

I have posted a couple other broncos on here for advice and everyone has been VERY helpful... you guys have saved me a couple times from making HUGE mistakes. So, thank you kindly and I will be very grateful for any more advice.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
My honest opinion is that diamond plate and flat black paint is to hide crappy body work AND rust! Sorry to be harsh but that's my opinion... There's a bunch of cleaned up and rattle canned looking stock parts like the steering linkage... It is very clean, and the seller spent a ton of time with attention to detail, but sorry it's not a $25K rig, I'm not sure it's in the $teen-K range either, 10 might even be pushing it. For $25K it should be fairly custom and built with aftermarket or upgraded parts all the way around. For $10K it should at least have doors on it.

If your budget is an honest $25K I'd say to keep looking, there's plenty for sale... Good luck.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
If I was spending 25K, it would need to be exactly how I wanted it... Without changing the Trans, doors, roll cage, etc.

brian1110

Yeah - not worth the time to undo the doors, swap the tranny, and drop in a new roll cage. Dont get me wrong I watched the whole video a couple of days ago. But there are some nice older frame-offs that sell on here for 7k-10k that with another 10k-15k would easily be made into the truck of your dreams. If you have waited thiis long wait a little longer then give it to a reputable shop (I would ask for suggestions in the forum's) and let them build you a big black EB beast.

brian1110

Yeah - not worth the time to undo the doors, swap the tranny, and drop in a new roll cage. Dont get me wrong I watched the whole video a couple of days ago. But there are some nice older frame-offs that sell on here for 7k-10k that with another 10k-15k would easily be made into the truck of your dreams. If you have waited thiis long wait a little longer then give it to a reputable shop (I would ask for suggestions in the forum's) and let them build you a big black EB beast.

This is even a good start - get it down to 8 and you still have 17k to spend.

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/1833475058.html

OP
OP
S

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the advice guys... it's really appreciated and (once again) saved me from starting a bonfire in my pocket$. I will MOST DEFINITELY keep looking and NOT rush into it... as I almost did about 10 times now.

I have always thought that with my $ limit and how focused on detail I am that a shop would be the better way to go overall... I was just concerned (still am) with how much $$$ it will be for the final product. I have heard some horror stories about shops around LA with bronco restores.

BUT, THE SEARCH CONTINUES! THANKS AGAIN

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Well if you started with a clean $4-5K rig, you could do a complete frame up restoration for the $25K you have, which is where you'd be if you bought a $25K rig, then added a custom cage, trans swap, and installed a set of doors...

If you paid a shop to do it you'd be at probably another $10-15k in labor on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.