• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official 2009 Baja 1000 - Endeavor #301 Thread

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
OK, I thought I would get it started since things will be happening fast from this point forward. Jerry, Matt and Chuck loaded the racer yesterday and headed for San Diego. I spoke with them this evening, and they made it OK. Short stop in Yuma to get a new set of tires on the tow truck, and off they went to meet the guy from King to dial in the new shocks. Looks like the new addition to the rear setup was worth the money, and apparently the beast is handling better than she ever has! ;D They are hauling it over to the SCORE inspection place tomorrow, then chilling until the rest of us show up Saturday. Sunday morning we'll all cross through TJ, and head down to Ensenada. Monday/Tuesday will be some last minute wrenching, fluid checks, etc... Wed is driver meeting, Thur is contingency and Fri is race start. I will be post a few pics and updates here, and you can check our website at baja.coachbarnes.com. During the race, you can follow our progress at http://irctracking.com/2009/Baja1000/. We are #301 this year. I hope we can make the EB crowd proud this year, because it's been a while since we've had one of our own finish this race. I think this is our year!!

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Whoooohoooo Git-R-Dun!!! I wish I was going along, that would be a blast for sure.. Smack Jerry on the back of the neck if you can jump that high :)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mike

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Some day I would like to be part of your cheering team. Family vacation. Dirt, trucks, tacos, Sol.
Good luck. I will be watching updates.

OsideDave

Hope to see you down there and best of luck to you and the team. I preran last weekend with our motorcycle team, 208X, from Borrego (200) to San Felipe (340) and then from San Matias (420) to Valley T (500) and its a pretty rough course, with lots of rocks and whoops. Some nice hi speed stuff going to Mikes and getting towards. Pretty technical at 440 to 490, Bronco should do good in there w/ 4x4 and short wheelbase.

I'll be riding 305 to 350 and 490 to 530.

Dave

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Here are a few shots of the boys out testing with the suspension tuner yesterday -- just East of San Diego...looks like they are having way too much fun without me!

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 135

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Good luck team Endeavor, you know who is with you ;)

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Some nice hi speed stuff going to Mikes and getting towards. Pretty technical at 440 to 490, Bronco should do good in there w/ 4x4 and short wheelbase.

I'll be riding 305 to 350 and 490 to 530.

Dave

I'm jumping in just before Mike's and will take it all the way home..I'm pretty sure you will be drinking a cold one by the time I make it to the finish line!

Be safe, and have a blast! See ya in Ensenada!

Alan -- yes, he is!

Dirtheadz

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Watch out for the Mexican booby traps. Have fun and remember, slower is faster. All you have to do is finish (very fast). As my signiture says . . . Pin it till your scared then grab another gear!!! Good luck & watch out for RJ in his TT

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Racer passed SCORE Tech yesterday. I received this photo from the boys at 2:25 A.M. this morning! Looks like they need some adult supervision! ;D (They are a great team, and I just love 'em...) -- On my way to the airport to meet them in San Diego. Heading to Ensenada in the morning..probably doin' the world class Sunday Brunch at La Fonda!

Attachments

• IMG00012.jpg
    IMG00012.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 125

bax

Contributor
Old Member
A fish taco tattoo? how does that fit in with a desert race?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Fish tacos are synonymous with Baja. You can't go down there without eating many of them.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
We made it to Ensenada with no problems. Hassle free border crossing, and made the world famous Sunday brunch at La Fonda! Then made our way to Team Endeavor HQ. The racer and several team members are staying at a house near one of the marinas, and a few are staying at a downtown hotel near the action. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to San Diego in time to stop the tattoo madness, so a couple of more made their way onto an unamed team member (but many of you will recognize the big giant arms!!). Went grocery shopping, and chased down a couple of misc. items.. Anyway, here's a few shots..the first is just a peek at the boys getting everything packed in Rockwall, then a shot of the racer loaded up in San Diego, then a shot of Endeavor HQ and the boys working on the racer as soon as we unloaded in Ensenada. Lastly, the new tats.. Will hit a local taqueria tonight, chased by a few cervesas!

Attachments

• day1b.jpg
    day1b.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 121
  • day1c.jpg
    day1c.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 120
  • day1a.jpg
    day1a.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 87
  • day1.jpg
    day1.jpg