• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

please help with upper hose routing and shroud mounting-missing parts after long hiatus?

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Could you take some pics from the front of your truck so we can see for sure what thermostat housing you have? And what your water pump looks like, etc.? There's a lot of confusing information and opinions in this thread and it's hard to keep it all straight!

I ran the stock 5.0 serpentine setup for about 8 years with a stock radiator - it shouldn't be too tough to figure this all out!

Thanks,
Todd Z.
Amen! Yes it was all working fine until we took it apart. That TuffStuff water pump is what I am using-it is just painted now to match the block lol. I think the shop may have misplaced the radiator mounts and that could be throwing it all off...or perhaps mixed up parts with a different vehicle (less likely). Either way I will get some pics when I can. Yes, stock fox 5.0 serp+stock EB radiator and thermostat housing= should be straightforward.

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Ok all I have an update. Turna out the entire pitch of the driveline is off. The hood will not close. The Bronco had to be removed with care to not damage the freshly painted hood, how sad!

I could get negative here but really want to move this forward and be solution oriented.

I dont want to get into specifics on a public forum about my personal situation, but I cant be near the Bronco to check on it. Fortunately I have a friend who will, and it is at a great shop that has done work for me on other cars and has never let me down.

Im really thinking one or two things are throwing it out if whack. 1. The engine mounts got mixed up with different SBF mounts and are making the engine sit too high, and/or 2. the transmission crossmember is missing a piece and making the transmission sit too low.

The transmission crossmember is an old Toms AOD custom crossmember when they used to sell those-a cut and welded stock EB crossmember to fit the AOD. When this engine was in and running, there was some steel used to shim the crossmember to get it right. I imagine this has been lost.

I dont want to aimlessly throw parts at it to see what sticks, but I need to be prepared to help the shcp with some solutuons if/when I get the call.

That said, are there any known 'best' engine mounts and AOD crossmembers? For the engine mounts, I found a set at Duff solid/urethane that they claim keeps the stock engine height vs others which raise it 1/2 to 3/4". Toms has a new fabricated AOD/4R70RW crossmember. For stock engine mounts Wild Horses has the ones (I think) with the safety built in in case they break.

Curious what yoy all think. Its ok I need to do this again but I do want to get the combination right this time given high labor coats and lost/mixed up parts.

Thank you for your guidance.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck with your re-assembly. I feel your pain, similar circumstance with long lag time between tear-down and build -back. Ferretting out the culprit(s) will take some dectective work but be rewarding when you come to the 'Eureka' moment. Hopefully your 'Eureka' moment will differ from Archimedes.
1682849397356.png

Last edited: