• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picked tbird EFI....

ransil

Bronco Guru
Sooo, I fired up the motor and unplugged the #5 injector and it didnt make any difference so I plugged it back in and unhooked #6 and ran worse.
So I unhooked #3 and then #4 #3 made it run a little worse but idle was still the same.

Think my injectors are bad? Cus that would make my mpg be really bad and run lean.?

Run the cylinder contribution test.

Just cleaning them in a bucket of solvent does not tell you if they are good or bad, get them flow tested.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Man that test sounds like a pain.
I had a scanner hooked up awile ago and the codes where normal beside a number8 miss fire...but I expected that

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Man that test sounds like a pain.
I had a scanner hooked up awile ago and the codes where normal beside a number8 miss fire...but I expected that

System isn't smart enough to know when injectors are not working properly.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well i got my injectors cleaned and he said they where just full of crud but all flow the same and are working perfect. and i remember my tank was rusty and nasty so i got another one frome Steve StClair.

well i got the tank and cleaned it this morning and put my injectors in wile it was drying out.

i looked at my intake and one of the hose's had a gash in it and the port on the intake was bent (hit my booster bracket) and another hose was very hard and full of cracks and another hose that had a hole in it from a bolt on the fire wall. and a gasket covering my EGR hole was split in half some how? fixed all that and used hose clamps on all the ends.

installed the tank and checked for leaks and bled the fuel rail and put the intake on and what not. it fired right up and it's running WAY WAY better then it did in the past.

now..my old tank had 4 gallons of gas in it and it's not that old but i cant deside if i should use it in the bronco or my truck or if it's any good. it's a little darker then fresh gas but dose not smell bad.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Glad you got it going. Old gas is only good for campfire starter.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
I'm using the tbird computer, I never did try the mustang computer now that it's running better. But when I get back from Cali I'll try it and see if it smooths out my idle.

Almost all of my problems where cus I didn't have the car with me and people kept taking parts off and using a different motor.

It will be a good swap for ya.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
So here is a quick update lol

I'm still having problems with the EFI

People's are telling me to redue my exhaust and replace the O2 sensors

I plugged in the mustang computer and seems to be doing better but it's to early to tell and I'm sure it's not it.

I would really love this thing fixed before the bronco safari...