• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Nickp

NOW WE ARE TALKIN
dCicRBL.jpg

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sport, thats a new deal. Sort of an escape look, which I thought was a great little suv

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I thought they might be for tying down a canoe.

They are multi use but I think this was the original idea. No rope burns when tying off to the bumper. I think it's a good idea. Will I use it? Probably not but it will be handy to a lot of people.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
The 2-door and 4-door, I'll keep. But, the Sport can be thrown off a cliff. The outline of the Sport looks like the 2000 Toyota Rav-4.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
The 2-door and 4-door, I'll keep. But, the Sport can be thrown off a cliff. The outline of the Sport looks like the 2000 Toyota Rav-4.

I agree, but Ford is targeting the whole Jeep lineup. Ford has seen Jeep sell a lot of Renegades, Compass, and Grand Cherokees. Today's soccer moms are not driving mini vans, they want SUVs to carry those kids, dogs and groceries with. Most of us Dudes are going to do the same...but we want people think it's going to be a 3 day excursion, so we will get the 2 or 4 door model! haha

77Bronco636

I’m holding out for the pick up version.....my Gladiator lease will be done by then and if Ford does the Bronco justice then ill be getting one!!!!I have my hope’s high and fingers crossed!!! Come on Ford! Make us all proud of ya!!!!!!;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I’m holding out for the pick up version.....my Gladiator lease will be done by then and if Ford does the Bronco justice then ill be getting one!!!!I have my hope’s high and fingers crossed!!! Come on Ford! Make us all proud of ya!!!!!!;D

Get out of my head!!!

Lol

My sentiment exactly Bud

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I'm torn between the 2 door and the 4 door. We have 2 grown boys so kind of need a 4 door, for trips etc. But I like the 2 door due to originality. Guess we can take the Raptor on breach trips since it's a crew cab. I just don't know....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Since I have all the toys in our family, I talked my wife into looking at one. She said the one condition is I don’t Mod it. I can deal with that request after she gets it

ArmyCOL

That photo looks odd to me, either photo shopped or video game like appearance.

I was thinking the same thing. The Bronco looks much larger than the other vehicles and the distance between vehicles doe not look to be far enough away to justify the size difference.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
That so called Sport has no business being labeled Bronco. I own a Mariner (the Merc version of an Escape). It's no 4X4, even if it's all wheel drive.

Bronco4x4

I hope the Bronco brand does not follow Lincoln car company’s path. Ford screwed that one up big time.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
So they are finally showing us images, and you guys are already complaining.
I think this new concept of Bronco being a new Ford brand like Mercury is great. Many opportunities to make some neat Bronco name brand vehicles beyond what we have already seen.

We see a,

2 door roadster,
4 door full cab,
Sport Bronco thing,

If Ford is competing with Jeep they need something to compete with the Renegade/Compass. Sport looks like it will easily do that.

I really look forward to this new-again segment for Ford.

Be a little more optimistic guys. I believe the best is yet to come.

Broncoaddict

I think this new concept of Bronco being a new Ford brand like Mercury is great. Many opportunities to make some neat Bronco name brand vehicles beyond what we have already seen.

We see a,

2 door roadster,
4 door full cab,
Sport Bronco thing,

If Ford is competing with Jeep they need something to compete with the Renegade/Compass. Sport looks like it will easily do that.

I think you are right, the best is yet to come. I decided with the ifs I was out when we started seeing mules out testing. Now that we have seen more pictures, the more I think about the new bronco, I'm thinking maybe ford did this thing right. Heck, 35" tires factory, manual trans, removable top and doors, and with some EB retro styling. A new bronco may be replacing my tacoma, I am almost sold. Hoping they are holding out on some colors, preferably something that will be close to my mallard green. :cool:

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN

We see a,

2 door roadster,
4 door full cab,
Sport Bronco thing,

Oh no complaints from me, I'm excited as all get out. Just can't decide on a 2 door or a 4 door. But I'll have one ordered as soon as I am able to do so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk