• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picked tbird EFI....

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You can start it without the O2 sensors attached. It would just prevent it from going into closed loop operation. I should run fine like that.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
efi5.jpg

efi7.jpg

efi6.jpg

efi4.jpg

efi2.jpg

Here are some better pictures!! Also I got my O2 sensors in & made a mount for the new coil. Hope to have it running by the end of the week when the pig tails for the O2 sensors get in!:D:D:D

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
gf posted those for me :D

guess what showed up today!

I figured it would run...but im a bit nervous about starting it....

worried the computer is going to fry or something....so just figured i would wait for the parts to show up so i can start rueling out problems.

if it runs grate im going to drive it to my family's cabin up in the uinta's in WY
2hr trip there...think it will be up for it?

what ya think my MPG will be? 3 speed auto,38.5,5.13 gears,60-65mph no tach.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
i didn't see that till now. i don't have a volt meeter.:-[

try'ed to start it today,

''kurt'' it still dose the same thing,tho it try's to start with the key now,but the fuel pump still stay's off, it still wouldn't run,but kept trying. try'ed the starting fluid again and pushed the gas to the floor,made a big back fire through the intake again, i did get it to run for few second's,but still doing the same thing.

im starting to wonder if it's out of gas? but then it should still start with the starting fluid...

also, my check engine light is not on.

and sense i'm heir, what wire's from the o2 sensors need to go to what wire's on the harness. like, the two white wires to what? the gray wire to what? and the black to what?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
One wire is ground. One goes to the HEGO relay. 3rd wire on left side goes to ECU pin 43. 3rd wire on right side goes to ECU pin 29.

Need to get fuel pump working before it's going to start. Do you have power and ground at the pump? Is there an inertia switch in the path?

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
fuel pump is working.
I had it hot wired up cus when it's cranking it's not turning on like it should..no i dont have that switch, just from the relay to the pump and to the computer.

it will turn on for about 3 seconds or so when i turn the ing switch to run.(like it should) but go to turn the motor over it dose not turn on, but when i put it back on RUN it will turn back on for that 3 seconds or so.

my problem with the O2 sensor wires is i dont know what colored wire from the harness go's to what colored wire on the O2 sensor.

I know that the gray-red wire go's to pin46 and the tan-wht go's to pin43 and tan-org go's to pin 44.
but dont know witch wire to connect those onto the O2 sensor's.

my batter is charging and wont be done for another hour, so im going to check my timing,put more fuel in it, and check out the harness to see what i messed up on.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
As long as the pump primes when the ignition is in RUN it should be wired correctly. It doesn't need to operate in START. The 3 sec thing is normal. Did you prime the entire fuel system by grounding the fuel pump trigger like in the link I mentioned above? That will run the pump continously.

Harness wires don't always have the same color. You really need to use an ohmmeter to trace the wires out. This diagram show the connector and where the wires go.

Attachments

• 88-91eecPinout crop.JPG
    88-91eecPinout crop.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 19

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
no, how do i do it?
i didnt see anything in that link on what you need to do to ground the trigger.

thanks for the chart!

You have the self test connector, right? Ground the one that says fuel pump trigger, then turn the key on.

Attachments

• Selftest-Conn2.gif
    Selftest-Conn2.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
oh, duh. ;D

well, it ran for a few min's, ideled and reved up! still have some cind of problem.
it will only start if i push on the gas,and it rev's about like my carb did.(im guessing it's cus my o2 sensors are unpluged,and timing is a little off) and im going to test #2#3 injector's to make sure there firing.
i did the spray bottle test on the exhaust and 2 and 3 where not near as hot as the other's.

got my check engine light to work,(forgot to wire up the power;D)

on a sad note, lol i forgot to move my oil line away from the exhaust mainifold's..4 quarts of oil all over the drive way...:p

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Check codes and set timing. Keep a fire extinquisher nearby.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Ok here is the color codes for the O2 sensors.

Driver's side: Gray/red goes to gray on the 02
Tan/orange to black on the 02
Black/green to white on 02
Gray/yellow to white on 02

Passenger side: Gray/red to Gray on 02
Tan/white to black on 02
Black/green to white on 02
Gray/yellow to white on 02

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
well, wired up the O2 sensors, fired right up! stayed running,push on the gas and revs right up like it's nothing...so i took it for a spin around the block. noticed a few thing's.
1,i need to strap down my battery before i set off :-[
2,it has a CRAP LOAD MORE POWER!!!
3,i need a traction bar now%)
4,it has a ideling problem,just chugs and ides up and idels down. (think it's just the computer learning everything) when i get home ill try run a test on it.
that made my day tho, HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME OUT!!!! it would still be a pile of cut up wires and a non running motor;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Set the base idle speed (IAC unplugged but still able to idle at low idle speed) and make sure you don't have any vac leaks.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
tryed to set the idel speed, couldnt figure out how or no change was made.
i dont think i have and vac leaks. it will fire up and idel perfect for 3 seconds or so then run crappy.

heir is my code..i cant figure it out :-[

#2 left off in same spot from first video.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
ok...
well i went for a little drive.

got out of the drive way went up about a block and got really bad death wobble so pulled over to turn around.
got about a block and started pulling into my neighborhood and it started backfiring and missing and could only idel back into my drive way, put it in park and each time i pushed on the gas it would back fire and miss really bad.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Read the link I posted. It tells you how to read the flashes.