• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Never thought this would be my first post on cb.com but I remember your Bronco so here goes... (Oh and hello everyone!)

Back when I had my first EB in 1988 the Brandon you speak of lived in my neighborhood, Far North Dallas. Brandon drove a cream/khaki EB with 33's at the time. His uncle owned what was then Middlekauff Ford on Plano Pwky. It's now Rodeo Ford I believe. He helped me do some work on my '72 Sport and introduced me to Jim Holy in Mesquite. Jim was near the high school almost to Seagoville if I remember correctly. A year later in '89 and I had worn that Bronco out. Didn't see Brandon again as I thought I heard he had moved as I knew a couple of his Uncle's neighbors. Anyways we ended up selling my '72 to Jim.

So fast forward a couple of years while I was in college I would frequently come back home. Half of my friends were in Far North Dallas and the other half were across Coit in Richardson still. While out with a buddy in his Bronco II we drove by a private car dealer lot down the street from Toyota of Richardson. It was next to the Ferrari dealership on the east side of Central and Arapaho I think. The lot had all 4x4's. Mostly mid 80's Broncos, Blazers and Heeps. Two early Bronco's for sure. A grey one that looked bone stock which at the time I wasn't into. The second I am sure was yours. I distinctly remember the orange color and because it was a Sport model like mine had been. I also very much remember the bikini top because up to that point I had only seen Heeps with bikini tops. Before the internet we were stuck with seeing new stuff locally. Both were for sale. My buddy and I looked at both but did not drive either. I remember the sales guy asked for a deposit to test drive them. Yeah not on a college students budget.

The business was open for years. Not sure if it is still there as I avoid Central like the plague nowadays but I'll try and drive by this week and see if its still open. If it is maybe they might have some printed record of a purchase/sale.

WOW....XXXX's on the welcome and what a first post like nabes68 said...
Don't forget to vote......if you like...;D

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never thought this would be my first post on cb.com but I remember your Bronco so here goes... (Oh and hello everyone!)

Back when I had my first EB in 1988 the Brandon you speak of lived in my neighborhood, Far North Dallas. Brandon drove a cream/khaki EB with 33's at the time. His uncle owned what was then Middlekauff Ford on Plano Pwky. It's now Rodeo Ford I believe. He helped me do some work on my '72 Sport and introduced me to Jim Holy in Mesquite. Jim was near the high school almost to Seagoville if I remember correctly. A year later in '89 and I had worn that Bronco out. Didn't see Brandon again as I thought I heard he had moved as I knew a couple of his Uncle's neighbors. Anyways we ended up selling my '72 to Jim.

So fast forward a couple of years while I was in college I would frequently come back home. Half of my friends were in Far North Dallas and the other half were across Coit in Richardson still. While out with a buddy in his Bronco II we drove by a private car dealer lot down the street from Toyota of Richardson. It was next to the Ferrari dealership on the east side of Central and Arapaho I think. The lot had all 4x4's. Mostly mid 80's Broncos, Blazers and Heeps. Two early Bronco's for sure. A grey one that looked bone stock which at the time I wasn't into. The second I am sure was yours. I distinctly remember the orange color and because it was a Sport model like mine had been. I also very much remember the bikini top because up to that point I had only seen Heeps with bikini tops. Before the internet we were stuck with seeing new stuff locally. Both were for sale. My buddy and I looked at both but did not drive either. I remember the sales guy asked for a deposit to test drive them. Yeah not on a college students budget.

Oh my god, this is so amazing. Than you so much for signing-up EBTX and posting this amazing information. I seriously can't believe it. What luck that you happen to be home in time to see my bronco at the car lot. This truly is a small world as I'm sure it wasn't parked there long. Do you have any idea of what they were listing it for? No don't tell me, I can't take it. :cry:

I couldn't remember the color of Brandon's bronco, but it was beautiful. I'm assuming that was a custom paint scheme, but I could be wrong. I have his forwarding address in Oregon, but I was told he moved away about the same time as I did; that was 20 years ago. I'll bet he's long gone from this address now, and he probably wasn't around to see/meet the new owner of my bronco. I wasn't going to contact him as I figured it would not help in my search. EBTX your post has shown me that I must follow every path to see where it might lead. Thank you.

The business was open for years. Not sure if it is still there as I avoid Central like the plague nowadays but I'll try and drive by this week and see if its still open. If it is maybe they might have some printed record of a purchase/sale.

Yes, yes, pretty please if you ever get a chance, and don't mind braving Central (I'm sure it's 10 times worse since I was there) I would be in your debt for this. Thank you so much for the offer! :-*

Thanks again for this truly amazing post...and welcome from one newbie to another!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

wow that is very cool. hope you get some leads on your old bronco Jane

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
When it's found and yes I believe it will be:)...What a story for Bronco Driver.... don't ya'll think...:cool:

Revelation

Bronco Guru
When it's found and yes I believe it will be:)...What a story for Bronco Driver.... don't ya'll think...:cool:

I can see the title of the story.

"Poor Bronco abandoned at Import lot finds way home after years of searching"

Last edited:

muskrat

Bronco Guru
My first one is trying to come home to me! Ran into the guy I sold it to yesterday. He bought another one, along with a house recently. He is in need of a pickup and a tractor for his new property. He's done a ton of work to it but it still needs assembled interior and paint.

I'm going to see sometime this week or next. Maybe she'll come home.

EBTX

Thanks for the welcome folks. Been lurking for a little while trying to get with the flow of the board so I don't stick my foot in my mouth just yet.

jane - As far as the selling price goes I couldn't even begin to guess. The request to put a deposit down for a test drive inferred to me I probably couldn't afford it at that time anyways.

From my hazy memory I do though remember around that time in the early 90's a guy in west Richardson who seemed to plow through Bronco's. Seemed like he always had 2-3 at a time. Haven't a clue as to what his name was. Maybe one of the other Dallas area guys or Jim Holy may have know him. First time I saw a K Bar S catalog was because of a window sticker I had seen on one of those Bronco's.

The old Ferrari dealership I mentioned before has moved south on Central from what I understand but i'm going to try and get over that way tomorrow afternoon to check and see if that old lot is still there.

Here is the GM's contact info at Toyota of Richardson.

Steve Grogean
steve_grogean@toyotaofrichardson.com
(972)238-4400

Call or email him. If he can't help you maybe he can refer you to someone else at the dealership who could help. I have no idea how far back their records go but it would be a good first step. Maybe they still have a bill of sale record. Remember this was the early 90's and most of those lots kept their trade in inventory instead of throwing them to the wholesaler's like today. May make it a bit easier to track down.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
.......................and the beat goes on................This gettin good...Hay muskrat,good luck with yours also....;)

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
looks like hers was cut.... so unless they restored the rear fender back to original, it wouldnt be that one from houston.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Oh yeaaaaah.

btw, what's bronco driver; some kind of mag?? (I know, I $uck)

I can see the title of the story.

"Poor Bronco abandoned at Import lot finds way home after years of searching"

I know, right. ;D;D

My first one is trying to come home to me! Ran into the guy I sold it to yesterday. He bought another one, along with a house recently. He is in need of a pickup and a tractor for his new property. He's done a ton of work to it but it still needs assembled interior and paint.

I'm going to see sometime this week or next. Maybe she'll come home.

Lucky. Congrats to you muskrat if it works out. Keep us posted!

From my hazy memory I do though remember around that time in the early 90's a guy in west Richardson who seemed to plow through Bronco's. Seemed like he always had 2-3 at a time. Haven't a clue as to what his name was. Maybe one of the other Dallas area guys or Jim Holy may have know him. First time I saw a K Bar S catalog was because of a window sticker I had seen on one of those Bronco's.

The old Ferrari dealership I mentioned before has moved south on Central from what I understand but i'm going to try and get over that way tomorrow afternoon to check and see if that old lot is still there.

Here is the GM's contact info at Toyota of Richardson.

Steve Grogean
steve_grogean@toyotaofrichardson.com
(972)238-4400

Call or email him. If he can't help you maybe he can refer you to someone else at the dealership who could help. I have no idea how far back their records go but it would be a good first step. Maybe they still have a bill of sale record. Remember this was the early 90's and most of those lots kept their trade in inventory instead of throwing them to the wholesaler's like today. May make it a bit easier to track down.

Thanks EBTX, this is great information. I just arrived home from a day of errands (boring) or I would have given Steve a shout. I'm gonna go ahead and send an email now, so he'll have it first thing in the morning. You've definitely given me some great leads, so thanks for that.

One question I had, was did you actually see the bikini top on the bronco when it was parked at the for sale lot? Or was it you remember me trekking around North Dallas with the bikini top on? I ask becuase the trade-in was a spur of the moment thing. I had no plans to go and trade-in my bronco and therefore did not have the bikini top with me at the time (remember it was December). However, I do have some vague feeling that part of the deal was that I drop-off the bikini top. I just don't remember one way or the other, and it's been nagging me.

Thanks for posting this Chief MS. I had to check one of the interior pics (looking for that chrome glovebox) as the exterior was a pretty close match; as 70bronc said possibly the rear panel was replaced.

This story is getting interesting! I'm excited for updates! :D

Me too! In 3 to 4 days for my letter should reach Texas. Then I guess I wait to hear back. Tomorrow the GM of Toyota of Richardson will read his email (I hope) and maybe I'll know something else. You guys will be the first to know. I'm so excited!! ;D;D

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI
I saw one in Saline, LA two weeks ago that was similar to that. Saline, LA is about 4-1/2 hours from Richardson, TX. The possibility is there. I didn't get any pics, unfortunately. Very similar, though. I think it was on LA Hwy 9 going through town. If anyone lives near Saline, LA and can help...