• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Montoya

Look at the forum you're on. Do you think people on here are against solid axle, V8 powered broncos? If they are they're lost. ;)

I don't think anyone is pissy about it, and sorry if I came across that way. I believe most are simply pointing out that it isn't going to be a natural rock crawler off the lot like our classics are because market research said so. They probably looked at Wrongler sales and said the market is capped.

Styling, it's subjective but there will be a ton of aftermarket to make it look how you want.

Rock crawling is a smaller community compared with the desert racing and expedition communities these days and this will appeal to them more than a wrangler. Plus with the prices of new cars and trucks these days, hardcore rock crawling will be reserved for the rich. Fixing an old bronco fender is cake compared with the amount of stuff on new cars.

Why don't you think it'll match a stock Wrongler's capability off road? There are no back-to-back tests yet so this is just speculation. I would bet they used Wronglers as a benchmark and meet or exceed them in many areas. It might not be great at rock crawling but my guess is it will do Moab bone stock then turn around and do some high speed desert runs and whoop a Wrongler at both.

Based on how well the Raptor turned out and how good their ecu and trans programmers are, I bet there will be a lot of cool electronic toys for off road.

Last edited:

Montoya

So, do you think there will be college football this year? :)

I hope so. Don't even get me going on WVU football! Neal Brown is going to get it done for us like Rich Rod and Dana never could. A legit man of integrity.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
It's really eye opening to me as I read through this post how intolerant a lot of people are today when someone has a different option than their own. Anyone with a different opinion immediately gets attacked and called names. Some people are going to like the new Bronco and some people aren't. Why isn't that okay? Why does everyone have to agree with you? Why isn't it okay for people to post their opinion? This just really baffles me.

All Broncos Matter.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Exactly. This is the reason I had to get off Bronco 6G. I wanted a Bronco that was a true Wrangler competitor with strong styling cues from the original, and capabilities off road that matched or exceeded the Wrangler's capability across the board. Instead, we are essentially getting a next-gen Everest with a removable top and a two door configuration. I am a bit bummed on the styling too; I don't hate it, but it is not getting me excited. I really wanted a solid front axle and a 5.0L in addition to timeless good looks, and those things are a deal breaker for me. Everyone on Bronco 6G told me I was being a negative Nancy and I should just shut up and like whatever Ford slaps the Bronco badge on %)

I have no interest in a SLA IFS that has zero design for an off road application. I could maybe look past the lack of a solid axle if it had a centered differential, portals, or was even TTB, but the Ranger front suspension isn't going to cut it for me on a Bronco.

It does however sound like Ford is going to offer it with a super cool granny 7 speed manual, which I like.

I understand the Ecoboost engines make great power and I have driven a few, but I personally would prefer the simplicity of a relatively large-displacement V8. I feel like a V8 is just as much a part of the Bronco's identity as it is the Mustang's, and this was pretty much a clean-sheet design, so I don't buy any excuses of why Ford couldn't offer it with a 5.0L.

If you like the new Bronco, great, but you don't need to get all pissy when others don't and act like people are being completely unreasonable for basically wanting a Wrangler with a V8 that looks like a Bronco.

I agree. I am just extremely disappointed at the lack of a solid front axle and the lack of a V8. I'm sure there will be a ton aftermarket companies that will be available to buy accessories from, but doing a solid axle swap and a V8 are not accessories. That is major reconstruction. I was just hoping for a solid foundation to build upon like a certain other manufacturer. Flame suit on.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No. The later ones pretty much sucked unless you were hauling around an ex football player who just killed a couple people
Disagree, only issue I ever had with 3 of the fullsize was the rear window freezing shut in Alaska, making it a two door car IMO. Sold it unfortunately. Those were solid fullsize big v8 trucks, you were reminded every fill up. Neighbor has a last year fullsize, failed emissions because that crap tastic plastic vacuum stuff they used. i said someday I have time we will start replacing each of the what seems like 50 vacuum lines with silicone.

Montoya

No Flame suit required, I too am disappointed that it isn't a true Heep competitor but at the end of the day, if it sells well, it creates more jobs for our vendors and hopefully brings in a new generation of Bronco enthusiasts.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
No Flame suit required, I too am disappointed that it isn't a true Heep competitor but at the end of the day, if it sells well, it creates more jobs for our vendors and hopefully brings in a new generation of Bronco enthusiasts.

Their stock could stand some improvement, that's for damn sure

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
so does that mean they have a raptor ranger truck as well?

most of the world got the raptor ranger already for years !!!

heck I drove 4 years ago a 5cyl TD w. manual gearbox in Germany .... all good stuff we cant get !

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No. The later ones pretty much sucked unless you were hauling around an ex football player who just killed a couple people

He rode around in early ones as well. Can't remember the movie but I remember decades ago flipping though channels and saw the inside rear corner of a Bronco hard top. So not the first ride in a Bronco.

On a different note https://www.foxnews.com/auto/when-2021-ford-bronco-revealed
Published date is now June 25th.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Finally starting to see some renderings of the new Bronco with a bed.
This is the one I need, if it's going to be a multi-use tool.

Looks good too.

Probably a 2nd year option though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200608-151231_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200608-151231_Samsung Internet.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 194

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Finally starting to see some renderings of the new Bronco with a bed.

This is the one I need, if it's going to be a multi-use tool.

Looks good too.

Probably a 2nd year option though.
I've read the same about the Raptor version, 2nd year production.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

elan

Loc.
s
I would like to change the name from Press Conference to Depressed Conference.
What a mess. Buy a nice looking Jeep and the money goes to Fiat or buy a bronco that looks like that, and the parts, like most vehicles, are made all over the world.
What a cluster

77Bronco636

I Like the Bronco truck rendering......Would sell my Gladiator for one of those...but the problem is it is only a rendering (as all the good looking Broncos pics are out there today)....hopefully some truth in those renderings!!!