• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Holopawlooza 2009 *Official* Registration Thread...

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a beastly 6500 watt generator I'm happy to bring, but it isn't anything considered close to quiet. Also, have a dual burner propane stove and several lanterns I will bring.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
It was pretty breezy so there weren't many bugs. I forgot to mention that there is a large fire pit also so bring your chairs to make sure you have a front row seat for the BS session

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Hey Smokeater, What do those of us who plan to come in Friday night need to do as far as getting in the gate that evening. I'm hoping to get there 9:30ish. Thanks

You can call anyone of the 4 people on the list I posted the other day. We will all be at the camp Friday night and will all have keys to the gate. Just call when you get close as someone will come meet you at the gate and let you in. Simple enough.

This goes for anyone else that is coming in on Friday anytime throughout the day.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Very good information to have Butch. Thank you for posting that up. I sure wish it was a little more wet out there just to keep the dust down and pack in the sand some but we have to deal with what mother nature gives us. I just hope it cools off some for the weekend, it's been too damn hot around here!!

bearsden73

Loc.
Palm Bay, Florida
found some problems in tiger frog yesterday I beat ii up

found some problems with truck. yesterday was first flight(so to speak) for my truck. found that engine looses oil pressure after running 15 minutes or afte climbing hills. not good. either have bad oil pump or need different oil pan, secondly have carb issues again with this holley POS. its only a 2 bbl and seems to work OK until I pound it or jounce it and then its crap. not sure how to make it work with such short time left. its got creeks and groans but it works. does not overheat a bit(I was afraid fo that). anyhow I will do my best to get the problems fixed, buth have been out work for over 3 months and funds are very limited. time I have that. also having problem with locking hub drivers side(stock ford dana 44) wants to stick in and not lockout when its needed. possibly have gear problem in rearend it is real loose at pinion and binds transfercase up when in 4 wheel drive(broke twin stick shifter trying to get it out gear. all parts of this truckwere purchased and used as is other than fluids. so I might have something not good going on. as I said I will look it over and post as to my intentions on this weekend. 'thanks again for putting this deal on I know I appreciate it even if my fate does not allow me to participate.

Rob D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a spare 2 barrel carb I can bring down to get you through the weekend...

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
~~~ 3 DAYS TO GO !!! ~~~

I am sooo looking forward to Friday morning !!!

Seeing some Friends again, meeting new PP and having a fun weekend is exactly what the Dr. ordered !

See ya all in Holopaw !!

ciao

Franko ;)

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Franko, smokeater, yANK, Just wanted to toss up a BIG "thank you!" to you guys for putting this event together for everybody! ONE more day!

ebronco

Loc.
Apopka
Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!

Latest word on the Holopaw area is it is dry and dusty, but still have mud at the holes...

mel381

Loc.
Tampa, Florida
Smokeater11...
I will be broncoless :( My bronco is still getting body work. With my set back a while ago, everything got pushed back.

She will be ready for the next event.

I'm so excited to meet everyone and a big thanks to all you guys who put it together!

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Hey Chris,
Thanks for registering and we're looking forward to meeting you. Just a couple of questions, how many people are going to be in your group and are you driving your rigs in or trailering them in? I'll add you to my list.

Sorry, I've been so busy I have not had a chance to check this site in a long while. At this point I plan on being there. Driving up Saturday morning.

Chris (me)
Morgan (my 8 yr. old son)

1976 Bronco
2006 Toyota 4Runner & Trailer

That's it!

I'm coming from Naples, FL.
239-253-3670 Cell Phone

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Well folks I'm just about packed and ready to go. Gonna put the truck on the trailer in the morning and meet fla67 around 9am. That should put us into Holopaw by 10:30 or 11:00. Obviously, once we get there I will only have internet access via my blackberry so if you need me specifically please just call me. 863-559-6910 If I don't answer PLEASE leave me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP. I will do my absolute best to keep my phone where I can hear it but my rig is a little loud.

Please, please, please do your absolute best to be to the gas station on Sat morning by 9:30am. And if you're going to be later than that please call one of us and let us know. I would hate for someone to be sitting at the gate and not be able to get in and none of us know you were there. AS LONG AS YOU COMMUNICATE WITH US WE WILL HAVE NO ISSUES!!!! I want to give everyone as much time on the trails as possible and we will NOT wait on you unless you let us know. The phone numbers have been posted so please write them down and bring them with you so you will have them if you need them.

Everyone travel safe and we'll see you either Fri. or Sat.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
jeez, so much left to do. Since the wife is not coming, I haven't worked on the bronco for the last two nights, giving my time to her instead. I've got tomorrow off, so hopefully I can get everything done that needs doing.

* mount the winch. I may not hook it up, but I should be able to get it mounted and have the cables with me to complete the install tomorrow night at camp

* mount tool box to trailer. I've had both for two years and just haven't gotten around to it. Just need 2 lengths of square tubing and 4 bolts.

* Check the master cylinder to see if it is working for the rear. I know I have no rear brakes, so maybe this is an easy fix.

* Load the bronco on the trailer. 2x 2" straps to the front bumper, 2x 2" straps to the rear bumper, 1 chain around front axle, 1 chain around rear axle.

* Shop for food, bring 2 gallons of water

* locate tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, lanterns, camp stove, propane tank, mess kit, matches

* pack clothes

* Wash dogs

* clean laundry/dog room

* do laundry

* load gear into bronco/4runner

* check air pressure in 5 bronco tires, 5 4runner tires and 4 trailer tires

* Bring 4x empty gas cans

* grab SunPass from wife's car

getting up at 6:30, I think I should have plenty of time. Chris is coming over at 3, we are hoping to hit the road at 3:30, coming down 27. I don't tow often enough to want to brave I-10/I-75, plus 27 is a much more scenic and pleasant drive! I should be there around 9 methinks, I may run some errands in town before.

Basketcase302

Loc.
Bartown, Florida
Holopawlooza

Hey guys,

Response better late than never....

As long as it's ok with everyone, I'll be there Sat. morning for the festivities.
"Broncoless" but with the Ford Fire a burning for the support and the commarade'.
Plus I can't wait for the BS session round' the campfire, I'd have many to tell but I'll spare everyone for another day. ;D

Basketcase302/Jeff