• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

picked tbird EFI....

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Valve covers will probably be ok but you'll need to route the PCV valve into one and run a small tube to the other. The tube needs to pull filtered and metered (needs to connect between the MAF meter and throttle body blade) air into the engine. Any unmetered air getting into the crankcase could cause issues with the A/F ratio. It eventually gets sucked up by the PCV valve and into the combustion chambers.

so run a line from the PCV to a T,run one to the upper intake and another between the MAF and Tbody? think thats how it was on the Tbird.

thanks for the help guy's :)

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
so run a line from the PCV to a T,run one to the upper intake and another between the MAF and Tbody? think thats how it was on the Tbird.

thanks for the help guy's :)

Wrong! Run a hose from the intake tube, after the MAF, to the valve cover. Run the PCV to the upper intake.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope. (edit: what Pedestrian said)
Both have to be on separate circuits to work properly. The valve itself has to be plumbed into full manifold vacuum, usually in the upper plenum. Some models do use a "T" fitting, but only to run the valve evenly to both halves of the upper manifold/plenum.
The other line, should go to the intake tract after the MAF, but before the throttle blade. Don't remember what setup you have, but if you have your PCV valve in one valve cover, the other hose should go into the opposite valve cover. If your valve is in the back of an EFI manifold, then the other line can go into either cover.
Some setups have throttle-bodies with the hose fitting right on them, while others fit the hose into the intake tube somewhere between the MAF and the TB. But as he mentioned, it has to be AFTER the MAF, so that the computer takes it all into account when adjusting things.

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Ok I started the confusion so I painted a picture of how it should be. The blue line is the fresh filtered and metered air into the valve cover. The purple line is going from a vac port under the manifold to the PCV valve.

This PCV placement works with the truck lower only. The lightning lower or car lower has a PCV port on the back of the lower.

Attachments

• pcv.jpg
    pcv.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 59

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Thanks Viper, I didn't realize the truck manifold didn't have the provision for PCV.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
you rock viperwolf :cool: im very much a photo guy ;D

but my upper has 5 ports. im trying to send a pic to my email but it wont go throught tonight

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
you rock viperwolf :cool: im very much a photo guy ;D

but my upper has 5 ports. im trying to send a pic to my email but it wont go throught tonight

Hook the PCV valve up to the manifold just like it is now but with a longer hose to get it in the valve cover.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
then run a small line from between the MAF and the Tbody to the other valve cover? or should i run it to that smaller port on the upper intake?

also, could i get a pcv valve that has a smaller port on it that i could run that smaller line to?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
then run a small line from between the MAF and the Tbody to the other valve cover?

Yes that too. Do not run this hose to the manifold or you'll have a big vac leak.

You should keep the PCV port/hose diameters as close to stock as you can.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
sorry, i ment get one that has two ports on it, a big one for the main hose and a smaller port for the smaller hose.

im worried the upper is going to cover the other breather port on the left valve cover.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
sorry, i ment get one that has two ports on it, a big one for the main hose and a smaller port for the smaller hose.

im worried the upper is going to cover the other breather port on the left valve cover.

You can always add one of those phenolic spacers if you have room under the hood.

hdmc

Loc.
goodyear AZ
i'm running the t-bird set up. I went and picked up a set of t-bird valve covers at the local pick and pull for 15 bucks cleaned and painted them my chrome ones wouldnt fit .

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
mmm,but arnt your running a 302?

I tryed to work on my harness, im more confused then ever?:?

I got wires that go from the MAF that lead to no where and wires from the EEC that lead no where....:cry:

im going to need alot of help sourting through it...

but i did get alittle done yesterday,

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
my sister said i got a box at the door;D
ill find out if they will work or not today!

I hope they do cus i don't think stock valve covers will fit my roller rockers.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,ya know that old saying one step forward 2 steps back? thats smacking me in the face and kicking my butt!
;D
got the adapter from BCbroncos today, I dont think it was ment to be used with the 5.0 upper off a Tbird, the bolts are the wrong and the intake hit's the fuel pressure reg and lightly on the fuel rail.

I need to get a 1/2'' or 1'' spacer or so, on top of the adapter for it to clear the FPR.
it hit's lightly on the valve covers.

the spacers from summit are 70 bucks! :eek:

im out of money and out of parts :(

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Those chrome high rise valve covers are causing you more issues than they are worth. If you don't have high ratio rockers, I would ditch them and get a set of EFI valve covers from the junkyard. The issues you are having with the FPR can probably be solved by searching for a different fuel rail that will position the FPR elsewhere.
I have your wiring schematics and some instructions ready. I will make copies tomorrow and mail them to you.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
thanks man! your a huge help.

it's very close to them, but the huge problem is the FPR.

I want to run the bronco script valve covers,will those work?
if not i guess ill just get that $80 spacer.
I can lift the upper 2 more inch's before it hit's the hood.

OP
OP
broncomitch

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
got a letter in the mail yesterday! ;D

it's going to be a huge help! i studied it yesderday,i got a few questions.
but think once i set it all under the hood ill understand it all.
thanks a buch for doing that.