• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help... bad crash... Please read

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
99.999999999999999999% of his posts are just like that one, have been for years, offers nothing to a thread whatsoever. As soon as I see his username, I skip to the next post.
True that
Well thanky you for all the well wishes, With a little more looking the frame of the rbonco seems fine, the damage is just more wide spread because i hit the tree, then the rig sorta flipped up and smacked its top against the trees before settling again.

I do thank you for the defense against the negative bits, but he's entitled to his opinion as well. I do fell bad, the lady gave me a screaming deal on it and it was all original. But, i had to get to work, our minivan with 300,000 + miles on it had finally kicked out and i had to drive something. I, though most teenagers would i guess, consider myself a good driver. I saved myself from a head on with a drunk mustang driver once. she was pulling out of a bar... and i do pretty good on icy roads.i simply didn't see the ice coming at 45 degrees out at 2:00 in the afternoon.

theres a paved driveway that recently went in, the sun hits it and melts snow that runs down onto the road, which was still in the shade, so just a perfect setup for some black ice.

I do plan on sticking around the EB world, don't know what EB i'll be in... or when i can afford one. It just has more meaning to it now though ;). Nearly didn't make it to my 17th birthday on jan 6th. Simply happy to be around still, and that the rig isn't completely wrecked.

Thanks guys, Happy new year!

(

happy early birthday, mine ist the 7th. so very glad that you are ok. hope for a speedy recovery and rebuild

Sexton Offroad

Loc.
Kamas, Ut
Man, glad you are safe. That thing looks terrible. A re-build will be an awesome story one day. We have a full staff of Bronco enthusiasts. You can call us anytime with questions about parts or locating things.

Best wishes to you and your truck.
www.sextonoffroad.com

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Wow! Somebody was definitely watching out for you. I'm glad you are ok. Definitely a sobering reminder how fast things can happen.

99.999999999999999999% of his posts are just like that one, have been for years, offers nothing to a thread whatsoever. As soon as I see his username, I skip to the next post.

As for the particular "poster" noted by okie4570, you may have noticed his post has disappeared. I bet he holds the site record for removed posts-obviously with good reason!%)

bk005

Loc.
San Antonio
I normally say something like this in safety meetings. That million dollar piece of equipment your running can be replaced your fingers legs arms or life not so easy. In the end it's just metal what's inside is all that matters. Glad your still with us, that looked bad.

vT Don way to douche up another post.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Glad to hear your ok. That Bronco can be fixed, keep whats good and redo the rest. Show people what you transformed her back from.

As for VT, you have to excuse him. He thinks he's GOD but in reality is a very lonely individual who's just looking for the attention.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Wow, Get well soon. I have never broken major bones but have had a major concussion that put me in the hospital for five days. After that they come more easily. Protect your head. Get a daily driver with airbags and if you ever get a Bronco on the road, enjoy it as a pleasure vehicle. Broncs and other classics have no crumple zones or collapsing columns, poor handling and brakes. The previous poster I think was trying to say that we drive these cars back in the seventies and eighties out of necessity and no better technology was available. Now there is and especially for younger drivers more appropriate. Only experience tells you to keep out of a truckers blind spot, to keep eyes open at all intersections even though you have green, drive in the middle lane if tired, etc. I suggest getting a vehicle with some forgiveness. My son will not be driving my classics solo when he is 16, but to each their own.
Anyway, get well and our thoughts are with you.
Pete

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Wicked hit! Happy you are ok and still have the love of the Bronco breed. Time to find a new rig and swap as many parts as you can from the old one I think.

Broken femur is going to take a long time to heal so you have plenty of time to plan!

broncoman805

Loc.
Oxnard, CA
Wishing you a speedy recovery. It's sad to see such a nice rig get wrecked but, unfortunetly it happens. Get another Bronco and enjoy driving it. Any thoughts of turning the back half of you Bronco into a trailer?

And Happy Birthday. Mine is on the 6th also.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Wow that thing looks terrible! You are a lucky lucky man (in an unlucky kinda way)
Glad you're going to be okay!

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I used to think it'd be a great idea to let my boy use the bronco once he's old enough.
But after seeing the pictures of this, and other wrecks involving "old cars"...im starting to think itd be best to let him get his first few years of driving behind the wheel of a subaru or something like my '02 S-10 blazer.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
sorry for the accident that Sucks..

My Kids Can Drive my Bronco when they are no longer Teenagers, a similar thing happened to my Brother in Law and my Wife when they were teenangers they were in thier dads old FJ40 (his Baby like unto ours being our Bronco) but FJ40 meets telaphone pole = Totaled FJ40... they were both fine minor injurys...But I would be devestated if something happened to my kids in my Bronco...besides with my built 351 and well the handling of my Luber i wouldnt trust a teenager behind the wheel...my teenage self wouldnt have been able to handle it...

No offense to you i am not saying its your age that caused it, accidents just plain happen... i love your story of how you got the Bronco and i am glad you are recovering and OK and sorry for your loss, not sure you can rebuild that one but there alot of parts on there you can use to build another one...

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Glad to hear your alive and mending well. Black Ice is the worst!! Your bronco will make a great donor pony...In the future...Leave your old Stallion in the barn when The Black Ice is around, Take your cheby ..or other throw-away vehicle...That way your old pony is safe and sound....PS..where are you located.. Most of us all have some sort of spare-parts collection, and many of us would contribute to a great cause..God-Speed on the mending

OP
OP
I

IsaacNelson98

I'm up in north idaho. No Bronco would ever make a good daily driver,and i never intended for it to be one. Buuut i had to get to work, and that was the only rig i had. SHouldn't have been ice there, but there shouldn't ever be huh?

The more we look at it its realy just the panels and a few internals. I DON'T recommend anyone letting their 16 year old drive there bronco, It was my rig and i just had to get somewhere. I am actually a great driver but i think either of my parents would have done the same n this situation. Just hit some ice and slid straight, nothing could change its course. Anyway im alive, have a good story and a good project.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, Depending on how low it would seem.... i might starta go fund me campaign??Maybe...
Thoughts?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the thoughts everyone, Depending on how low it would seem.... i might starta go fund me campaign??Maybe...
Thoughts?

That would be low but I think most of those "fund me campaigns" seem low to me. It is almost as if many of them come off as society owes them something. Same thing as panhandling to me.

Take this whole ordeal as a life lesson. Life is short and can come to an end fast. Work hard and save up for a safe, reliable daily driver and then save for another Bronco. You will appreciate it more. I hope I don't come across as VT did. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Depending on how low it would seem.... i might starta go fund me campaign??Maybe...
Thoughts?

I think it would be tacky.

I am sorry to hear about your accident and the damage, but be thankful you walked away from it relatively unscathed. I would advise getting healed and saving some money up for the next project. Don't get in a hurry. And get better insurance next time. This is what it is for.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
Thoughts?

What is a go fund me campaign?

Don't take this the wrong way but I was always taught to work for what I got...

I guess that is why my bronco is being built little by little budgeted every year. And has taken 10 years to get it where it is (which isn't far...she's no show truck)..

It sounds like you are taking a truly unfortunate event and asking for a handout no offense intended just my perspective

I know there's guys offering up extra parts and that's awesome I'm not far away from northern Idaho being over here in central WA and I have a hood that's not perfect But some body work it could work out it yours if you want it

I can only imagine what you are going through if my bronco looked like that I would be truly devastated.