• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Possible Mass Buy on 3 Row Aluminum Radiator - UPDATED 30DEC2011

Would you like the trans cooler on passenger side or driver side of radiator?

• Trans cooler on passenger side (current configuration)

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Trans cooler on driver side (redesign radiator)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Ok....I would like to try and get a feel for who would be interested in a Mass Buy.

The radiator that the mass buy will be a 3 row aluminum radiator. There are two verisions of the radiator.

http://www.championradiators.com/page/404171694

1. 5.0L Conversion Radiator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ROW-CHAMP...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb9a42761

2. Original Configuration
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ROW-CHAMP...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb579daea

I am trying to get the fine details worked out. As soon as all the details are worked out and I have an approximate number of interested individuals, I will start a mass buy thread in Vendor/Mass buy chat room.

Who would be interested? I need to start a list. And as the way most mass buys go, the more folks we have buy, the better deal we can get. Let me know if you are serious about it.

There are a couple of options that are available if you want to order one of these radiators. The company also has a 16" 2500cfm fan that could be added and there is an option for an aluminum fan shroud. But, that is in the fine details. Just post up here if you would be interested in either one of the 3 row radiators that I have linked above.

*EDIT1: The fan shroud that the company has is for an electric fan. The shroud is not for an orginal style fan. This mass buy is not limited to Bronco only radiators (something I just found out). If you need any radiator that they carry, it can/will be eligible for the mass buy discount! I talked to the company on Thursday 12-22-11. I gave them an idea of the response that yall have shown in this thread and what yall want. They are double checking the inventory. They said they were going to be closed today (Friday 12-23-11) due to the holidays and would reopen on Tuesday 12-27-11. What kind of time frame would yall like to actually like to say have the mass buy? I was thinking maybe the first or second week in January. That would give the company time to make sure they have enough of the products to meet the demands of the sudden orders of the Bronco style radiators.

Sound good to yall? Also, I have added the type (org or conv) of radiator you said wanted next to your name. If I have something wrong let me know or if I do not have anything by your name, let me know which type you are interested in.*

**EDIT2: Here are the numbers on the conversion radiator
3-5 radiators - $20 savings = $180 per radiator
6-10 radiators - $25 savings = $175 per radiator
11-19 radiators - $30 savings = $170 per radiator
20 or more - $35 savings= $165 per radiator <---We are here!

Now, this is for the total amount of radiators purchased by our group (conv and org styles). Currently, if everyone that has posted purchases, we will get a $35 discount on the conversion. I have to double check on the original style since the advertised price is a lot less than the advertised price of the conversion radiator. Last time I talked to the company (Thursday before they shut down for the holidays) I gave them a rough number of the interest that has been shown on this thread. The guy said he would check and make sure they (ledfoot racing and their supplier) could hadle the order. If they couldn't for some reason, he was going to find out how long it would take to get the supply in stock. I will post up info as soon as I get it. Thank you all for you time and patience! I will base the order time frame around the info I get next week. I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!**

Thanks.

*EDIT3 (12-28-11): I talked to the manager of LedFoot Racing yesterday. I asked him about the price on the original style (was $149.98 +shipping). He said that he didn't realize that the bronco radiator was one of the sale items. He said that his supplier had gave him a list of radiators that were on sale for christmas and that the sale was only for about a week and a half. The regular price is $199.98, same as the conversion.

As far as availability is concerned......
1. Currently there are plenty of the original style radiators available. When we announce the dates for calling in for the mass buy, all you would do is call in, order the radiator, and it will ship no delays.

2. As far as availability for the conversion radiator goes, they are very limited (currently 1-3 on hand, i will find out today), BUT they can and will get more. The manufacturer of the radiator asked LedFoot Racing to find out more info as to what we prefer in relationship to the design of the radiator.

They want to know if we want the built in transmission cooler to stay on the passenger side of the radiator (current set up) which is on the hot side or if we would prefer to have the built in transmission cooler on the driver's side which would be the cool side. For the cooler to be on the cool side, there would have to be a redesign of the radiator AND the transmisson cooler would be smaller than the current version.

Now, if we want to keep the conversion radiator in the current configuration, it will take about 4-6 weeks to get the radiators in stock ready for shiping. If we want to have the cooler moved to the driver's side, there will be about a 3-4 week redesign time plus the 4-6 week time frame to get the radiators in stock ready for shipment. So if we want a redesign, you are looking at up to a 10 week lead time before the radiator ships.

So, I will try to get a poll up on here about the transmission cooler. FYI, LedFoot Racing also has an external transmisson cooler if needed.

I would like to apoligize if any of this news is an inconvience. I am relaying the info to you as I find it out. I hope this doesn't change any of yalls minds about this mass buy. *

**EDIT 30 DEC 2011:
Ok, I just submitted the official mass buy thread for Jon to review before he puts it up.

The mass buy dates will be 3 Jan- C.O.B. 6 Jan2012. Normal business hours are 9am-6pm pacific time. All details will be in the official group buy thread. I will post a link to it once Jon reviews/approves content.

Here is the link for the Official Group/Mass buy:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197612

LIST OF INTREST:
1. JDJ - conv - order placed
2. laen461 - org
3. broncoitis? - conv
4. u10072-
5. surfcityEB66 - org
6. beaux312 - conv
7. badmuttstang -
8. HGM - conv
9. Bronco717274 - org & conv
10. 512cadillac - conv
11. hank_ - conv - order placed
12. motoman - org - order placed
13. deadfish - conv
14. hyghlndr? - conv
15. BlazinCopper - org
16. Broncotis - org
17. rcmbronc - org
18. mnido - conv
19. Campaa - org
20. Izzy? - conv
21. Hozr - org & fairlane
22. CA_bronco - org
23. Growler - org
24. Tasty Geezer - org - order placed
25. jdamach1 - org
26. okie69 - org - order placed
27. Chief Master Sergeant - org
28. HoosierDaddy - conv
29. broncbusted - conv
30. kholding - conv
31. SoDak - conv
32. DEEPWOODS - conv - order placed
33. cafirefhtr - conv - order placed
34. stupidboy - conv
35. mhandy - conv?
36. recoiljunky - conv
37. bronco loco - conv
38. BucknEB - conv
39. airbur - conv

Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
5.0 EFI Conversion Radiator

Might be interested in the 5.0 Conversion radiator! ;D

u10072

Bronco Guru
I am interested- need info on the shroud posted as well.

Matt

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
Count me in on an original...wow... $149 seems like a deal before a mass buy.

x2 U10072

would also be interested in shroud

Heus33

Bronco Guru
No bronco for me but you might want to specifiy if 4 core mounts are needed. IIRC, they are for this type of rad.

Other things to consider:
1. Shroud (as previously mentioned)
2. Depth - this could require a smaller spacer on the fan if not going with the electric upgrade.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
I will need the orignal as I have the 2 wheel drive ford steering gearbox and the 5.0 but bottom hose won't fit if on drivers side already tried one.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am in for a conversion radiator and maybe a shroud. Thanks for setting this up.

Henry