• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not so manly question.

77BroncoWa

Not so manly question and its my first post, so here it goes ;D. I have a young son and was wondering on the back bench seat if anyone has a recommended kit or came up with a good safe way to secure a baby seat? Thank you.

Arikilen

Loc.
Clovis, CA
I used the seat belt through the car seat and added an attachment point to the bed for the top hook to hold the seat from going forward.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
responsible though.

I didn't have a back seat at the time and bolted a child seat to the bed

OP
OP

77BroncoWa

I used the seat belt through the car seat and added an attachment point to the bed for the top hook to hold the seat from going forward.

A friend of mine also has a 1970 Bronco and he stated that the stock belts are not usually long enough, he also mentioned that toms bronco parts may sell after market belts that are longer and will work. I like the idea of the attachment point, thank you for the welcome.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My WH economy (not oem) rear seatbelts look like they would be long enough for a child/baby seat but I would use the additional hook thingy as well.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
these guys have you pointed in the right direction...

as to making sure your boy is secure...real men do that!:cool:

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
As much as you need the child seat secure you also need a family cage back there. Especially if topless. There was just a post about cages pics of rollovers with top and no cage.

Toddpole

Contributor
Not so manly question and its my first post, so here it goes ;D. I have a young son and was wondering on the back bench seat if anyone has a recommended kit or came up with a good safe way to secure a baby seat? Thank you.

ANYTHING that helps protect a child is manly in my book! Good job.

romerdoug

I have aftermarket belts that are long enough. I am also adding a bar across the bottom of the cage with tabs to attach the straps from the car seat. My wife is a pediatrician and was not keen on the idea of my son riding in the bronco. She agreed to let him ride in it if it passed inspection at the fire department's inspection. He went for his first ride last week! I thought it was a very manly question bro! Have to keep the little ones safe to pass the Broncos to man.

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah
i have aftermarket corbeau seats in mine with the waist belt holding the seat in place and an anchor bolt directly behind to keep it from moving forward. as lond as the seat is all black or grey it will be manly enough.

OP
OP

77BroncoWa

Wow I have to say I am really impressed with this group. Thank you for all the responses

OP
OP

77BroncoWa

I have aftermarket belts that are long enough. I am also adding a bar across the bottom of the cage with tabs to attach the straps from the car seat. My wife is a pediatrician and was not keen on the idea of my son riding in the bronco. She agreed to let him ride in it if it passed inspection at the fire department's inspection. He went for his first ride last week! I thought it was a very manly question bro! Have to keep the little ones safe to pass the Broncos to man.
;D My wife works at a hospital it was the first question she asked and you nailed it. I plan on handing him the keys whens he is 16. Now its just building memories with the truck. How did your little man like the ride? :)

romerdoug

;D My wife works at a hospital it was the first question she asked and you nailed it. I plan on handing him the keys whens he is 16. Now its just building memories with the truck. How did your little man like the ride? :)

Exactly! I'm planning on building plenty of memories and then handing him the keys. I actually bought the bronco the day we found out my wife was pregnant. I think it is only fitting that he one day gets it. He loved the ride! He had a smile from ear to ear!

Arikilen

Loc.
Clovis, CA
My seatbelts in the rear are retractables from Napa. These are more than long enough to go through the car seats "seat belt" area. It allows you to use the five point harness in the seat.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
If you are not going to ride full size passengers back there then forgo the seat and mount the belts to the floor and strap the seat to the floor, it is safer down low. The disadvantage is he cannot see out so you have to evaluate the tradeoffs.

dclack

I welded 4 D-rings to the floor behind the seat because the stock lap belts would leave the buckle right in my daughter's back. Another thing to remember is when your child gets to a booster seat you are not required to use a booster seat if you only have a lap belt. In fact, your booster seat probably says 'do not use with a lap belt only.'