• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Holopawlooza 2009 *Official* Registration Thread...

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
MY PAPPY ALWAYS SAID :

SON ... if you go somewhere or if you are in a bar and you dont know anyone but you wanna have a good time and make quick some friends ,
just buy everyone beer !!

with that in mind i did a lil shopping for the event !!!;D

Sat 11-07-09 is going to be FREE BEER for everyone until i run out !!!

now ... to keep its all nice and cold ...
WHO COULD HELP ME OUT AND BRING SOME ADD ICE ???

Attachments

• P1013690.jpg
    P1013690.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
OK COOL ..thanx ...... I GET MORE BEER !!! LMAO !!!

any requests ??

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Update .....
Hey bax I found them in cans !!! :D
"We luv you man" ;)

Attachments

• x3693.jpg
    x3693.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 11

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I luv you Franko. That is too cool. I got a friend at the bait store. I can fill up all my coolers with ice.

69 Fl. Bronc

I'll fill my 100 qt up and bring that. My bronco will most likely stay at home. May need the trailer $ for Yanks roll bar. Mine looks homemade. The bars going back go to the the front of the rear wheel wells. The welds look like shit too. I though the bars going back went farther. Anyone have a pic of the stock one? Thanks for the offer Franko. We'll see what happens. May have to spend Sat. hanging out at your truck. Was half asleep when we met.

ebronco

Loc.
Apopka
Got a new battery in my EB this weekend, put some air in the tires and fired her up. Will load it up this weekend.

Looking forward to the event.

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Excitement is starting to build here too. Got the brake controller hooked up in my truck yesterday. Going over the trailer tonight. This weekend will be maintenance on the tow vehicle.
Ordered new bungee cord for my tent poles.
Still a bit of a list, but it is the primary focus right now.

Thinking about insects. I am ordering refills for my Thermacell tonight. Hopefully we will have enough mud on us so we wont need repellant.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
OK ... with my Roller Coaster day today ... I do have some good news !!!
The event shirts are done and I went to pick them up !!!
Jerry got them done for me in 4 working days !!!
I think the turned out unbelievable good !!!

Attachments

• P1011008.jpg
    P1011008.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P1011009.jpg
    P1011009.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 6

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Alright, I got the wife on board! Still need to go to walmart and get that double size Inflatable mattress, install some tunes(hopefully build and install tonight) and check the trailer. Plenty of time. I may replace the hubs depending on cost.

People: Me, Wife and grapefruit
Shirts: Large and Small
Vehicles: Toyota 4Runner and Trailer+Bronco

I've got a dual burner stove and a couple of lanterns I will bring, also another cooler of ice!

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
wow ....

-:¦:-•:*'""* -:¦:-HOLOPAWLOOZA -:¦:- *'""*:•.-:¦:-

in 7 days !!!! ;) :eek: ;D :cool: :D

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Did alot this week to my brothers 66 motor and got most of the bugs out drove down the road good 66 disk brakes and power steering 411 gears and a spool in the rear should do ok old but still good 170 motor. she aint pretty but she runs i will do paint later see you all next week

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
6 days and count guys!! Does anyone have any questions, comments, suggestions, needs, whatever??? As best I can remember you have an address for the meeting point, and phone #s to contact us by if you need us. Someone will be updating this thread almost daily from this point.

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Hey Smokeater, What do those of us who plan to come in Friday night need to do as far as getting in the gate that evening. I'm hoping to get there 9:30ish. Thanks

Basketcase302

Loc.
Bartown, Florida
Holopooza?

Hey ya'll,

Newbie here.
Owned my Bronco, (or pieces thereof) for some 24 years now.
Just wanted to let ya'll know that I've got a lot of parts to get rid of in the next few weeks. And Holopaw aint' that far, (but too far for my 03' Expedition with the "check engine' light to travel). :(
Sure wish I could make the time to get there but the big "D" / packing to move / 3 dawgs / and health issues stop me from doing so.
Holopaw is a cool place! I used to drive through there on a daily basis on my maintenance route toward the east coast, (skeeters might be bad there now though/their still out here). Take some bug spray!
Please feel free to shoot me a PM or call me (863) 781-5933 if there's anything in the line of good running gear you might need soon, (I don't have much time to get rid of all of it/don't really want to either but that's a different story). ?:?
Still have the C-4 mated to the D24 with J-shifter, driveshafts, axles, and all the running gear. So far I've got the axles listed here in the classifieds.
Didn't mean to hitchhike or steal the thread, just wanted to let all of you know that were coming from afar. ;) I'm just about 20 minutes south of Interstate 4 in Polk County.

Basketcase302 (Jeff)

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Well, the following was found during last night's routine maintenance for the trip: Rear ds u-joint bearings in one cap litterally turned to dust. Lucky I decided to do maint.....or I'd be on the side on the road. So, I checked front bearings--both sides toast and need new locking hubs. Looks like it will be another busy week. Crap. Lucky I checked though....

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
Okay Bronco Guys and Gals, there's less than a week to go and I thought I should post a little info about the conditions in Holopaw. I was there this weekend cleaning my camp and getting ready for you folks. While I was there we rode the property and can report that it pretty dry and dusty. There is mud in the usual holes, but the rodes are pretty much deep sand. The rode in is fairly good as well. It's sandy and can be a little difficult. We had several travel trailers and a large motorhome towing a trailer full of ATV's get in and out without any problems.
I would also like to pass along a little info on where you will be camping and a few things that will be needed while you are there. There is only primitive camping there. You will need to bring whatever you need to sustain yourself for the weekend. There is water onsite but it is not suitable for drinking. There is a small bathroom with a shower and toilet but it does not have hot water. There is a sink for washing your dishes or whatever you may need to wash. There are 2 good size grills for cooking as well as a counter for preparing food. There are 2 picnic table as well. The tables and cooking area are under cover as well as the bathhouse but everything else is out in the open. There is no electricity available except to run the lights under the pavilion, bathhouse and well. If you are camping and need electricity you need to bring your own generator or other power source. A few things that will be needed from a couple of folks camping will be,
A charged 12 volt battery to run the water pump for the weekend.
Charcoal and lighter fluid for the grills
Grill utensils
Firewood
Toilet paper
Trash bags
If you are able and willing to bring any of the things on this list please let everyone know by posting on this thread. Also one other thing to note. If everyone attends that is expected it will be a full house. We are going to stick with parking tow rigs and trailers in the front parking area and keep the camp open for Broncos and camping. The front parking area is only a little over 100 yards from where you will be camping but isn't easily visible because of the brush and trees. Please plan to pack out whatever trash you make and respect my place. I hope this helps and I am looking forward to meeting some new Bronco folks and seeing some old ones as well.
UCBRONCO
Butch Williams