• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old disc brakes setup

NickMcAFP

Contributor
Loc.
Sturbridge
The guy helping with my 75 finally got into the front end. My father had completed some unknown disc brakes conversion in the 90s. I was informed today that the part numbers are from a 77 Ford. Is it likely that they are from a later Bronco or was there a different Ford conversion available?

I'd post the part numbers if I had them but I don't at the moment. I'm hoping that someone can chime in and let me know what I'm likely looking at and if it is something I can keep going on as all of the mounting stuff is still in good shape.

Thanks!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Can you post pics of the setup you have installed? That will help us give a positive ID of what you have.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
NickMcAFP

NickMcAFP

Contributor
Loc.
Sturbridge
Can you post pics of the setup you have installed? That will help us give a positive ID of what you have.

Todd Z.
It's all in pieces right now. I sent it out to a friend of mine so it isn't something I can get at easily unfortunately. I was hoping the options would have been limited enough in the 90s that it would be easy to hazard a guess at what it might have been.

OP
OP
NickMcAFP

NickMcAFP

Contributor
Loc.
Sturbridge
Found the Bendix number: 3204157.. looks like they are from an F150 then? I seem to have forgotten how to post pictures 🤷‍♂️

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Likely a knuckles out conversion to the drum brake Dana 44 that came on the Bronco

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The caliper brackets, calipers, rotors are the same on Bronco and F150.
The difference is the steering knuckles. The shape of the arm that the tie rod attaches to is a little different.
What knuckles you have, which turns into what steering linkage will work, is still an unknown.

OP
OP
NickMcAFP

NickMcAFP

Contributor
Loc.
Sturbridge
The caliper brackets, calipers, rotors are the same on Bronco and F150.
The difference is the steering knuckles. The shape of the arm that the tie rod attaches to is a little different.
What knuckles you have, which turns into what steering linkage will work, is still an unknown.
I can see if I can get a picture or a part number off of those at some point soon. My main concern initially was what wheels would fit (which I understand is going to be dependent on the knuckle as well).. I'm happy I atleast have some clue. I didn't really do the math on the discs up front until after I had sent the truck on its way to my friend's place.