• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN New forum software upgrade planned this Wed 12/8/21

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
It's almost time for the new forum software to go live. I wish I could give everyone an exact day and time, but I just don't have that info at the moment. I am targeting this week.

Almost 2 months ago I made this announcement asking for beta testers. Thanks to everyone who agreed to help! There were several minor items, but really everything was pretty clean and no one found any major issues or holes.

So at this point I'm just waiting for the behind the scenes database transfer to be finalized. The forums and photo gallery transferred over just fine, but the Garage feature is being a little stubborn. But it should be close to done now.

When the new software is ready I will shut down the forums, probably for an entire evening while everything it put in place. When I open up the forums again it will be on the new software and hopefully all will run smoothly.

Everyone's account info will stay the same. Same username, password, email, all your posts, PMs, photos, etc.

But you'll need to log in again once the new software goes live. So if you're one of those people who never logs out (guilty here!) and you don't remember your password, now is a good time to reset it. Here's a link: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

As soon as I know more about the exact day and time I will let everyone know.

I've worked hard to keep the look of the forum very similar to what it is today. There will certainly be new features, as well as old features with new names and located in different spots. There will be a bit of a learning curve, but I will do my best to minimize it. I truly believe the new forum software will be a substantial improvement, so I just ask for your patience as we get through it together.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
CAN'T THANK YOU enough for what you do!! Happy Holidays Jon!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Appreciate you Jon and all the members that helped out on this update ;D

hossbronco

Contributor
I can't believe this forum has been up for almost 21 years! Thanks for the hard work, Jon! This site has been such an incredible resource!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm just gonna post my login and PW here so ya'll can help me find it later.

Username: Boss Hugg
Password: ***********

maybe I should make a shortcut to this post and put it in my safe???

(Thanks for all you do for us, Jon!)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Having tested the site, I will say that one huge improvement is adding pics. No more sideways pics. Heck, even Pa will be able to do this. :p ;D

andyp

Contributor
Having tested the site, I will say that one huge improvement is adding pics. No more sideways pics. Heck, even Pa will be able to do this. :p ;D

I found that adding pics was one of the best upgrades also. Just a simple cut and paste does it!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry for the delay everyone. The new plan is to go live tomorrow Wed 12/8. As mentioned, expect the site to be down for most of the afternoon and evening while things get fine tuned.